Board problem?

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Board problem?

Post by allegrita »

That's good news, coco. :hug:

Just as a reminder, the Gallery is hosted on a different server than this board - so just 'cause you can reach this board, that doesn't necessarily mean you will be able to reach the Gallery. We've had excellent luck with reliability at the Gallery's new home, but there could possibly be issues involving server maintenance, etc., that could affect availability. Also, there might sometimes be network issues, such as congestion or routing problems, that make it hard or even impossible for some people to access sites, even if they are up. I've run into situations where I couldn't get to a site, but I was chatting with a friend in another area who had no problem reaching it. The cause was some network glitch between me and the site I couldn't reach... but it didn't affect my ability to talk to my friend. Weird!! :dizzy:

This whole thing reminds me of Josef's remark about not being able to go a day without his cellphone. We have grown so accustomed to these wonderful tools that allow us so much access, and let us communicate so easily with people thousands and thousands of miles away... and when those tools fail us, we feel so cut off!! :gasp:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Hi all,

We're still experiencing slowness and server errors from time to time. We're in touch with the web hosts, and they've asked us to please have patience while they try to figure it out and fix it.

So sorry for the inconvenience!

Your MLA Admin/Mod Team
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Thanks, Alle. It happens sporadically for me, and I usually think it's just an issue on my side so I appreciate the updates letting us know it's a board issue.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

You're welcome, Fleur. :hug:

Plain old slowness can be a problem with the internet, or some issue with your local network or even your computer -- or all sorts of other things. But if you get SQL errors or server errors, that is a problem with the server our board lives on.

The web host has told us that they are closely monitoring the server, and that they'll be making adjustments based on their observations. If we get more news from them, we'll pass it on to you all.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Hi all,

We've been experiencing some General Errors and SQL errors in the past hour or so. We've asked the web host to investigate. Thank goodness, the errors seem transitory. :fingerscrossed: If you get one, please keep trying and you should get through after a few attempts.

We've left the Motel open, just in case.

Your MLA Admin/Mod Team
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Hi everyone,

We're sure you've noticed that MLA is running excruciatingly slowly today, with frequent board errors. We've reported the issue to the web host and hope they will resolve the issue soon. In the meantime, if you can't get on here, the Motel is open for your convenience. Hot and cold running vamps are available there, as usual. :laugh:

We apologize for this inconvenience, and we'll let you know what the web host says!

Your MLA Admin/Mod Team
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

The web host has responded to our query by saying they identified and fixed the cause of the slowness and server issues, woohoo! :yahoo:
So, fingers crossed, the board should be much faster now. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

It is! Thank you!! :hearts:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

It really is! I thought it was my computer.

Thanks! :flowers: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

What exactly is the Motel? I've seen it mentioned in a few places, but I'm not sure what it is.

:shrug:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Marigold, the Moonlightaholics Motel is an alternate site where we "go on vacation" when the board is unavailable, either because of unexpected problems (such as today's) or because of planned maintenance, upgrades, etc. You need to register at the Motel separately. Here's a link to the thread that tells about it: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8219
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

Thanks, Alle. :smooch:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Hi everyone,

We've been having some server problems for the past few hours. The web host is aware of them and is working to fix the issue, but you might notice slowness and server errors from time to time while they work on the problem.

In the meantime, if you can't get on here, the Motel is open for your convenience-- and don't worry, the vamps all have the address. :winky:

We apologize for this inconvenience!

Your MLA Admin/Mod Team
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Hi all,

We were down for about half an hour or 45 minutes just now, and the board is still running very slowly. The web host is aware of the issue and we hope to be running normally very soon!
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Thanks Alle for always keeping us updated. Whenever it's slow or I can't get on, I automatically assume it's me with the issue. Nice to know it's otherwise! :hearts:

Return to “Forum Announcements Archive”