Fevered - PG-13 (Champagne Challenge #135)

A place for PNWgal's G to PG-13 stories
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Fevered - PG-13 (Champagne Challenge #135)

Post by PNWgal »

A/N: After I wrote this, I ran it by Alle, who pointed out that MickLifeCrisis had written a challenge fic that was similar. I honestly didn't read hers before writing mine - I ran this by her and she gave me the thumbs-up to post it. Thanks for reading and giving me the ok. :smooch:

Usual disclaimers apply.

FEVERED

“Hello, Mick. Mick, are you there? Say something.”

“Josef, I...I...god, I...”

“Mick. Stop. Deep breath. Start over.”

“I bit her, Josef. I fed from her.”

“I’m sorry...can you repeat that? I could have sworn you just told me you fed fresh.”

“You heard right. God, she should have walked away, she should have let me die--”

“Mick, who on earth are you talking about?”

“Beth.”

“Beth? As in ‘Beth Turner, the reporter who knows about vampires’ Beth?”

“Yeah. Stop sighing, Josef. It’s not like she left me a choice. I was ready to die out there in that desert, but she wouldn’t let me.”

“Well, while I can’t condone your choice of freshie, I’m happy you’re still among the living, so to speak.”

“She’s not a damn freshie, Josef. It’s not gonna happen again.”

“Such a pity. So tell me...does she taste as good as she smells? Because--”

“Josef!!”

“Alright, alright...you’re so touchy when it comes to that girl. So what are you going to do?”

“I have to let her go, Josef. My world’s too dangerous for her. I was dying out there - I could have drained her dry without thinking twice. Being around me is going to get her killed - I can’t live with that. I can’t--”

“So why’d you stop?”

“What?”

“You heard me. Why did you stop? ”

“She told me to.”

“And there you have it, Mick.”

“You’re not helping here, Josef.”

“Oh...I think I am. Goodnight, Mick.”

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Fevered - PG-13 (Champagne Challenge #135)

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

You know what they say... Great minds think alike! :hug:

You have Josef down pat in this. He knows exactly how to handle Mick. Besides, we all know Mick can't stay away from Beth. :laugh:

Nice job! :twothumbs:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

there is such a contrast here between their reactions -- and you got it spot on, BTW -- Mick all angsty worry, Josef all 'serious, what's serious?'

So, Josef's point at the end was that Mick has self control and that therefore he wouldn't be endangering her? For a second I wondered whether it meant that Josef thought he was a pushover.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I am SO glad you posted this! As I told you earlier, the theme is similar, but you've given it your own inimitable Pgal stamp. I love your rattled Mick. Love his despair, his determination to keep Beth safe from him. And I love your Josef. He gets to the heart of the matter. Mick stopped because Beth told him to. When it comes down to it, that is all he, or anyone else, needs to know.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

PNWgal

This is fabulous!

You capture Josef and Mick so perfectly.

Thank you!

Jenna
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Behind the wisecracks, your Josef has a lot of simple wisdom . . .

This is a perfect illustration of just how good he is for Mick. This is just exactly the way these characters would be at this moment . . . lovely. :flowers:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

You know, Mick and Josef were my favorite couple... and this is why. :cloud9:

Josef knows how to employ the perfect balance of wisdom, love, and snark to keep our angsty Mick (well, his Mick, really) among the living, so to speak. :winky:

And you know how to employ the perfect verbage to keep this beloved bromance among the living. :yahoo: :clapping: :rose:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Fabulous, honey. Mick-understandably angst ridden and worried, Josef--blasé yet wise.

This is a turning point. Mick may bemoan the fact he bit his lovely Beth, but as Josef points out? He stopped. She said stop and he did. He was in awful shape and shouldn't have been able to. But she requests it? He gives it to her. Against his very nature, he stops feeding from her.

So, the vampire who worried about his self-control is still being controlled (in a sense) by Beth and his love for her. Turning point. Things change from here, for both of them.

Thanks for getting this old mind working this morning and making me remember one of my favorite episode of ML :hearts:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

^What she said. Couldn't say it any better. :rose:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

This is one of those missing moments I wish we could have seen....and now you've let us see it through your words. :hug: Both of their reactions are spot on. I could see Josef shaking his head, a bemused expression on his face as Mick describes the 'horrible' thing he's done.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

:teeth: Well, of course you are helping Joz'f!! You and all of us know it, it took Mick a whole series season to realize it. :phew:
You know, it is amazing how Mick's entire attitude towards Beth and Josef's attitude towards...life are made obvious through so few words. :clapping:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

:ghug: Honey, this is wonderful. Like everyone else, I agree that you've captured them perfectly. Just adding my admiration for a great addition to the story, well told. :rose:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
SharonC
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SharonC »

Josef might push Mick with his snarkiness but he will get to the point eventually and the point is evident here. If you had wanted to drain her Mick you wouldn't have been able to stop. You did so maybe there is hope for you and Beth, now sleep on that thought me thinks

I can see this playing out beautifully sweetie :hug:
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

MLC...thank you, sweetie. :hug: Great minds DO think alike! :laugh:

Luxe, I think that's the point Josef was trying to make. Mick was dying and still, he had control enough not to hurt Beth or drain her. He doesn't give himself enough credit and Josef knows that. :blinksmile:

Alle...thanks for encouraging me to post this. :smooch: Mick is his own worst enemy sometimes, but I think Josef keeps him...grounded, for lack of a better word.

jen, thanks! :hearts:

Shadow, I'm really glad you liked this! :smooch: I don't think Mick realizes just how perfect Josef is for him.

Grace... :hug: I love all things Moonlight, but anytime Mick and Josef were together, those moments were golden. Thank you, sweetie!

Fleur, I think you've nailed it exactly. :hug: Mick may be a vampire, but...well, at the risk of sounding kinda trite, love really does conquer all. Turning point, indeed. I really think this is where Mick realizes he's not as big a monster as he thought, and Beth realizes that she feels more for this man than she wants to face.

francis... :smooch:

DSR, you got me to :laugh: with your comment. I TOTALLY can see Josef doing that!

maggatha...you are so right. Josef knew what Mick was going to do long before Mick himself did. :hearts:

terri, it's so nice to see you! :hug: Thanks for stopping by and for giving such great feedback.

Sharon, I am tickled your journey through fanfic has lead you to something of mine. :smooch: Thank you!

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Oh, I think he did indeed help...one step closer to acceptance..... pretty soon Mick will be closer to accepting himself " :clapping:

Return to “PNWgal's Office”