Maybe We Can be Normal-pt. 1/Out of the Blue Prequel PG-13

A place for MickBethKiss' G to PG-13 stories
MickBethKiss
Mortal

Maybe We Can be Normal-pt. 1/Out of the Blue Prequel PG-13

Post by MickBethKiss »

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Title: Maybe We Can be Normal
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: The POV kinda switches around… Just because at first I really couldn’t put it in either Mick or Beth’s POV, so it starts off with Josef. This fanfic is also sort of a prequel to Josef’s upcoming story. It’s PG-13 for some bad words and drinking. Now, about that, having never drank any alcohol myself, nor a hangover, I don’t really know how to describe all this. Bear with me, alright?
And note to those who watch Supernatural: Yes, that’s a failed Supernatural reference you see. Mr. Hot Josef on the CW. Their quality sucks and Josef/Kronos mostly just stood creepily and awkwardly in the edges of 1944 pictures. Though, I loved that episode, absolutely hilarious with Elliot Ness. But I couldn’t quite be on Dean’s side, since Jonos was all innocent and Josef-looking. What’s funnier is that Josef probably did stalk random women down dark alleyways. :teeth:

Chapter 1
“Mick. St. John. Do you know how much I want to say, ‘marry me’? But somehow I just don’t know the right words.” Beth said with a laugh She was drunk, of course, but so was Mick, and so he said,
“I… Know… Beth… Marry, me?” He had a bit more to drink than she had.
“Yes!” and Beth fell laughing onto the floor.
The sad thing was that Josef was walking up the hall to Mick’s apartment. He opened the door and without even noticing Beth on the floor, not paying attention, said,
“Mick, I need a drink. I don’t know why I came here without Simone, but here I am. Oh, hello, Beth.” He said with the ‘awkward’ smile he used.
“Josef… Here you are… At our… Engagement party!” he laughed, and fell onto the floor, next to Beth.
“Well, this is awkward. I love awkward.” A quick, small smile. “I think you’ve had a little too much to drink, Mr. St. John… I would love to join you, but I just woke up…” He looked outside, the dark sky. It was two o’clock in the morning. Josef bent down and picked up Beth, who he removed from the kitchen floor and laid down on the couch. Then he heaved Mick onto the chair across the table. He looked at the two of them and said, “Now, what’s wrong with this picture?” He heaved Mick back up and carried him up stairs to his freezer, which he then put him in. “Now, I don’t want to know what in the world you were talking about earlier, but I doubt that you have enough soberness to get up and go back to it.” Josef slammed the freezer door in his laughing and slightly confused face, then went back downstairs, where Beth was stumbling around the apartment, giggling. “Oh, god.” Josef muttered, and dragged Beth back to the couch. After fifteen minutes of watching her, Josef made sure she was asleep, then grabbed a glass and shuffled through Mick’s cabinets for a while, and finally found the non-fat soy vegan blood which, Josef decided, needed to a little extra… Something. He picked up the nearly empty bottle off the counter where Beth and Mick had been sitting (sitting next to five other empty ones), not caring enough to see what it was. He emptied the bottle into his glass of non-fat soy vegan blood. “Bottoms up,” he mumbled, and downed the glass. “Ahh…” He sat on Mick’s stool and kicked up his legs on the counter. Good thing Mick was (hopefully) asleep in his freezer. Josef chuckled, and hung out.
It actually wasn’t until Beth woke up at nine-thirty am the next morning that Josef realized how long he stayed. “Oh, crap…” He muttered, blinking blearily at his surroundings. He grimaced at the idea of having to take a nap today; he needed to finish up some work with his ‘bonehead’ designers. Three hires later, and nobody can get ANYTHING right. Beth was just opening her eyes, not seeming to know where she was.
“Uhhnn…” she groaned, sitting up and rubbing her head. “What the hell?” Beth scrunched up her eyes in protest.
“That, my friend, is a nasty hangover.” Josef told her, sliding off the stool to sit across from her in a chair.
“Well that’s just great.” She muttered.
“Do you remember anything?”
“Not really.” Beth grinned slightly. “Sort of. Only a little bit.” Josef’s extra hearing let him detect Mick upstairs moaning along with Beth, and sitting up so fast that he whacked his forehead on the lid of his freezer. Beth rubbed her head intently, her eyes closed and her other arm wrapped around her stomach. Today was NOT going to be fun. At least, for her. Mick could recover a lot faster, and would be fine in a couple of hours. Beth on the other hand wouldn’t feel right until tomorrow if she had a good night’s sleep, lots of water, a few naps and luck on her side, with the amount she’d drank. A few minutes later Mick stumbled halfway down the stairs with his shirt on backwards and his overcoat tied around his chest, then tripped and fell the rest of the way.
“Oh, man!” Mick yelped, his overcoat falling off.
“Well, hello and good morning!” Josef said brightly. Mick rolled from his face onto his side and glared at Josef.
“Great, Josef. Were you here all night?”
“Yeah.”
“Looking after us, huh?” Mick yawned and tried to get on his feet. “What, are you going soft?” Josef pondered that for a moment, and decided to shrug the insult off.
“No. For your information, I was preventing you from killing yourselves by drinking half the liquor store.” Josef gestured to the counter where the empty bottles stood. “What were you trying to do, drown your sorrows? I’m sorry, but I just don’t see what sorrows you were trying to drown. Aren’t you an overly happy sunshine-and-butterflies couple?” Josef asked with stern eyebrow raise. Completely for the benefit of the conversation, of course.
“Holy crap. We drank that much?” Beth asked, staring at the counter, then glancing at Mick.
“How do you think you got that?” Josef nodded to Beth’s head. She glared while Mick said,
“For your information, we were just having a drink… And got a little carried away.” Mick looked doubtfully at the bottles.
“Right. Whatever.” Beth raised her head and started to stand up.
“Well, I’d better be getting home.” Josef blanched at her.
“Are you kidding me? You can’t drive like… Never mind. If you want to go kill yourself, I guess I shouldn’t stop you.” Josef rolled his eyes.
“Wow, Josef, you actually looked genuinely worried. I think you are going soft.” Mick snickered.
“Do you really want to find out how a drunken vampire lacking motivation ends up after they went up against a sober vampire with a grudge?” Josef asked with a threatening look. Mick knew better than to push him.
“Anyway, I need to get back. I’ve got some more office crap to get to, and I’m about to fire my seventh set of designers.” Josef glared and spun around. Without a glance back, he yelled, “And stay put!” He walked out the door, closing it behind him. He could hear Mick’s scrambles as he tried to get on his feet, falling flat on his face again. Josef snickered, and he heard Mick’s insult back.

