Pax in Virtute -- (PG-13) Challenge #136

A place for Luxe deLuxe's G to PG-13 stories
jen
Cleaner

Re: In Pace Virtus -- (PG-13) Challenge #136

Post by jen »

Luxe

Normally, I try and let at least a few months go by between readings of a really good fic but when Frances popped this back up on Active Topics, I couldn't resist.

In those short sixteen episodes, we were given the ground rules for deciding who wore the white hats and who wore the black hats and it wasn't in keeping of the old style vampire movies at all. Who knew we would come to love a blood sucking creature of the night so and his hedge fund trader best friend.

This takes those rules and turns them very neatly on their heads. Coraline, Lance, their Sire are now the good guys. Mick is still the wronged man--he was that before, but what a wonderful reimagining of the rules this is. Love to see this continued and I bet I'm not the only one.

Mick will take to this. He has enough of the 'knight in shining armour' lurking behind those hazel eyes but I really don't know about Josef. Charming, boyish Josef seems impossibly comfortable moving between varying shades shades of grey.

Truly outstanding!

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Re: Pax in Virtute -- (PG-13) Challenge #136

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

thanks so much, francis and jen, your words means a lot. :smooch: Both of you have picked up on the issue of how the events in this story cast what we know in a different light.
francis wrote:Wow, talk about turning a story on its axis while staying totally true to everything it holds.
jen wrote: ...we were given the ground rules for deciding who wore the white hats and who wore the black hats... This takes those rules and turns them very neatly on their heads.
I just loved those insights so much I had to include them. That really hadn't occurred to me as I was writing, but I suppose yes it does.

francis, until I saw the photos of the ring, I had no idea there was a stone inside. As soon as i saw that, as a writer I knew immediately what I would do with it. Thanks for your input with the latin. :smooch: I actually like the correct translation of what I wanted to say much better than my poor googled attempts at a dead language. Changing when Mick gets the ring (to keep what I had originally written in canon) feels a little clunky to me, but I am really grateful I got that knowledge before and not after I'd posted. :flowers:

Jen, thanks for your re-read. I am so with you on this...
jen wrote:He has enough of the 'knight in shining armour' lurking behind those hazel eyes
that is so Mick. And, well, I don't think we'd love Josef as much as we do if he wasn't those shades of grey you mention.

kind regards to you both,

Luxe xx
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

:hug: I never thought I would be praised in comments to a story I haven't even written. :snicker:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

This is such a deep rich story.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I'm glad cassy bumped this one. I re-read it, and just love the way you worked the Templar history into canon. (I'm a little jealous I didn't think of it, myself, Luxe!)

This is a very rich story, both in its tie-ins to ML canon, and the historical background, and it's a great addition to the body of fic, both for this challenge, and generally.

Thanks!
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Wow.... this one feels like a blast from the past. Thanks for re-reading, cassy. Much appreciated.

Thanks, Lucky. Yeah, that Templar stuff just leapt straight out at me the moment I saw the closeup photos that Alle and darkstar had posted of Mick's ring. The rest just fell into place from there.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks

Return to “Luxe deLuxe's Office”