Sarah's So Tired. PG (Sleeping Beauty story)

A place for cassysj's G to PG-13 stories
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Sarah's So Tired. PG (Sleeping Beauty story)

Post by cassysj »

I do not own any recognizable characters, no copyright infringement intended. This is my take on Sarah's thoughts if she could hear the conversation between Mick, Josef and Beth in Sleeping Beauty. Dialogue used in episode in bold

Mick, Beth, This is Sarah. Sarah Whitley.

Charles who have you brought here? I can smell them. One is like us and one is human. But she’s not one of the humans who feed me. I wish you had told me I’d need to sleep so much. I’m always so tired.

This must be what a newborn feels like.

Did you turn me yesterday or the day before?

You said I’d be hungry Charles. I’m never hungry. Why can’t I feed from a human yet? I know you said I’d have to be watched with humans in the beginning but how am I going to learn to be careful if you don’t wake me up and let me do it myself.

You’re too overprotective. I won’t hurt any of our girls. I promise.

They are “ours” now aren’t they Charles? I’m not jealous I know we need them to live.

It took me over 350 years to find her and less than a year to lose her.

Lose me???? You haven’t lost me. I’m just tired. You sound so sad Charles. What could make you so sad? We have all the time in the world.

Window shatters

What’s that noise? Charles! Charles!!!!

Die Vampire!

Who would want to kill you??? How do they know what we are??

Charles you’re hurt!!!! Why can’t I move????? You said I’d be strong when I became a vampire. I’m so tired.

You’re still alive! I can hear you but you're hurt.

What are you using back there barbecue tongs?

Who is poking you with barbecue tongs? Wake me up!!!

He’s hurting you and you have such sensitive skin. I’ll be much more gentle. I’d get up myself but I’m so tired.

She really loved you.

Charles, I don’t know why you have to hear from one of the girls that I love you. If you would help me wake up I wouldn’t just tell you I’d show you.

But Charles, you have to wake me up soon, I’m starting to feel like Sleeping Beauty.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Re: Sarah's So Tired. PG (Sleeping Beauty story)

Post by librarian_7 »

Cassy, cassy...you made me cry. It's easy to weep for Josef in this situation, but I don't know how often we remember to weep for Sarah as well.

Thank you for sharing this.

Lucky
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

Poor Sarah!! Sad and lovely story!! :hankie: :heart: Taking it from Sarah's side was unique and you write it so well!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :hearts: :bmoon: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :rose:

mitzie
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh my gosh Cassy... this is really heartbreaking. I had a friend who was a neurosurgery nurse. She told me stories of people who woke up and told of being in a sort of limbo state, where they could hear what was going on around them but couldn't respond. They had appeared to be completely unconscious. I had never thought before that poor Sarah might be in that same state. It's a horrible thought... what a beautiful and tragic story!
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Oh how horrible to lay there and not being able to do anything. At least she doesn't realize it has been 50 years, that's comforting. Thank you for taking on her perspective. She had so little screen time that we often forget about her.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Lucky - I've always loved Sarah because she meant so much to Josef and I wanted to give her a little voice.

Mitzie - Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad you liked it.

Alle - Regarding what your friend the nurse said going into a personal story. My mother was in a coma after her heart surgery and she told me she could hear long before she could open her eyes. She said the good thing was it wasn't like she was laying awake for hours on end. She would hear people talking for a minute or two and then go unconscious again. As she was starting to come out of it she heard the nurses talking about going out to vote. When she woke up that afternoon and the doctor was asking her questions. What's your name? Do you know what month it is? She said It's November and it's Tuesday Election Day. The doctors were shocked that she was so aware.

francis - It would have been too tragic if Sarah had felt the time passing. I don't think Sarah is aware of many things because most of her days would be the same routine. But if she happened to hear Charles's voice she would try to stay alert as long as she could.

Edited to add. Francis I consider you a Sleeping Beauty expert, I'm thrilled you enjoyed it.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I think many of us love Sarah--for Josef's sake. We didn't really have a chance to love her for herself, but she made him so happy.

And while it's not being in a coma, I have memories of being under anesthesia for a complicated dental procedure--and being aware of what was going on, it was just too much trouble to open my eyes. The nurse came by from time to time and squeezed my hand and told me I was doing just fine...

Lucky
AggieVamp
Rogue vampire

Post by AggieVamp »

Carol -

This was heart-breaking beautiful. Especially since the episode is fresh on my mind from last night. And while I know (realistically) they have to shoot scenes from several angles - Sarah's position in the bed changed. And of course we don't know HOW Josef keeps her 'alive'. If only we'd gotten the chance to learn more....

Karen
Banner by HotMicks

Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional - and I Opt NOT to Grow Up!
:petcat: :petcat:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Thank you Aggie. I'm always nervous when I write something out of the Josef Doll universe but this Sarah has been rattling around in my head. It would have been wonderful to learn more.
greenleaf9
Rogue vampire

Post by greenleaf9 »

Oh, I love this! It pulls on the heartstrings...so beautiful and so sad. :hankie:

Taking Sarah's point of view is simply a genius idea. *applauds* :clapping:
Banner created by the lovely RedNightBird.

"...The moon's an arrant thief, and her pale fire fire she snatches from the sun..." ~William Shakespeare

Better Safe Than Staked.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Thanks so much GL9. I've been watching a lot of Sleeping Beauty lately.
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

:hankie: How awful it must be for Sarah to lie there, unable to respond or move. She must have been so scared when the assassin broke in. I’m glad that she thinks that she was turned very recently. Her state would be even more unbearable if she could feel each day, each year, each decade drag by.

I really like how you repeated "I’m so tired" over and over. The short sentences really added to the tired feel of the story.

:rose: :hearts:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Thanks Marigold! I love Sarah and I didn't want her to be aware of the the decades that had passed. That would be too horrible.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Cassy

This is so intriguing. What is Sarah aware of in her current state? Does she know what is going on around her? Does she dream?

Thank you!
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

:flowers: Such a sad story, Carol. Sarah is aware of everything around her but doesn't realise the time that has past. At least ,that is a relief. I have never thought of her like that, always thinking of how hard this is on Josef, Sarah's ordeal escaped me. :flowers:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .

Return to “cassysj's Office”