No Boundaries - part five (PG13)

Shadow
Courtesan

Re: No Boundaries - part five (PG13)

Post by Shadow »

wpgrace wrote: :mob: Let's go help, seamus! To arms for Mick!
:giggle: Nothing better than truly devoted readers . . .
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Shadow wrote: “Not this time, Beth,” he whispered. “Won’t be able to stop . . .”

“You won’t have to,” she said, very clearly. “Mick, there’s another vampire here. She’ll stop you. Okay? You can do this. It’s safe. You can let yourself go.”

Another vampire? Someone who could stop him? Slowly Mick turned his head and looked at Beth again. Beautiful Beth, his Beth, but this time there was someone beside her, a lovely girl with long dark hair, and at the sight of her Mick’s heart almost melted with relief. Elaine was here beside him . . . she was alive. He was looking up at two angels, now . . . “Beth’s right, Mick,” Elaine said softly. “You can drink. I’ll stop you when it’s time. I promise you, I won’t let you hurt Beth. I promise you it’ll be safe.”

Safe. Mick let Beth take him back into her arms. Oh, yes, he was safe there, and she would be safe too. It was all right now. Beth drew his head into her lap and held her bloody wrist out to him, and he closed his eyes and fell into the rapture, taking in her blood, as much as he wanted, as much as he needed. They were connected, they would always be connected, whether he could feel it or not. And now he could feel her, just a little at first but more strongly every second – he could feel, emerging from terror and despair, her tremulous happiness and her newly dawning hope.
-
I swear to you, this is the most beautiful,most powerful and heartbreaking Mick scene in the entire series. Him so close to death, opening his eyes to those two women who are his angels. :heart:

I loved the war flash back and even more I adore Beth in this chapter, but these will have to wait, because that last scene will be haunting my thoughts for a while.
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

maggatha3 wrote:I swear to you, this is the most beautiful,most powerful and heartbreaking Mick scene in the entire series. Him so close to death, opening his eyes to those two women who are his angels.
:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Maggatha, that is just so lovely! It is wonderful you liked the war flashback too, and Beth in this chapter. Thanks so very very much, little fledgling. :hug:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Good lord, Shadow! I'm with grace... I need smileys to say what I'm too shocked and overwhelmed to say with words! I found myself reading the last part through tears, so completely immersed in Mick's experience that I almost felt the burning. Your writing is as powerful as your videos--you sweep us up in your story and carry us along in its current, and when it's over we are gasping and a little disoriented, shocked to find ourselves back in this world.

OK, that sounds totally irrational... :snicker: But it's the only way I can describe the way I get utterly caught-up in your stories (both written and video), especially the really powerful chapters like this one. And may I say, if I'd had to wait a week or more to go on after this, I think I would have simply burst from frustration and worry. But... at least you gave us a glimmer of hope. Mick's got his guardian angels to help him. And he is going to be all right. (Please.) :pray:

Mick's hallucination/memory of Ray was so powerful, and so perfect for the situation he was in... and the water/blood thing was sheer genius. My heart was breaking for Beth as she tried to get him to drink, and then we were inside Mick's dream, seeing the situation from the other side, and it was just agonizing to know what was going on... I felt so helpless. But then he swallowed, he finally swallowed. :phew: And Elaine is such a hero! :notworthy: I love her even more than I did before. And Beth... :cloud9: well, you know how I feel about that.

And Ben Talbot had better figure things out fast, because he is in a heap of trouble. I have a sinking feeling that there's a reason why Olivia is so strong. :chair:

I'm dying to know what happened to Logan, too! If Josef's smell-sense was right, and Logan had been at Elaine's house, and had seen Elaine in chains... where is he now?!?!??? :hankie:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Oh, Alle . . . it is wonderful to hear that you could get so very caught up in the story, and be so immersed in Mick's experience . . .
The ending with Mick's war memories was my favorite bit to write, and it's so great to know that it could have that effect!

(And I'm really glad you didn't have to wait for the next part. In fact, I think it ended up being two weeks that time, which wasn't kind . . . :sadface: )

Thank you!! :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

What a fantastic chapter! :thud:

Beth to the rescue! :yahoo: Good thing she didn't wait in the car! :laugh:

I wonder what Coraline did during that hour-and-a-half she was unaccounted for. :chin:

I love how Mick's war dream morphed into Beth trying to feed him her blood. :notworthy:

I'm glad that Elaine and Beth are okay, and that Mick is on his way to recovery. Now all they have to do is find a way out of the holding facility. :nails:

I really like how the fledgling is looking out for her sire at the end of the story. She'll keep him, and his other angel, safe. :wings:

Thank you, Shadow! :rose: :flowers:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

I'm so glad you liked this one, Marigold! I never thought Beth got enough credit for being Mick's guardian angel during the show -- it only seemed right to give her another chance to come to his rescue. And I thought she'd really be conscious, by now, that it would definitely not be a good idea for her to actually stay in the car!

It's wonderful to know that you liked Mick's war dream, and the way the fledgling is now looking after her sire. And, as to what Coraline was doing . . . :whistle: it will indeed come up later!

Thanks so very much, Marigold! :rose:

Return to “No Boundaries”