Six Months Champagne Challenge (PG13)

A place for cassysj's G to PG-13 stories
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Six Months Champagne Challenge (PG13)

Post by cassysj »

I do not own any recognizable characters no copyright infringement is intended. This is a depressing story with a hopeful ending.

Beth’s POV

I can’t believe it’s been six months since Mick and I got together. So much has happened. I thought when I gave up my dream of being a reporter that would be the biggest change I would have to make. Six months since the first time we made love. Six months since that awful list arrived on Talbot’s desk. Los Angeles is a war zone for vampires.

It was a brilliant plan of Legion's to out vampires as weapons. Genetically altered humans set on destroying our way of life. Mick has finally agreed to relocate. Josef left weeks ago. Maybe once we’re in New York I can finally convince him to turn me, start our life together forever.

Mick’s POV

It’s been six months since I started to live again and now I have to start over. I managed to stay in Los Angeles for almost ninety years. I know it was naïve but I hoped I’d never have to leave. This city was my only unbroken tie with human Mick. Josef says he prefers the torch bearing mobs to what Legion is doing to us now.

It’s selfish of me to bring Beth to New York. It’s only a temporary safe haven and the deeper she gets into my world the further she’ll be from humanity. I can’t leave her here though. She could be rounded up under guilt by association.

It didn’t seem real to me what was happening until Guillermo was killed trying to sneak into Mexico last week. Seeing what was left of him after the silver and sun I knew I had to leave.

Josef’s right how dare they call us monsters. He says he has a plan once we get out of LA that will protect us and Beth. I don’t know what it is but I just hope we can get out of California.

Josef’s POV

Here I am hiding in a basement in New York. It’s been over 150 years since I’ve had to hide like this. I smuggled most of my girls out of the country with new identities. Mick didn’t believe me when I said they go after our humans. For safe passage to Canada, Logan helped most of the girls get settled. I took three of them with me for the trip to New York since I can’t safely hire any more freshies. Now they refuse to leave me and are currently supporting me since I can’t access any more money until I can get out of the country or prove I'm not a vampire.

Solita is keeping the books at a sleazy nightclub. Tangie is a part-time receptionist and Summer is waiting tables. So help me when I get out of here those girls will never want for anything again. Hopefully I’ll have good news tonight.

Coraline’s POV

It’s been six months since Josef rescued me from Lance. As soon as The Legion went public he needed my research. I’ve spent almost every hour of the day the last six months trying to come up with a synthetic cure for vampirism.

I injected myself six days ago and I still appear human. I have no idea how long it lasts but they release you in three days if you don't die from being chained in the desert with silver.

I’m seeing Josef tonight. If I was successful he promised to turn me back and offer me a sire’s protection from the Duvalls. He knew I’d do this for Mick anyway. Please let Mick be able to get out of Los Angeles.
Last edited by cassysj on Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Re: Six Months Champagne Challenge (PG13)

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

Wow, cassy, what an apocalyptic view of what the Legion could do. This is REALLY good! To think Josef has to hide in a basement, living off 3 of his freshies. And the description of how the Legion outs and kills vamps. Hon, you should really do a long version of this story, it's just that fresh in imagination and potential! WOW!!!!
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Thank you. I recently watched The Handmaid's Tale with Natasha Richardson and the idea for this story came a bit from that terrible world they lived in. I had a very clear image of how they killed the vamps and I'll think about doing a longer version.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Wonderful and scary, Carol! I can't believe you guys can churn out a story this fast!!! :clapping:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Cassie,

this is an intriguing view of what could have happened....none of the wealth and power that Josef had could save him or the others from the madness of prejudice. Wonderfully done. :hearts:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Grace - Thank you. It is a scary thought what the modern torch bearing mob would be.

DSR - Thanks. In particular with Josef because he has so much to lose but I thought his paranoia would at least get him out of immediate danger but NY is not safe for vamps just safer. Mick having never been through a vampire purge would be slow to move.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Cassy, I've read The Handmaid's Tale, and I totally get where you're coming from with The Legion. This is a chilling story, and I agree that it would be wonderful to read an extended version with more detail.

But... :bmoon: WHY did you have to kill Guillermo???? :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie:
I mean... it's a great story element, but... :Mickangel:

Bless Tangie, Solita, and Summer. They'll see Josef through.

And Coraline--how lucky for all of them that she had already been experimenting on the Cure!! :gasp:

Awesomely good--I'm so impressed! :hearts:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Oh, cassy, that's fabulous. What an apocalyptic tale! And that they need Coraline now, what a spin. I'm so sad for Guillermo, and I really hope they get out of this. This could be the start to a really great novel. It seems to be Eris' style of story, but you found it first. Go on, explore this!
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

Alle took the words right out of my mouth.

This is a fantastic premise, cassy, and would make a GREAT multi-chapter fic!

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Alle - I know I didn't want to kill G but something had to get Mick off his butt. We know Josef's girls are loyal. They all would have liked to stay with him but transporting ten people is hard in this society. I thought it would be interesting to make Coraline the heroine. She was working on it and Josef is nothing but practical.

francis - Thanks it's a dark tale but I hope interesting. I am taking it further.

PNW - I'm so flattered. Thank you.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I am going to expand this story and am starting with Josef's Story. It's Called Life After The List and will be several chapters

viewtopic.php?f=622&t=3998
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

Wow--Josef always talking about torch-bearing mobs, a brilliant idea for a story!! Poor Guillermo!! :bmoon: :sigh: Great job!!!! :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :gasp: :eek2: :devil: :fingerscrossed: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :flowers:

mitzie :mooncat:
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

carol~~well done!! Loved the different takes you wrote for each person.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

mitzie - This was a pretty dark idea that's gotten darker since I've expanded it.

Fleur - I'm glad you liked the different POV's
Albra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Albra »

Great story, Cassysj !
Thank you
:rose:

I must check "Life After The List" ...
:reading:

Return to “cassysj's Office”