All Hallows Eve - Redux (PG) Challenge 132 (10/30/11)

A place for Darkstarrising's G to PG-13 stories
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

All Hallows Eve - Redux (PG) Challenge 132 (10/30/11)

Post by darkstarrising »

:mooncat: Happy Halloween, all :hallpumpkin:

What follows is my reply to the Halloween challenge of 'Short and Scary'

With all due apologies to Duran Duran, please enjoy. May your Halloween be fun, safe and your candy plentiful :trickortreat:

All Hallows Eve…Redux

Another Halloween, another Kostan party.

How like Josef to flaunt all things unholy on the eve of the feast celebrating human sanctity. The scents and sounds of the annual bacchanalia assailed Mick’s senses fifty yards from the house, stirring long suppressed desires and memories best forgotten.

Just like Josef knew they would.

‘You can’t deny yourself forever, Mick. You need to let your inner vamp out to play every now and then.’

He should have turned around then, gone home and concocted some lame excuse that Josef would see right through; better to be verbally abused later than physically tortured now. Instead, the young vampire saw the challenge for what it was and accepted.

Just like Josef knew he would.

The party's pleasures nearly undid Mick’s resolve. The freshies were plentiful and scantily clad, their warm, aromatic flesh pressing against him, enticing man and vampire alike. The music’s bass thrummed like his long absent heartbeat, pulsing a seductive rhythm entrancing the costumed revelers. A quick scan of the room located Josef strategically situated where he could see and be seen by all. Raising his glass in mock salute, the ancient vampire acknowledged the prodigal’s arrival, his message clear.

‘Like it or not, Mick, this is who you are.’

In a way, Josef was right. Just like the human revelers cloaked in gaudy costumes, Mick desired to be anything than what he was, if only for a night.

Between the booze and the strobes, the scene was surreal. Pills were being popped like candy and no one here gave a damn about bobbing for anything except blood. All around him, heroes mingled with villains, with the more adventuresome transforming themselves into fantastic or monstrous beings. Mick smile sardonically; he knew who the real monsters were. Scattered amongst their prey, they hid in plain sight until it was time to hunt, to feed and maybe even to kill, the latter just for kicks.

Just as he once had. That Mick was gone and nothing Josef said or did could ever bring him back.

In touch with the ground, I'm on the hunt I'm after you…

Mick cursed under his breath; Josef was intentionally goading him tonight, knowing how much he hated Halloween and that damned song. For the solitary detective, Halloween was every night of the year as he hid behind a mask of humanity, one he now felt slipping away.

A scent and a sound, I'm lost and I'm found, And I'm hungry like the wolf...

Screw that song! Mick shook his head, trying to regain some composure. For once, man and vampire conspired against him; what each hungered for was plentiful and theirs for the taking. Just the thought of the flesh and blood this unholy gathering offered aroused him. His lips twitched, his fangs aching to descend and plunge into soft succulent flesh, his body hardening in similar desire. He had to leave now, before he gave in….

Strut on a line, it's discord and rhyme, I'm on the hunt, I'm after you….

Too late.

Someone had come up from behind him, wrapping their arms around his waist and it wasn’t just any someone; hers was a scent he’d never forget. Holding him close, seducing hands moved up his chest, gently caressing and offering pleasures as only they could. The touch of his seductress and mere memories of her love were enough to set his body and soul on fire.

I howl and I whine, I'm after you…

Damn Josef!! Mick shot a murderous look at his host, who was watching the pair with an air of smug satisfaction. In his efforts to bring the prodigal back into the vampiric fold, Josef had pulled out all the stops.

Mouth is alive, juices like wine

As his captor’s lips brushed his ear whispering promises of pleasures yet to come, her fingers entwined in his hair. Aching with desire, Mick turned to face his temptress. Try as he might, she was too much to resist. He’d held out so long, he’d tried to be good, but his need for her and all she offered was overwhelming.

And I'm hungry like the wolf…….

His eyes silvered as he brushed her long, raven hair away from her delicate neck, and cursing Kostan for what he’d done, Mick sank himself into a world of forbidden pleasure.

Just like Josef knew he would.

Mick shook his head, banishing memories of a night long ago. A light touch on his arm had brought him back to the present. Her touch, her scent pleased man and vampire alike, although the latter longed for another taste of her sweet blood. Their brief encounter in the desert seemed an eternity ago, something Josef reminded him at every opportunity. But nothing Josef could say or do was going to influence how Mick proceeded in his relationship with the woman he loved.

Not this time.

