Milestone ~ we've been online for six months!

Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Milestone ~ we've been online for six months!

Post by Phoenix »

Ladies and gentlemen, time flies when you're having fun with good friends! :ghug:

Moonlightaholics has been online for exactly six months, to the minute. :cheer:

Please join in the celebrations! :celebrate: The official party is happening here.
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Milestone ~ we've been online for six months!

Post by redwinter101 »

Congratulations to you, Phoenix. You're created a wonderful online home that is all about Moonlight - the cherished and precious thing that brought us all together in the first place.

I can't believe six months has gone already - it has flown by!!! It's been a blast. We've all learnt a lot along the way and we've always tried to stay true to your vision. Sure we've had a few bumps in the road but we've made it through - and that's thanks to you, Alle, Lilly, Lucky, PNWgal and all the wonderful members who have chosen to spend their time here with us.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

Congrats to all, and to the mods and Phee, for a job well done. :hyper2: :cheer: :cheer:
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
AussieJo
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by AussieJo »

I love it here.
It's comfy, it's familiar.
It's home. :heart:
Congratulations to Phee and Co.
Thanks Ladies for making it a lovely place to be :ghug: :flowers:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Congratulations Phee and her girls :wishes: ... ya'll are amazing and gentle mods, talented and exciting writers :quill: , and wonderful and delightful friends :rose: . Happy Anniversary!!!!! :celebrate: I have enjoyed every minute of my time here... and I do come here every now and again... :devil:

And I mentioned this to Red last night, but if you think about it, and of course I do, it's been a pretty good 6 months for Moonlight fans ...
The DVD came out in the US and Oz with a lovely new picture of Alex :cloud9: . Sci Fi ran the show all the way thru and ran some of the eps in reruns, including a couple of "marathons." There was a Con in London. Moonlight continues to make lists of good shows, cancelled too soon shows, and to get mentioned here and there . No one has called us rabid in a few weeks now :dracula: ...

Alex came out of his exile and blogged a couple times :yes: ... tho not recently :no: . He got an article in TVG and they released a few rather cute pics of him from last year :heart: . He kicked @$$ and took names on Criminal Minds. He got a movie. And he got a new show. :hyper2:

And SciFi ran ManThing at LEAST 3 times... what more can a fan ask?? :rolling:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Just to reiterate my comment above about our wonderful members, Grace, you continue to prove my point.

:smooch: (in a non-slashy way, as ever)

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

redwinter101 wrote:Just to reiterate my comment above about our wonderful members, Grace, you continue to prove my point.

:smooch: (in a non-slashy way, as ever)

Red
:coffee: :rolling: and :heart:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
ozbella
Mortal

Post by ozbella »

And SciFi ran ManThing at LEAST 3 times... what more can a fan ask??
Hey Grace :wave: the Moonlight DVD won a Saturn Award as well :woohoo: :hyper2: that was my six month anniversary post.....now I'll go back and hide. :flowers:
Beautiful Banner by Pinkiepie
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

redwinter101 wrote:Congratulations to you, Phoenix. You're created a wonderful online home that is all about Moonlight - the cherished and precious thing that brought us all together in the first place.

I can't believe six months has gone already - it has flown by!!! It's been a blast. We've all learnt a lot along the way and we've always tried to stay true to your vision. Sure we've had a few bumps in the road but we've made it through - and that's thanks to you, Alle, Lilly, Lucky, PNWgal and all the wonderful members who have chosen to spend their time here with us.

Red
Thank you, Red. :rose:

As Lilly once observed, (with feigned horror), I almost always list the mods in alphabetical order. Tonight, however, I am going to list them in the order in which they signed up for the 'giant thrill ride' that is creating a brand new website. Red, Lucky, Alle, PNWgal, and Lilly - thank you for your willingness to take a chance on our "boutique" messageboard; for your perseverance; your patience; and all your hard work. I have never had the pleasure of working with a more gracious and honourable group of people in my entire life.

To all our wonderful members - thank you so much for embracing our little site with such enthusiasm, and making it what it is today. It's hard to reconcile in my own mind, that only six months ago, I was sitting here feeling the first flush of nerves, wondering if I was perhaps in over my head. (I am not a computer-geek by any stretch of the imagination.) It feels like five minutes ago, and yet it's hard to remember a time before MLA existed.

Thanks to all our members for maintaining their faith & sense of humour while we changed web-hosts; struggled to get the smileys installed; and most recently took an unexpected road trip back to the Motel. There have been a few other little issues - some more serious than others - yet through it all, we have continued to forge a sense of community, and even family, here.

Moonlightaholics has evolved in many ways, some aspired to, and others totally unexpected. But it would be nothing without our amazing mods and incredible members.

I thank you all.

Phoenix.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
one.zebra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by one.zebra »

It's been my pleasure to be part of this site...I appreciate all the hard work, fixing glitches I don't understand and having a nice comfortable atmosphere.

Hugs to you all and thank you!

/raises glass of Diet Pepsi/

Mary

I am currently up to my eyeballs in Clair's office, plowing through her great story...hot, funny, exciting, snarky and full of love...

check it out!
Banner and avatar by Twilightdew!

Travelling 33rpm in an iPod world
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Post by jenstc2003 »

*Hugs Phoenix and the Mods* Thank you all so much for our beautiful piece of the cyberverse, and for all that you do to make it as wonderful as it is! Here's to many many more months spent with our friends right here!
Jen

Mick's Synful One
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

I'm fairly sure that I'll have another coffee, do the pesky "real life" stuff for a bit, and then wake up next week to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. :giggle:

We'll need the whole six months to plan that party, too! :celebrate:

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

What a lovely place this is. :heart:

First I'd like to say thank you to Phoenix for putting her faith in me and asking me to be a mod. It was very scary, and I had cold feet at first, but she was wonderful and tolerant of my hesitancy, and she encouraged me to give it a try. That's a rare thing--when somebody sees potential in you and gently encourages you to trust in yourself. :hearts: :hug:

Next I want to thank my fellow mods, who've all taught me a ton and who have laughed, cried, torn hair, and generally been there with me through thick and thin--both here and in real life. I can handle anything life throws at me with such staunch friends at my side, even though they're not actually in my vicinity--it's like having an invisible posse with me all the time. :laugh: I love you women and I'm proud to be among you. :ghug: :hug:

And last but certainly not least, thank you to every one of our members. I think you're all just amazing, and I feel honored to have helped make this such a lovely home for you to play in. I think Phoenix is right--that one-year anniversary is right around the corner, and I, for one, don't plan to burn the chicken, 'K?

Now where's that party...? :hyper2:
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

Congratulations, love, hugs, kisses and all that great stuff to Phee and the mods for all their hard work and dedication in putting together the best Moonlight site ever!! :ghug: :smooch:

It's been my pleasure to hang out here with my friends and be part of the greatness!!

SIX MONTHS ALREADY? HERE'S TO THE NEXT SIX! YAY!! :woohoo: :cheer: :clapping: :champs:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Thanks for the lovely home, gals! It's comforting to know there will always be a place to appreciate Moonlight and visit with everyone.

ETA: to remove banner from sig
Last edited by HotMicks on Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Forum Announcements Archive”