MLA is not going anywhere

Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

MLA is not going anywhere

Post by Phoenix »

In the wake of two other Moonlight sites sadly closing their doors, it seems that I have unwittingly caused a kerfuffle. :blushing: After being ‘off the grid’ I’m trying to do everything at once and apparently my timing sucks – and not in a good, vampy way...

With my hand on my heart, I promise you all that moonlightaholics.com is not going anywhere. :phew: The web-hosting company has been paid :yes: we are in the process of doing technical upgrades and planning to add all sorts of goodies to the board :coffee: and as far as I know, the mods are not planning to quit en masse. :fingerscrossed:

If you have any concerns, questions, or comments, please feel free to post here and/or contact any member of the admin mod, team: Alle, Lilly, Lucky, PNW, Red, and yours truly. :groupwave: :whoops:

Phoenix – board admin.
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: MLA is not going anywhere.

Post by wpgrace »

:biggrin: :twothumbs: :smooch:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Thanks, Phee for all you and the mods have done for us and for the reassurance. :smooch:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonShadow »

:shrug:

I can't imagine that this bunch of radical fans would ever,,,
Banner by Lilly

Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn
The power of man, for none of woman born
Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Good to know. I know for a fact that I would freak out if this site went missing or turned into a different site than it is.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Phoenix

Thank you for posting this.

I haven't said anything, but I certainly have turned it over in my mind and was worried.

Very relieved. Whew.

Jenna

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

I am very sorry for the stress I've unwittingly caused. :blushing: :slaphead:

The only planned changes are designed to enhance the "Moonlight-ness" of our board, with music, a screencap gallery, possibly some custom skins, and the like. The technical changes are things such as a routine board software upgrade, which will just make the board run a little smoother and possibly even a little faster, if the tech-geeks have done their jobs properly. :fingerscrossed:

Speaking of the upgrade - which I keep threatening to do and then it doesn't get done. (Bad administrator. :tomato: ) Since the third anniversary of our beloved :hearts: Moonlight :hearts: is almost upon us, we won't be doing the upgrade before the 28th, as we decided not to tempt fate and risk the board being offline on that day.

The Motel will be open while the upgrade is done ... but there is no place like "home" on our anniversary. :heart:

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

Thank you so much. I really need my Moonlight fix. I heard about Moonlight Dreams going but wasn't aware of anything else.

Also I have to say this - and please don't throw any fruit or anything else - I really hope this stays a Moonlight focused board. There are other board for those who want to focus on mainly on Alex or on Hawaii 5-0. Yes I am so happy for his success but it was really Mick St. John that made me join some fan-sites.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Totally agree with Moonlightsonata!

But disagree with 'bad administrator' :no:

Very good administrator. :yes:

If we throw anything at Phoenix, I vote for virtual flowers and virtual chocolate (dark, milk or white--just let us know which one). If it wasn't for the fabulous Phoenix, this board would not operate as smoothly as it does.

Thanks!

Jenna

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
AussieJo
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by AussieJo »

I agree.
Darling Phoenix, we love you! :smooch:
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

MoonlightSonata - thank you. And even though today we're celebrating the premier of Hawaii Five-O with banners, there are absolutely no plans for this board to drift away from it's Moonlight focus.

MoonlightDreams sadly closed :sadface: and MoonlightLove also vanished into cyberspace recently. :sadface:

_____

Jenna - thank you. And if you're planning to throw chocolate :hyper2: :cheer: :eat: I prefer the really dark 70% (or darker) bittersweet type. :cloud9:

_____

AussieJo - thank you. (Have you found a site where those of us on the great big island can watch H50, by any chance?) :fingerscrossed:

GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Didn't think you or MLA was going anywhere but it's still nice to hear. Thanks for the reassurance, Phee.
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

You're welcome GA. :hug:

If I get my foot any further down my throat, I'll need it surgically removed. (My man will vouch for that...)

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Phoenix wrote:MoonlightSonata - thank you. And even though today we're celebrating the premier of Hawaii Five-O with banners, there are absolutely no plans for this board to drift away from it's Moonlight focus.

MoonlightDreams sadly closed :sadface: and MoonlightLove also vanished into cyberspace recently. :sadface:

_____

Jenna - thank you. And if you're planning to throw chocolate :hyper2: :cheer: :eat: I prefer the really dark 70% (or darker) bittersweet type. :cloud9:

_____

AussieJo - thank you. (Have you found a site where those of us on the great big island can watch H50, by any chance?) :fingerscrossed:
And MoonlightFans... they apparently are now gone too. So it's really 3 gone. :hankie:

And good question... have they announced H50 for Oz yet??
SURELY they will show it in Oz!!!!
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
MoonMarg
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: MLA is not going anywhere

Post by MoonMarg »

Yeah Grace - Channel 10 in Australia has picked up the rights to H50 and are really excited about it. However they have decided to wait until 2011 to show it. If they had started it now they would have stopped mid-way through because of the non-ratings period between November and January (ie over the Christmas summer break) apparently.

I'm currently in the process of deciding what to do. Download and watch it on the computer or wait until next year and see it on TV. I had to watch so much of ML via download I'd really like to be able to sit down and watch Alex on national TV for once. However, I doubt I'll have that much willpower to hold out for months.... :biggrin:

Return to “Forum Announcements Archive”