And so, against his better judgment, Mick found himself once again at his friend’s annual Halloween party, now with a beautiful woman on his arm. He had only minor misgivings about bringing her here as the festivities were more civilized now, or at least more discrete. Josef had even transformed his bacchanalia into a charitable event, but still, the booze was plentiful and the freshies were there for those that desired them.

Their host was making the rounds now, smiling and chatting with his guests, thanking them for their generosity. As Josef drew near, a knowing smile flickered across his face. The lights dimmed and the band began to play something a little more upbeat. Mick froze, the music bringing back more than just a memory, but a scent he thought lost forever.

Just like Josef knew it would.

A scent and a sound, I'm lost and I'm found, And I'm hungry like the wolf……
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Lucy
Ancient

Re: All Hallows Eve - Redux (PG) Challenge 132 (10/30/11)

Post by Lucy »

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Ah, no one throws a party like our Josef...

Nicely done, dsr!

Lucky
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Karen

This is fabulous.

Josef is certainly cast in a temptor-like role here. He knows the temptations that pull at Mick like gravity, and he willingly uses them against him. He somehow sees Mick's resolve to resist his inner vamp as a personal criticism. He overrode Mick's resolve before Beth, but I find it interesting that he is still at it now that Mick and Beth are together.

Thank you!
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

wow... loved it. you tempt the reader just as Josef does Mick, dsr. there was something very sensuous about this story - my cheeks were tingling and I felt definite heat. I love stories in which Josef plays the serpent in the garden and perhaps Mick is always closer to giving in than he realises.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Wow, this is really making my skin tingle. Mick so tempted and the music and the scents - it's such a real atmosphere you create. It makes my mouth water too. :winky:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

What a shivery-sensual story this is! You've put us inside Mick's skin--his very, very uncomfortable skin, and we feel everything he feels. :confused2: Poor Mick - he has an iron will, but Josef knows just how to turn that resolve molten-hot... :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts:

I can imagine that song driving Mick crazy in more ways than one. Of course, the words are a perfect depiction of all Mick hates about his predator nature... and then he's got those guilty memories of Lee Jay's second wife, who might not have died had Mick been watching over her instead of enjoying Josef's Halloween debauchery... :Mickangel:

But now he's got Beth on his arm... and maybe someday, he'll let her show him that he can indulge his hunger without falling prey to his own predator. :fingerscrossed:
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

Wow, DSR! This was amazing! :clapping:

I loved the descriptive words, the song lyrics, the repeating "Just like Josef knew..."

Very nice!

:pumpkin:

Marigold
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

I love this, DSR. :smooch:

Mick always walks a very fine line between the man and the vampire, and Josef knows him too well.
darkstarrising wrote:Raising his glass in mock salute, the ancient vampire acknowledged the prodigal’s arrival, his message clear.

Too true. Josef embraces his nature, and pushes Mick to accept his as well. And well he knows how to push Mick's buttons...
darkstarrising wrote: Mick shook his head, trying to regain some composure. For once, man and vampire conspired against him; what each hungered for was plentiful and theirs for the taking. Just the thought of the flesh and blood this unholy gathering offered aroused him. His lips twitched, his fangs aching to descend and plunge into soft succulent flesh, his body hardening in similar desire. He had to leave now, before he gave in….
Even with Beth, Josef's going to push Mick as far as he can.

Dark and seductive, this delves into a side Mick wishes he could bury deep but can't.

Very nice. :heart:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

To all, thanks for reading and enjoying my little Halloween treat :ghug:
Lucy wrote::clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Thanks, Lucy :hearts:
librarian_7 wrote:Ah, no one throws a party like our Josef...

Nicely done, dsr!

Lucky
Thanks, Lucky :hug: :hug: so true....and no one knows how to push Mick's buttons like Josef does. :devil:
jen wrote:Karen

This is fabulous.

Josef is certainly cast in a temptor-like role here. He knows the temptations that pull at Mick like gravity, and he willingly uses them against him. He somehow sees Mick's resolve to resist his inner vamp as a personal criticism. He overrode Mick's resolve before Beth, but I find it interesting that he is still at it now that Mick and Beth are together.