When Josef got to his office, he was disgusted to find there was lumps of black mush everywhere.
“You have got to be kidding me.” Josef muttered. He curled his lip and sniffed some of it. “Ugh. What is the black stuff? It’s everywhere. They’re everywhere.” A voice behind Josef made him jump.
“It’s tar. And more importantly, you are Josef Kostan.” Josef spun around to see a lady, about twenty, with blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail. It took him a second to realize it wasn’t Beth here to haunt him.
“Oh god.” He murmured quietly. “What do you want?” he continued, louder.
“To see you.” Her serious face broke into a grin with an eyebrow raise.
“That’s great. You need an appointment. And I’m guessing you aren’t Tom Cruise.” Josef tried his best to play it off. She rolled her eyes.
“Sure. No, actually I don’t need an appointment. Your poor little secretary is way too easy to control.” Her eyes abruptly changed to milky white, her head tilted a bit and she smiled a wide, sharp-teethed smile accompanied with a menacing growl. Then her eyes were normal again and her fangs concealed. Josef gasped angrily and flashed to the door, poking his head out. His secretary, Joline, was missing. He turned around to face the girl, smiling lightly, and growled,
“What did you do to her?” Josef’s lip curled, and could barely keep his fangs under control.
“Oh, just tapped a vein and hid her in the closet. Nothing to drastic. She’ll live. I know you use her as a freshie every once and a while.” Josef snarled in fury.
“Who are you?”
“I’m the girl standing in the background as your mother died giving birth to you. I’m the one watching as Christopher Columbus loaded his ships. I’m the bystander as Egypt conquered Nubia. Well, I was a lot younger then.” She paused and made a face that clearly read: Inconsequential. Forget I said that. “My point is, I’m older than you and have been in your life for a long time.” Josef blanched, trying to find the part of his brain that was supposed to process all of this.
Looks like this lady just killed it.
Last edited by MickBethKiss on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marigold
Courtesan

Re: Maybe We Can be Normal-pt. 1/Out of the Blue Prequel PG-

Post by Marigold »

MickBethKiss wrote:Josef slammed the freezer door in his laughing and slightly confused face...
:coffee:

Perhaps Mick and Beth's drunken ramblings will one day be said while sober... :fingerscrossed:

The last part of the story certainly got my attention! I'm looking forward to reading more! :winky:

Nicely done, MBK! :flowers:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

MickBethKiss

Intriguing start.

Mick and Beth are not going to be much help to Josef right now, and in an odd way that may just save them. A vampire as old as the one Josef has encountered could probably handle all three of them easily (ala 'with age comes power').

Of course, in this case with age also comes a trace of melodramatics, too. That could be something they can use. If only Mick can sober up!

So it takes a few hours to get over a hangover and he can recover from broken bones and gunshots almost instantly? Interesting. Wonder what it is about alcohol...

Looking forward to more!

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :flowers: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
MickBethKiss
Mortal

Post by MickBethKiss »

Marigold, :teeth: Yes, I've had that thought... :bulb: Thank you!

jen, Thanks! No, I don't think so, but yes, it just might save them.
Er.... :blushing: Sort of had to make it go along with the story. I doubt it should take that long... :shrug:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

They must have been drinking a lot if they are this out of it the next morning. I guess Mick drank more than Beth. A pint of blood and he will be good as new, whereas Beth will suffer a bit longer.
Who is this mysterious vampire lady? Great intriguing start. :hearts:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Such an interesting beginning!! :hearts:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .

Return to “MickBethKiss' Office”