Alex career retrospective on "The Insider" 11/28/2011

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Alex career retrospective on "The Insider" 11/28/2011

Post by allegrita »

The Insider did a very nice career retrospective of Alex tonight, including really positive mentions of Moonlight, Oyster Farmer, and The Back-up Plan. Thanks so much to kath40 for the heads-up, and to alyssa from AOLP for posting the segment on youtube. :ghug:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UzvCPoQ ... r_embedded

ETA: This link was originally posted by kath40 on the Hawaii 5-0 main discussion thread, here: viewtopic.php?p=247186#p247186
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Re: Alex career retrospective on "The Insider" 11/28/2011

Post by librarian_7 »

That's nice...so many of these things refer to ML as a failure. It's good to hear it as just, an earlier project.

Lucky
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

As I said in the other thread, it may seem silly, but this piece just made me really happy. :blinksmile: :happysigh:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, me too. To quote myself in the other thread, I'm a very happy fangirl. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Not silly at all....WE were there when it all began....and we should GRIN with glee when it's mentioned! :yahoo:
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

That's a really nice feature on Alex. :hearts:
Spoiler:
"big fatty vampires" :rolling:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

I'm just so happy for him. We stuck by him and all his perseverance is finally paying off. I'm so glad he didn't give up and go home to do community theater.

I too loved that they pointed out that Moonlight was "before" all the Twilight craze. I hope this makes more people check it out so Moonlight can live on with DVD and SiFi/Chiller reruns.
Alex will be Our Forever Immortal Mick frozen in time at age 30. Well Alex will be forever frozen at 31. :biggrin:

I thought it was cute they refered to him in OF as looking like a teenager...he was 27-28yrs old :snicker: But yeah he even looked very young as Baby Mick in the Pilot only, I'm guessing, about 6 months to a year before we saw him for the first time on Moonlight.

Is CBS trying to age him? He's going gray now only 4 years after Moonlight ended.
It makes me think Alex was right when asked back in 2007 how long Moonlight would last should it keep going. He said "3-4 years sounds about right" because he's gonna age and Joel "will have to pay for my hair transplant and boob job." :rolling: Well maybe some hair dye but Alex took care of the boob job himself with his fitness regimen. :winky:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

So my fave part about this is... He got on during the first half of the show, rather than our traditional last 5 minutes! :yahoo:

Moving up, buddy! :clapping:

And yeah, I am also glad they noted he HAD done great stuff before 5-0. This may be news they can use for some new fans. :winky:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Back in TR interviews, didn't Alex say that Moonlight gave him grey hair? :rolling:

So, in a way CBS is trying to age him. But at the same time, he's dyeing his hair in H50 so he looks younger. CBS doesn't know what they want. :snicker:
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

:hyper2:
That was absolutely delightful!!

He's awesome and I love him. Period. The end.
jmc
Rogue vampire

Post by jmc »

Fleur de Lisa wrote::hyper2:
That was absolutely delightful!!

He's awesome and I love him. Period. The end.
:yes: :yes: :yes: :cloud9:

(Although I must admit when I saw the teaser Sunday for his "Back Story" as he was walking out bare-chested in the red shorts, I was hoping for a full shot of the new back tat. :giggle: )

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

r1015bill wrote:Back in TR interviews, didn't Alex say that Moonlight gave him grey hair? :rolling:

So, in a way CBS is trying to age him. But at the same time, he's dyeing his hair in H50 so he looks younger. CBS doesn't know what they want. :snicker:

:laugh: Yeah Moonlight put him on the train to Clooneyville.

They do look to be controlling the gray...Alex wasn't turning gray in even amounts he was looking quite spotty with clumps of gray hear and there. Not just getting gradually salty at the temples and throughout his lovely brown locks. Sometimes I thought he looked like he had been hit with a powder puff on the right side of his head and was growing a little bunny tail in the back....it looked off and a bit distracting at times.

(OK :blushing: Kath spanks heself for picking at Alex and his uneven graying paterns)
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Well, I think any of us would agree that whether his hair is dyed or gray, short or long, or even bald... Alex is loved by all of us. And if that Insider story gets people to check out his earlier work, then those people are in for a heck of a wonderful surprise. :hearts:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

And the choir says, "Amen!". :notworthy:

:teeth:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Delighted to hear some acknowledgement of past projects, as he has exercized different creative muscles, so to speak. As a whole, they showcase the range and talent of a focused, multi talented artist.

Just sayin'.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix

Return to “General Discussion”