Thank you!
Thanks, Jenna :hug: I had this little vignette occurring sometime after 'Fever' but before 'The Ringer', so Coraline hadn't made her re-appearance yet...Josef had goaded Mick in 'Arrested Development' about 'fang on flesh' trying to get him to enjoy Beth rather than see his feeding from her as something he shouldn't have done. By reminding Mick of what he'd done at a party years earlier, he's simply pushing Mick's buttons.
Luxe de Luxe wrote:wow... loved it. you tempt the reader just as Josef does Mick, dsr. there was something very sensuous about this story - my cheeks were tingling and I felt definite heat. I love stories in which Josef plays the serpent in the garden and perhaps Mick is always closer to giving in than he realises.
Thanks, Luxe :hug: That's great way of describing how Josef likes to tempt people. This story started as something entirely different, but ended up as a test of Mick's ability to resist the temptation of both flesh and blood....as you can see, he couldn't resist.
francis wrote:Wow, this is really making my skin tingle. Mick so tempted and the music and the scents - it's such a real atmosphere you create. It makes my mouth water too. :winky:
Thanks, francis :hug: The music was always a part of the story, with the beat and the lyrics just the added extra that helped push Mick over the edge. Even before Coraline embraced him, Mick's resolve had already started to crumble. By the time she got to him, he was ready to surrender.
allegrita wrote:What a shivery-sensual story this is! You've put us inside Mick's skin--his very, very uncomfortable skin, and we feel everything he feels. :confused2: Poor Mick - he has an iron will, but Josef knows just how to turn that resolve molten-hot... :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts:

I can imagine that song driving Mick crazy in more ways than one. Of course, the words are a perfect depiction of all Mick hates about his predator nature... and then he's got those guilty memories of Lee Jay's second wife, who might not have died had Mick been watching over her instead of enjoying Josef's Halloween debauchery... :Mickangel:

But now he's got Beth on his arm... and maybe someday, he'll let her show him that he can indulge his hunger without falling prey to his own predator. :fingerscrossed:
Thanks, alle :hug: Oooh shivery-sensual is exactly what I was going for. Halloween isn't a frightening time for vampires, but for Mick, being faced with maintaining his resolve or not, it's terrifying. And Josef's not playing fair at all...the party, the music, that specific song, then springing Coraline on him. What's a reformed vamp to do? Wonder what he'll do with Beth :devil:
Marigold wrote:Wow, DSR! This was amazing! :clapping:

I loved the descriptive words, the song lyrics, the repeating "Just like Josef knew..."

Very nice!

:pumpkin:

Marigold
Thanks, Marigold :hearts: Glad you enjoyed it!!
PNWgal wrote:I love this, DSR. :smooch:

Mick always walks a very fine line between the man and the vampire, and Josef knows him too well.
darkstarrising wrote:Raising his glass in mock salute, the ancient vampire acknowledged the prodigal’s arrival, his message clear.

Too true. Josef embraces his nature, and pushes Mick to accept his as well. And well he knows how to push Mick's buttons...
darkstarrising wrote: Mick shook his head, trying to regain some composure. For once, man and vampire conspired against him; what each hungered for was plentiful and theirs for the taking. Just the thought of the flesh and blood this unholy gathering offered aroused him. His lips twitched, his fangs aching to descend and plunge into soft succulent flesh, his body hardening in similar desire. He had to leave now, before he gave in….
Even with Beth, Josef's going to push Mick as far as he can.

Dark and seductive, this delves into a side Mick wishes he could bury deep but can't.

Very nice. :heart:
Thanks, P'Gal :smooch: I love that you see this as dark and seductive, as I hoped it would come across. The early part of this story is occurring at a point in time when Mick's separation from Coraline is not yet complete. He hasn't found that fine line yet between man and vampire, and Josef fears that if he doesn't find some way to get Mick to accept what he is, he'll lose the young vampire. For Josef, this is tough love, yet I still think he delights in seeing just how far he can push Mick. One day, he's going to push too far :devil:
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

fairytoes
Rogue vampire

Post by fairytoes »

Wonderful answer to the challenge dsr! :clapping: :flowers:

:thanks:

(And appologies for being late to the party.)
Wonderful Banner by Redwinter
Gorgeous Avi by Lilly
Thank you!
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

fairytoes wrote:Wonderful answer to the challenge dsr! :clapping: :flowers:

:thanks:

(And appologies for being late to the party.)
Never too late, fairytoes, and thanks for the read and comment. :hearts:
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I missed this Halloween! It's wonderful, Josef throws the best parties.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

cassysj wrote:I missed this Halloween! It's wonderful, Josef throws the best parties.
Thanks, carol! Glad you enjoyed - and yeah, I'd love to attend one of Josef's parties :snicker:
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

Surprised I missed this the first time around when it was posted but really enjoyed it now. Thanks DSR.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.

Return to “Darkstarrising's Office”