Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Lucky, lucky, lucky YOU!!! :cheer: :cheer:
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
Emerald
Sire

Re: I will be interviewing Alex

Post by Emerald »

Thanks guys :flowers: :hug:

I was pretty floored when I got notification from his publicist that Alex had agreed to the interview:

This is the email I received -

I’m one of Alex’s publicists and I wanted to get in touch with you about your request for an interview. Alex is so thankful for your support and would love to speak to you for a 10 minute interview. We would just need to see all the questions in advance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not sure when the interview is going ahead, I'm hoping it will be in time for us to also promote our Christmas campaign for Taylor's Gift and Zaidee's Rainbow Foundation, but by the time they receive the full list of questions, go through them all, decide which ones will or won't be allowable, prepare answers in advance, get back to me, arrange a time, work out the logistics and whatever else needs to be done, it could be anywhere from a couple of weeks to a few months or longer. It seems setting up an interview with a celeb isn't quite as easy as 'Can I have an interview?' 'Sure, here's their contact number, knock yourself out' :winky: :snicker:
"Vampires are outside the realms of human constructed notions of sexuality"

I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be

Queen of the Jock (Josef/Mick) Shippers
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

If only... :snicker:

Have fun, Em! You're such an inspiration. :hug:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
Emerald
Sire

Post by Emerald »

HotMicks wrote: You're such an inspiration. :hug:
No I'm not *looks down at the ground sheepishly* :blushing:

Thank you :rose:

r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Emerald wrote:

I’m one of Alex’s publicists and I wanted to get in touch with you about your request for an interview....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

... It seems setting up an interview with a celeb isn't quite as easy as 'Can I have an interview?' 'Sure, here's their contact number, knock yourself out'
"one of Alex's publicists"? :gasp: :gasp:

How many does he have and why can't they make sure his name is pronounced correctly? :dizzy:

I remember back at the Toys for Tots Christmas event while Moonlight was on (December 2007), someone asked Alex at the event if they could get a little interview. He called someone and he was able to do an interview right then. Of course the "someone" turned out not to be so truthful in other ways so...

But anyway, he has come a long way. :twothumbs:
Emerald
Sire

Post by Emerald »

r1015bill wrote:
Emerald wrote:

I’m one of Alex’s publicists and I wanted to get in touch with you about your request for an interview....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

... It seems setting up an interview with a celeb isn't quite as easy as 'Can I have an interview?' 'Sure, here's their contact number, knock yourself out'
"one of Alex's publicists"? :gasp: :gasp:

How many does he have and why can't they make sure his name is pronounced correctly? :dizzy:

I remember back at the Toys for Tots Christmas event while Moonlight was on (December 2007), someone asked Alex at the event if they could get a little interview. He called someone and he was able to do an interview right then. Of course the "someone" turned out not to be so truthful in other ways so...

But anyway, he has come a long way. :twothumbs:
I believe it's his main publicist's assistant. From my very basic, and in no way actually that knowledgeable understanding of it, she takes care of the more mundane stuff like his official Facebook page, writing up press releases, & organising lower level interviews (ie those that aren't with big publications such as GQ for example), and the other publicist takes care of more personal appearances, TV spots & interviews, major press stuff, and so on. I could be wrong though.

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Well, considering how busy and in-demand he is, it makes sense for him to have "levels of people." :thumbs: I'm just glad one of them is working with you to make this interview happen. And at least you can assure them that you won't misspell or mispronounce his name!! :teeth:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Wow, Em! :yahoo: :hug: I've been away for the weekend, but I wanted to chime in now and say how excited I am for you! I'm thrilled that you have this opportunity, and can't wait to see (or hear :fingerscrossed: ) the result.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Wonderful news, Em!! You will be able to put forth a positive spin on the majority of Alex fans....that we are sane, kind, very cool people!
Emerald
Sire

Post by Emerald »

Thanks so much for all the warm wishes and congratulations again guys :hug: :flowers:

I don't know if all this waiting is a good a thing (gives me time to prepare) or a bad thing (gives me time to stress out) :snicker:

From the time I first made contact through an intermediary to request an interview, it took about 2 weeks (with a few polite prods every so often of 'Hey, have you heard anything yet'?). Now I'm dealing with his publicist (one of) directly I'm hoping things will be a little quicker, but at the same time I'm just gonna be patient and let things happen when they do. This is a huge opportunity, not just for me, but for the Alex O'Loughlin Fans for Donate Life. I don't want to mess it up by being too pushy at any point.

The full list of questions was submitted a day or so a go (over the weekend so I don't expect they would have received it by now, or if they have they would have only just got it). I did not include any Moonlight questions, no one actually asked any, and I was going to add one of my own, but I decided not to. I kinda figured he might have appreciated a break away from a fan in particular asking him about Moonlight, it just seemed like one of those 'it's been asked way too many times before' type deals (same with questions on his audition for James Bond). Most of the fan submitted questions I've included range from lighthearted ones about his dog, through to more stuff about his actual acting process, and getting into character, and that sort of thing. Of course those questions are only if I'm allowed to ask them/have time once I've asked the Donate Life/Taylor's Gift related stuff which takes priority.

But I will definitely be trying to my best to get a plug for the Moonlight Fandom in there somewhere, because we were collectively amazing and kicked arse when it came to voting for Taylor's Gift recently. :yahoo:

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Em, your handling this interview with sensitivity and class is the best plug you can give us as ML fans. :flowers: I know you will represent us well.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Em, I'd love to hear how they'll tell you that a particular question is not allowed. That's sort of fascinating. Do you suppose they'll tell you why it's not allowed? Since all of Alex' interviews seem so smooth, is it because he knows what's coming at him? Do you suppose the journalists have to do the same thing? Actually, journalists seem to ask the least interesting questions so maybe they don't take these interviews seriously.

Thanks for letting us vicariously do this interview with you! This is SO fun!
Emerald
Sire

Post by Emerald »

Thanks Lilly :hug:

---------------------------

r1015bill - I'm not sure how they approve or don't approve questions. They didn't give me any sort of guidelines, I just automatically assumed 'nothing about his private life, nothing that was too personal, and definitely no questions about his son'. I do believe it's common practice (again from my very, very limited understanding of how this all works) for celebs to receive interview questions beforehand so they can at least prepare some basic outlines of answers they want to give. I would think that was even more important when it came to their charity work, because they'd want to be presenting themselves in the best light possible as a representative of the charity.

Emerald
Sire

Post by Emerald »

I heard back from Alex's publicist in relation to another matter (an Australian organ donor charity group was looking for an introduction to be made, so I passed along their information), and she added that she will be in touch about the interview 'shortly' (whatever 'shortly' means). :twothumbs:

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

:hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2:
Keep us posted! :teeth: