Dangerous Trails - Chapter 13 (PG-13)

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Dangerous Trails - Chapter 13 (PG-13)

Post by francis »

Just a short one today to keep things going until I have more time.

Disclaimer: see chapter 1.

Chapter 13

Mick snuggled into Beth’s form in the luxurious bed in Mamo’s guest room. He had spent the morning in a freezer and had snuck into Beth’s bed while she was taking an afternoon nap. She was snoring lightly and he sat up on one elbow to watch her sleeping face. After a while her breathing changed. She didn’t open her eyes but he knew she was awake.

“Why don’t you sleep, too?” she asked.

“I’m good. I just want to watch you”, he said.

She turned around and watched his face. “You are worried about the Legion still being around, right?”

He nodded. “That, and how Steve will react to the truth. He’s not a man who trusts easily, and he has been fooled by Mamo for years. I hope this won’t make him lose another father figure. Mamo told me that he already lost his father and his mentor because of a vendetta of his family with a man named Wo Fat.”

Beth scowled. “I think keeping things from him could be more detrimental than telling him about vampires. He has seen enough to not let go. He’s good at his job, and he’s been around enough classified stuff to know what keeping a secret means.”

Mick smiled. “You figured him out from just a few visits.”

Beth grinned back. “I’m an investigative reporter, and I was heavily ignored by all the testosterone filled males in the room while I was in hospital. It gave me opportunity to just watch and learn.”

He hugged her closer. “I didn’t mean to ignore you.”

She stroked a hand over his chest. “It’s not that I’m complaining, just stating facts. Steve didn’t even think to interrogate me without you in the room. He always took us for an item. I wonder why.”

Mick turned on his back and pushed her around until she lay on him. “That’s because we are an item.”

She smiled and kissed him. “I feel good enough for something more than cuddling. You up for it?”

He pressed his lips together. “I don’t want to hurt you.”

“I’m okay. But you have to do all the work today.”

He carefully placed her on her back and slid over her, trying to avoid crushing her leg.
“I’ll do my best.”

xxxxxxxxxxxx
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Dangerous Trails - Chapter 13 (PG-13)

Post by r1015bill »

Nice interlude.

Interesting point that Steve never interviewed Beth without Mick there. Since you said it, Francis, I can only assume that it will be significant in coming chapters... :bulb:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Well...of course Mick ALWAYS does his best....

Beth's sure right about Steve....

Thanks, francis for posting!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Beth is a trained observer, and I have a feeling she's absolutely right about Steve. It would be a lot better for him to find out about vampires... that knowledge would answer so many questions for him. And he really can't afford to lose any more father figures, poor guy. :Mickangel:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Francis

This is great!

Beth has good instincts. She took the opportunity to read the room in the hospital and was correct about Steve.

Looking forward to the next chapter!

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

ITA. I think Beth is spot on. And of course Steve will be able to keep a secret! Thanks for the update! :cheering:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Beth is definitely observant and I loved the comment about all the testosterone :snicker:

Will Mamo really tell Steve the entire truth or just enough to satisfy his curiosity? I'm worried that Steve may not be as 'accepting' as Beth thinks he'll be, but she is right in that Steve won't stop asking questions or digging if he feels he's not getting the full story.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

DSR made a really good point about Steve not accepting the explanation given if he thinks he isn't getting the full story. Actually, I think this is likely his 'default' position (i.e., he assumes that he isn't getting the whole story unless he is convinced otherwise). I know. I don't have any great insight into 5-0 but it just stands to reason that a good investigator would tend to function that way.

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
MoonlitRose
Fledgling

Post by MoonlitRose »

Awwwwh, :hearts: ... a little of MickBeth being an item! :hug: :hearts:

Yeah, Beth's instincts and observations about Steve are probably "right on"! She seems to be able to "read Steve" in a way that is similar to how she can "read Mick". :giggle:

:reading: :reading: :reading:
-MoonlitRose
To view additional Graphic Art by MoonlitRose.
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

Beth is very skilled at reading people. Let's hope that she has correctly predicted how Steve will react when he finds out the truth. :fingerscrossed:

I'm glad that Mick and Beth were able to spend some quality time together. :hearts: They need it after all they've been through in the past few days.

Thank you, Francis! :flowers:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!

Return to “Dangerous Trails”