All Hallows Eve - Redux (PG) Challenge 132 (10/30/11)

A place for Darkstarrising's G to PG-13 stories
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: All Hallows Eve - Redux (PG) Challenge 132 (10/30/11)

Post by darkstarrising »

Moonlightsonata wrote:Surprised I missed this the first time around when it was posted but really enjoyed it now. Thanks DSR.
Thanks, Moonlightsonata and you're very welcome :hearts:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

:yahoo: Wow! This was so very good! Poor Mick. Everything is always a struggle for him. :chin: Josef however, is another story :dracula:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

DSR

This is wonderful.

Josef wears his tempter horns like a badge of honor, and Mick is lost.

The hypnotic lure lure of music and the entire ambiance of this party enflame appetites that normally are under control but the urges he succeeds in suppressing have an ally here.

Don't quite understand Josef. Maybe I'm just dense, but to me a friend is someone who supports you and aids you in whatever choices you make. Here, Josef is taking another road altogether. Okay. Josef doesn't agree with Mick's decision, but it isn't his decision.

Mick may not have the strength to turn this neatly-laid trap on his 400 year old BFF, but you carry all that weight around and you get muscles. But what can he do? Drag Josef kicking and screaming down the straight and narrow? Great question and great setup!

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Ella713 wrote::yahoo: Wow! This was so very good! Poor Mick. Everything is always a struggle for him. :chin: Josef however, is another story :dracula:
Thanks, Ella :hearts: Indeed, Josef does take an inordinate amount of pleasure in tweaking Mick.
jen wrote:DSR

This is wonderful.

Josef wears his tempter horns like a badge of honor, and Mick is lost.

The hypnotic lure lure of music and the entire ambiance of this party enflame appetites that normally are under control but the urges he succeeds in suppressing have an ally here.

Don't quite understand Josef. Maybe I'm just dense, but to me a friend is someone who supports you and aids you in whatever choices you make. Here, Josef is taking another road altogether. Okay. Josef doesn't agree with Mick's decision, but it isn't his decision.

Mick may not have the strength to turn this neatly-laid trap on his 400 year old BFF, but you carry all that weight around and you get muscles. But what can he do? Drag Josef kicking and screaming down the straight and narrow? Great question and great setup!

Thank you!

Jenna

thanks, Jenna :hug: In the early part of the story, Josef is trying to get Mick to embrace his inner vampire. They're not yet the best friends we know they will become. Josef sees potential in Mick and fears his hopeless quest to be human again will be the ruin of him, not to mention the waste of a good vampire. If he could only get Mick to enjoy what he is, maybe there'd be hope for him. Having Coraline entice Mick as only she can ensures that Mick will succumb to temptation.

Fast forward to the latter part of the story. Mick and Josef have become fast friends and each has agreed to accept the other's way of life. But that doesn't prevent Josef from tweaking his friend a little.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Loving the ebb and flow of this.

It is lyrical and very powerful. The lure of the vampire is alway with Mick, but he has learned to manage it on most days. No fair, Josef! Bad hedge fund trader!!

I realize when you live for over 400 years you need to find something to occupy your mind, but do you have to mess with the lives of people you care about?

What am I saying? Of course he does. After all, he's Josef Kostan and if you can't mess with your friends heads, what else is there. Messing with an enemy's head is boring.

Thank you!

Jenna

Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

jen wrote:Loving the ebb and flow of this.

It is lyrical and very powerful. The lure of the vampire is alway with Mick, but he has learned to manage it on most days. No fair, Josef! Bad hedge fund trader!!

I realize when you live for over 400 years you need to find something to occupy your mind, but do you have to mess with the lives of people you care about?

What am I saying? Of course he does. After all, he's Josef Kostan and if you can't mess with your friends heads, what else is there. Messing with an enemy's head is boring.

Thank you!

Jenna

Thanks, Jenna for the re-read :smooch: Josef may have thought he had Mick's best interests in mind in years past, but now, he is just messing with him. Why? Because he can. Still, one of these days :whistle:
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Had to give this story a bump. I love Josef's parties. :yahoo:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

cassysj wrote:Had to give this story a bump. I love Josef's parties. :yahoo:
Thanks, Carol :hug: No one knows how to party like Josef!!
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Mmm, I'm glad this got bumped. It's always fun to take a walk on the dark-and-wild side when Josef is pulling the strings. :melts: The sensuousness of this story gets me every time. I feel what Mick feels--and it's a very tingly, uncomfortable, yet compelling sort of desire indeed. :eat: :melts: :dracula:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

allegrita wrote:Mmm, I'm glad this got bumped. It's always fun to take a walk on the dark-and-wild side when Josef is pulling the strings. :melts: The sensuousness of this story gets me every time. I feel what Mick feels--and it's a very tingly, uncomfortable, yet compelling sort of desire indeed. :eat: :melts: :dracula:
Sorry I missed your comment, alle :blushing: Josef indeed knows how to pull strings and push Mick's buttons. Mick knows he shouldn't succumb, but in the end, desire wins out. Only now, his desire is to be with Beth.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

I must have missed this before. Josef can be such a puppet master, and he loves every minute of it! :snicker:

I really enjoyed this one! :twothumbs: :mooncat:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Yay! I love it when old favorites get bumped and I get to reread. This is such a delight. Pooooor Mick. :angel: :snicker:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

MickLifeCrisis wrote:I must have missed this before. Josef can be such a puppet master, and he loves every minute of it! :snicker:

I really enjoyed this one! :twothumbs: :mooncat:
allegrita wrote:Yay! I love it when old favorites get bumped and I get to reread. This is such a delight. Pooooor Mick. :angel: :snicker:
Thanks, ladies :ghug: One of the things I love about Josef is how he can tweak people, even those he loves. He's doing his best to get Mick to accept his condition, and initially he succeeds, but in a way that Mick will never forget.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

Return to “Darkstarrising's Office”