Dangerous Trails - chapter 2 - PG13

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Dangerous Trails - chapter 2 - PG13

Post by francis »

Chapter 2

Disclaimer: see Chapter 1

Mick tried to sit still in the waiting room but he just couldn’t. They hadn’t told him anything except that Beth was in surgery and was in good hands. She had almost coded once in the helicopter but they had pumped fluids into her since then and her BP had improved. As soon as they entered the hospital he was given a stack of forms to fill out, but he couldn’t concentrate on them. He paced the floor of the smallish room with the garish colors and tried to keep himself from freaking out.

An orderly came in and Mick whipped around. “Mr. Jenkins, please fill in the forms. We need them to admit your wife to the hospital. If you need help I’ll gladly assist you however I can.”

Mick appreciated the help and the young man sat down with him and calmly asked him questions. Mick just gave him his own and Beth’s ID so he didn’t have to remember their fake birthdates and social security numbers. The room was spinning and lost color. Mick wondered if he should ask Josef for help or if the situation was enough under control to leave his friend out of it. Relocation was hard enough as it was, and now that the Legion was already on his trails....

“Mr. Jenkins, are you okay? You look very pale. Were you hurt, too?”
The voice of the orderly pulled Mick out of his thoughts. Focusing on the man’s face Mick realized that he was ravenously hungry and that the heartbeat of the youngster had a certain appeal that it shouldn’t have, not now.

“I’m okay, thank you. I think I just need a little fresh air.”

“If you want to clean up a bit, there’s a bathroom around the corner to the left”, the helpful man provided with a pronounced look at Mick’s disheveled state.

Mick looked down onto himself. His shirt was caked with Beth’s blood, his pants were torn and if he hadn’t worn his jacket the man would have clearly seen the bleeding wounds on his back through the shredded shirt. This was dangerous. Mick immediately thanked the guy and entered the bathroom.
He washed his face and arms as good as possible, closed his dirty jacket over his heart and then almost ran downstairs to get some air.

It was just after sundown and the back entrance lay in shadows. Mick pulled himself together and vamp-ran in and out a lonely ambulance to scrounge up some blood. He only found O negative but he couldn’t be picky now. He said a quiet thanks to the donor and jumped behind some shrubbery to eat in private. Afterwards he felt so much better.

He felt good enough to go back to the waiting room and face whatever they would throw on him. Only it wasn’t a nosy orderly or news on Beth, it was Steve McGarrett who found him there.

xxxxxxxxxx
aolver
Rogue vampire

Re: Dangerous Trails - chapter 2 - PG13

Post by aolver »

:hyper2: I like this. Thank you.
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

and Steve is ready to ask some hard questions....no doubt!

Jenkins??? The Legion on the St John trail??? This is more ominous that just a poorly piloted helicopter! DO tell!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Francis

This is great!!!!

If the two guys in the helicopter that Steve verified as being dead were human, McGarrett and company have probably tried to discover identities, and in light of the fact that Mick and Beth have relocated, I'd guess that those identities wouldn't be tracable back to Josef or Kostan Industries. If they were vamps, the bodies have probably disappeared by now. Wonder if there is a Hawaiian version of Guillermo on duty in the morgue?. We'll soon find out but I'm afraid Mick is about to meet not only a familiar face, but a kindred soul with a knack for investigating, too.

The trick may be knowing when to dance and when (or whether) to tell this human the truth. Adding the Legion to the mix could add a level of complexity and danger to Steve as being clueless about the situation could make much more hazardous for him. He resembles Mick to such a degree that if the Legion successfully followed Mick and Beth to Hawaii (and in light of the helicopter incident this is quite possible), they could assume the Steve is Mick. I hope they wait long enough to see them together (but it would probably be best if they didn't see either of them at all!)

Yikes! Now Mick will have to protect Steve, while continuing the human charade and waiting for Beth to recover sufficiently to be moved. I hope Josef is keeping an eye on things somehow and will be able to offer some form of assistance!

Oooh!!! This is getting good!

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Last edited by jen on Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Man, when your muse wakes up, she wakes up in a mood for making us nervous! :chair: You're adding more questions and not answering any of the old ones!!! :gasp: I'm really worried about Mick and Beth... not to mention, wondering what they were doing in that helicopter, who those other guys are, why Mick's wounds aren't healing, and what that chest wound was all about!!!! And now they're named Jenkins, the Legion is after them, and Steve's about to start asking all sorts of nosey questions!!! :eek2:

At least Mick found something to drink. Even if it wasn't A positive. :winky:
AussieJo
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by AussieJo »

More please dear francis...... I'm addicted already! :nails:
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

I imagine Steve will have a few questions for Mick. :nails:

I really hope Mick continues to feel better. Neither he nor Beth can afford to have him so out-of-it. :no:

Thank you, Francis! :rose:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you, aolver.

Lucy, I am sure there will be some hard questions. There’s more than just a crash.

jen, you give me something to think about. What if the Legion goes after Steve now? I didn’t even think of that.

allegrita, sorry for making you nervous. Mick’s wounds will heal now that he got some breakfast.

AussieJo, I’m so happy that you’re addicted. Don’t bite all of your nails, there are more chapters.

Marigold, thank you! Mick is better now that he’s not that hungry anymore.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Uh-oh, Mick's too preoccupied worrying about Beth. Luckily, the orderly didn't notice too much, but McGarrett is another matter.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

allegrita wrote: You're adding more questions and not answering any of the old ones!!!
:yes: ITA. But I see more chapters are already posted, so I don't have to wait to see if there are answers! :snicker:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Oh boy! There are definitely going to be some tough questions ahead. Legion are a bunch of troublemakers I'm worried for Mick :nails:
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Oh dear, what an ominous start to Mick's relocation. Good thing that orderly is there to lend a calming effect and help Mick get himself pulled together. Poor thing, he's in such shock right now. What a terrible time to have to meet with the inquisition that is Steve McGarrett. What an enjoyable tale you've got going here, Francis. :twothumbs:
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
MoonlitRose
Fledgling

Post by MoonlitRose »

And the plot "thickens"!

Awesome chapter, Francis!! :clapping:
:twothumbs:
-MoonlitRose
To view additional Graphic Art by MoonlitRose.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you, dsr. The orderly is no detective, for sure.

MLC, thanks.

cassysj, the Legion is scary.

nm, Mick is totally out of it. He thought they were safe now.

Thank you, moonlitrose!

Return to “Dangerous Trails”