Dealing with the Help - Challenge 135 PG

A place for jen's G to PG-13 stories
jen
Cleaner

Dealing with the Help - Challenge 135 PG

Post by jen »

Disclaimer: Don't own Moonlight. No copyright enfringement intended. Not getting paid for this.

“You! Wait a minute! Let me get rid of this damned sparkler! That’s better. You’re dressed like one of the catering staff so why are you leaving in the middle of the party?”

“Your caterer hired more than he needed. Now, he says to go home.”

“My caterer and I differ on that point. His goal is saving money while mine is ensuring there is enough staff so this party goes smoothly. He may not pay you to stay, but I will. I was not on time to catch any of the other workers he sent home, but I’m glad I could stop you. Follow me and I will show you where you can wait. I’ll talk to the caterer, mingle with guests and come back later. In the meantime, I‘ll have someone bring you something to eat so you won‘t be hungry.”

“Gracias, Senora.”

“Before I forget, is your car parked with the staff? I wouldn’t want you to be towed.”

“No, Senora. I walked.”

“Perfect.”

“There you are! The party is wrapping up and there are enough people to handle clean up, so you weren’t needed.”

“But…I will still get paid?”

“You don’t need to worry about that, but here’s the thing. I neglected to eat before the party and something unexpected has presented itself requiring me to be at my best.”

“I don’t understand…Dios mio! Que este??”

“Oh, dear, You’re frightened. Don’t be scared. It will only hurt for a minute. I promise. Shhh.”
Last edited by jen on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Dealing with the Help - Challenge 135 PG

Post by allegrita »

Ooh, this is creepy. Coraline was keeping a little somethin' somethin' around in case of need. Ironic that the poor guy worked for the caterer, huh?! If only Mick had found out that night what she'd done, we'd never have had a show... :chin:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I can see this happening. Coraline is so ruthless about humans, they are just a means to an end for her. She kept him around as a snack. Mick was lucky she had already eaten before she seduced him.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

allegrita wrote:Ooh, this is creepy. Coraline was keeping a little somethin' somethin' around in case of need. Ironic that the poor guy worked for the caterer, huh?! If only Mick had found out that night what she'd done, we'd never have had a show... :chin:
True.

I saw this as taking place just before she hooked up with one of the musicians after the party. The thing that came up unexpectedly that would require her to be at her best was...Mick. He, too, was one of the people hired for the party. Didn't work out so well for him, either.

Did for Beth, did for us...

Thanks. Hope you enjoyed.

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

francis wrote:I can see this happening. Coraline is so ruthless about humans, they are just a means to an end for her. She kept him around as a snack. Mick was lucky she had already eaten before she seduced him.
Agreed.

Some see Coraline in a kinder light, I know, but from what we saw on screen, I can totally see something like this happening. She has a very unpredictable effect on former employees...Cynthia, the individual here, and the guitar playing guy in the Hawaiian shirt.

Mick so didn't know what he was getting into. He thought he was the one doing the seducing, but it all that didn't happen he would never have been around to meet Beth as he was in the show.

Also, guess she didn't have a bite to eat before the wedding. Planning on a late dinner...

Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

OUCH! talk about a poor exit strategy in a job!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Coraline had some interesting ways of dealing with her employees.

First, there is Mick. The guitar playing guy in the Hawaiian shirt, He wasn't very happy for a while after the wedding. Got with the program for a while but eventually bailed on the marriage.

Then, there was this person.

Don't think I'd be applying to work for her...

Thanks so much for reading and commenting!

Jenna

Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Talk about home delivery! Gives a whole new meaning to the word 'help'. I think Coraline would have made sure she 'ate' before her date with Mick later on, so yeah, this fits.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Luxe

Agreed. Some see Coraline in kinder terms, but I do think she would want to be her best with the date with the guitarist, too.

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment!

Jenna

SharonC
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SharonC »

Honestly Coraline what would you have done if you had saw the rest leaving, lined them up for your starter, main and dessert?

This poor girl, she should have ran for her life sweetie

Scary Jen, loved it
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

SharonC

I really think that Coraline's objective here was to be at her best for her appointment with the cute guy in the Hawaiian shirt from the band. Humans to her equal food unless other appetites were involved.

Had she not enjoyed the champaign and the dip in the pool with Mick, he may have been dessert.

It is interesting that you saw Coraline's predate snack here as female. Most saw the character as male, but when I was writing it I was picturing a young woman for this. Don't think gender mattered to Coraline. Just a heartbeat.

Thanks for reading and commenting!

Jenna

choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

:hug: Jen, this is fab! And yes, So many times Humans are mentioned as a 'means to an end' and not just by Coraline, as I recall. :chin: Just one of those occasions, but SO well put babes. Thank you! :hearts:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

choccyterri wrote::hug: Jen, this is fab! And yes, So many times Humans are mentioned as a 'means to an end' and not just by Coraline, as I recall. :chin: Just one of those occasions, but SO well put babes. Thank you! :hearts:
choccyterri

Thank you for reading and leaving the lovely comment!

Yes, well...Coraline wants something different from her employees. One thing from this poor employee who paid with their life for a late supper before her date with Mick. I really think that had she not enjoyed herself, he may have been dessert!

Jenna

Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

jen wrote:Also, guess she didn't have a bite to eat before the wedding. Planning on a late dinner...
Sad, but oh so true.

I read the poor detained waiter as a male, too. I know gender doesn't matter to vamps, but I see Coraline easily seducing males to come to her beck and call. As Mick did later on as well. Oh, she just gets on my nerves!!
:grumble:
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Moonlighter

Coraline seemed to have few rules when it came to what she wanted.

Thanks for reading and leaving the nice comment!

Jenna

Return to “jen's Office”