Bloody Mystery (PG) Challenge 135 1/7/12

A place for Darkstarrising's G to PG-13 stories
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Bloody Mystery (PG) Challenge 135 1/7/12

Post by darkstarrising »

Luxe de Luxe wrote:Great response to the challenge, dsr. There is definitely something underlying Ray's response to the news. He knows something, has seen Mick at his worst during the war. That's something Lila wouldn't understand. The irony, of course, is that Mick DID become a monster, but it wasn't in the way Ray feared.
Thanks, Luxe :hug: Like most men of Ray's generation, they didn't speak much of their wartime experiences once they got home. They wanted to forget what they'd seen and done and return to 'normal'. Ray's physical injuries were his constant reminder of the war and he had to wonder if Mick's bloody disappearance meant his friend had less visible injuries.
jmc wrote:What strikes me, too, is that Coraline didn't just take away Mick's mortal life. She took away his good name, his reputation. No one reading the same article in the paper would ever think the wife did it. He was a young, healthy man and penniless; he must have done it. I bet his bandmates thought that and they don't have the extra incentive that Ray does.

:reading: Thank you, dsr! How do you get so many ideas going in so few words?
Thanks, jmc :hearts: and you bring out a good point. When that bloodied bed was found, no one would have thought a pretty young woman could have overpowered someone like Mick. Tried in the court of public opinion, Mick had to have done it, and that must have crushed his family :Mickangel:
SharonC wrote:Oh Ray and Lila if you only knew the word monster meant so much to Mick in this context.

What a fantastic POV to read, how did the friends of Mick deal with his disappearance, especially if they were closely connected.

It must have been tough for this couple to get through everything but they did as we know and Mick was a good friend to both of them so of course they would be upset over this.

Thank you DSR :clapping:
Thanks SharonC :hearts: Mick's presence was one Ray and Lila would always feel, even if they had put his affair with Lila 'behind them'. Knowing him as they both did, Mick's disappearance under these circumstances must have shattered their image of him, although for different reasons.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

Ray's perception of what he read about Mick is actually chilling. To think that Ray thought his war experience is what turned him into a monster rather than what Coraline did to him is sad. At least Lilah tried to reason it out, knowing Mick as she did. But sadly, they will never know the truth.
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Moonlighter wrote:Ray's perception of what he read about Mick is actually chilling. To think that Ray thought his war experience is what turned him into a monster rather than what Coraline did to him is sad. At least Lilah tried to reason it out, knowing Mick as she did. But sadly, they will never know the truth.
Thanks, Moonlighter :hug: No, they will never know the truth. While Lilah could never picture Mick as capable of killing, Ray knows full well that Mick is capable, just as he is. And perhaps that is what frightens Ray the most.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

This is a fascinating story. The aftermath of of Coraline's decision.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

cassysj wrote:This is a fascinating story. The aftermath of of Coraline's decision.
Thanks, Carol :hug: Little did Ray know the truth of his words.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

Return to “Darkstarrising's Office”