Appreciating Alex with Pics - Part 38

Locked Alex threads are here.
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Re: Appreciating Alex with Pics - Part 38

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

It's okay, PGal. :hug: I've been hesitant to post, bc I don't think the pictures are very flattering, either. However, I know we are welcome to respectfully comment. God knows there are some of us who love certain photos of him that others don't. (MLC is nodding her head about the goatee pix!). I tend to like a bit scruffier, longer haired Alex, others prefer the clean shaven look. We all have our favorites. And even on his worst day, he is still a stunning man. :happysigh:

I think this is a combo of short hair, unflattering beard making his face look thinner, poor lighting and lack of sleep.
Alex has a tendency of showing his fatigue easily---I remember photos from the ML days where you could easily see the dark circles under his eyes. Add in the sun exposure, time zone differences and rough year, and you've got a guy showing his age. I'm taking heart in the fact that he looked so well rested shortly after his break, that this is a temporary thing.

Also, and forgive me if this sounds twisted, but to know that he is in fact a real man, human, who gets tired and has a few wrinkles and gray hair? Well, that kinda does a little somethin' somethin' for me!
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

Fleur de Lisa wrote: Also, and forgive me if this sounds twisted, but to know that he is in fact a real man, human, who gets tired and has a few wrinkles and gray hair? Well, that kinda does a little somethin' somethin' for me!

Yes. THIS. It's nice to know he's still a normal guy that gets tired, goes gray and gets wrinkles. :happysigh: And you're right - fatigue shows quickly on Alex, and I really do hope he's doing nothing but sleeping and eating...and having his pic taken with fans all over Hawaii. :teeth:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

First, Maggatha, thank you for the pool pics! :notworthy: :notworthy: :flowers: :hug:

As for the HFPA pics, yes I think jet lag is probably some of it. And maybe after the laid backness of Hawaii he's not as enamored with LA's hustle and bustle anymore. And I wonder how much he really enjoys the press tour kind of thing? He may just be wishing he was someplace else.
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

One thing is very clear to me by those pictures... Alex is going to be a very good looking older guy. When he first started going gray he joked about riding the Clooney train... and I think that is a great comparison. Alex has beautiful bone structure and beautiful features. Of course, time will change his looks, but it won't make him less handsome. He'll just be handsome in a different way. :hearts:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

allegrita wrote:One thing is very clear to me by those pictures... Alex is going to be a very good looking older guy. When he first started going gray he joked about riding the Clooney train... and I think that is a great comparison. Alex has beautiful bone structure and beautiful features. Of course, time will change his looks, but it won't make him less handsome. He'll just be handsome in a different way. :hearts:
I think they call that "distinguished." :happysigh:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

MLC, I tend to agree - I think Alex really hates the Hollywood machine. That's why he loves Hawaii so much - it seems to mesh with his personality so much better.

And I like 'distinguished'...and it's like..Alex is aging into his face.

It's just the beard. I really really dislike the beard.

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Distinguished, Oscar-winning actor and director, Alex O'Loughlin... yeah, I can hear that... :cloud9:

For now, we'll go with ultra-talented. 'Cause heaven knows, he's that in spades! :hearts:

Alex at the Australians in Film event in 2010... I took this before I found out that we weren't supposed to take pictures, oooops :blushing:

BlueEyedMonster
Fledgling

Post by BlueEyedMonster »

I feel the same way about some of the HFPA pictures.

Think he looks healthy and still sexy but yes he does look tired. His eyes always show how he feels (IMHO) and some of the spark isn't there ...... I'm sure he was jet lagged and maybe nervous since this was his first "outing" since he left rehab (someone mentioned either here or another site that he just completed the out patient part of his treatment.) and we all know how private he is with his personal life.

One thing we have learned from being long time fans is that Alex is resilient and pretty down to earth and will bounce back from a somewhat bad year.

Less stunts makes me sad know that TPTB don't want him hurt again (and he can't afford to need medication again) but he so loves doing all the punching & kicking.

Done rambling sorry
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

BEM... :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

allegrita wrote:Distinguished, Oscar-winning actor and director, Alex O'Loughlin... :cloud9:
Ahhh , an open-window to the future... :hearts:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I guess I think that Alex is just beautiful in that set of pictures. He looks happy, attentive and thoughtful as he's in the middle of answering questions.

However, that background wall is ugly. It does nothing to bring out his coloring or his eyes like when he wears blue or that green on H50. I'd also guess that the lighting is harsh as it does show every line he has but who am I to judge with 15 years worth of more lines and wrinkles?

I agree that he's probably had it with the publicity train but understands that he has to do it as part of his job. Of course, who among us can say that we're sparkling when we're doing something we consider a chore?

And Alle - you're right. He's going to look distinguished as he gets older.

ETA: Mizzoh found another photo outside.

Last edited by r1015bill on Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

RHONDA!! Get back here - I can't see the pic! :teeth:

r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Let me figure it out....

ETA: I think I fixed the photo. Hope you can see it.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

This must be the photo from when the
Associated Cargo Pant Manufacturers
Voted Alex to the HALL OF FAME.
:yahoo:
:teeth: (You know how modest Alex is....he just got the news) :teeth:

PNWgal wrote:kath... :laugh:

Ok...WHYYYYYYY have I never seen this pic before?? :thud:

(courtesy AOLR)
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

Oh good LORD, Rhonda...that's really gorgeous! :thud:

I thought maybe it was this one, also courtesy of Mizzoh:

Return to “The Alex Archives”