BJ's Freshman Adventure - Chapter 9 (PG 13)

MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

BJ's Freshman Adventure - Chapter 9 (PG 13)

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Disclaimer: I do not own Moonlight or any of its characters.
Rated: PG-13
A/N: BJ is my OC, the adopted daughter of Mick and Beth. She was first introduced in Milestones, Part 1. It is not absolutely necessary to read that first, but it might help. BJ also has her own Halloween and Christmas stories.

Huge thanks to Moonlighter for being my idea bouncer this time as well as my beta. You would not be reading this if it hadn't been for her. :hugs:

I update every other night.

Previously in BJ’s Freshman Adventure ...

“Ready to take down this scumbag, Curtis?” [Mick] asked.

Curtis grinned wide. “Yes sir!” he replied.

Chapter 9

Eric Gerrard sat at his desk looking over his latest financial spreadsheets on his computer. Business was going well and he was contemplating opening up another club. Not as elegant as his First Timer’s Club, but classier than the frat joint. Though he had to admit that place provided a steady income. He also ran a business on the side that his partner didn’t know about, using some of his First Timer cast offs to supply freshies to some of the vamp establishments in town. He was crunching the numbers to compare the supply business with having a middle-of-the-road kind of club of his own instead, thus hanging on to the freshies he was funneling from the university into the First Timer’s Club.

His cell phone rang and he checked the caller ID. It was his business partner, Douglas Thompson.

MLMLMLML

Mick and Curtis walked towards the entrance to the First Timer’s Club, though there was no sign identifying it as such. “Thanks for letting me borrow one of your shirts,” Curtis said, smoothing out the front of a Henley.

“You’re welcome. We couldn’t exactly have you walking around with a hole in the front of your shirt caked with blood. It looked like you had been shot!” They both smiled as they opened the front door and stepped inside.

MLMLMLML

Eric Gerrard ended his call with Douglas Thompson and threw his phone down on his desk. Shit! He began downloading his spreadsheets to a flash drive and gathering files. Some big shot vamp from LA? How the hell did he find out about our operation? He started stuffing papers into a briefcase. Hell, that St. John bitch is from LA. You don’t suppose…? He picked up his phone and tried to call each of the men he had left guarding BJ and Curtis, but neither one answered. Shit! He hurried out of the office.

MLMLMLML

The doorman in the foyer took one look at Mick and Curtis and stepped in front of them to block their way. Apparently jeans and Henleys, even without bullet holes, were not dressy enough to get past the doorman of the stylish and exclusive First Timer’s Club. “I’m sorry, but we have a strict dress code,” the doorman said looking down his nose at them. “And you don’t meet it.”

“We just need to see Mr. Gerrard,” Mick said, trying to see if being polite would get them inside. If not, they could always resort to more persuasive measures. “It will only take a minute.”

“He wouldn’t let his own sire into this club looking like that! You’ll just have to leave and come back another time in the proper attire.”

Mick let out a growl and showed a hint of fang. “I think you need to let us see him now.”

The doorman let his own fangs out. “And I already told you…” but a disturbance in the club stopped him in mid-sentence and he turned around to look.

A man with a briefcase was walking briskly through the club towards the doorman, unapologetically bumping patrons and tables along the way. “Frederick,” he called to the doorman from several feet away as he continued his approach. “I’m going to be away for a few…” He stopped suddenly and stared past the doorman to the two men standing in the foyer. Eric Gerrard and Curtis Anderson recognized each other at once.

“It’s him!” Curtis yelled. “It’s Gerrard!”

In an instant Gerrard turned and fled back the way he had come with Mick and Curtis in hot pursuit. Their vamp speed through the club and across the dance floor left pandemonium in their wake. Gerrard ran out a rear exit into an alley. Without a moment’s hesitation he leapt to the roof of the building and kept on running.

Mick and Curtis burst through the rear door and stood breathless in the alley, looking left and right. Mick closed his eyes and inhaled through his nose. “He’s up on the roof!” They started down the alley and made a running leap up onto the roof.

“There he is!” Curtis pointed and they resumed the chase, jumping from one rooftop to the next, dodging air conditioners, maintenance sheds and other obstacles along the way. He saw they were about to reach the last building on the block. “Now we’ll get him,” he said to Mick.

They slowed down and stood behind a small structure housing a ventilation system. Mick motioned for Curtis to go around one side and that he would go around the other. They crept slowly towards their prey, all senses on high alert. Curtis stopped a few feet from the end, certain that Gerrard was just around the corner. Suddenly Gerrard jumped out from behind the shed, flinging his briefcase with vampire strength into Curtis’ stomach. It knocked the air out of him and caused him to double over, giving Gerrard the opportunity to kick him in the head and send him flying backwards onto the roof. Gerrard let out a laugh and pounced onto the stunned vamp. Curtis struggled, but Gerrard bit into his neck as Curtis let out a strangled scream.

“I don’t think so, Gerrard,” Mick said with a menacing growl. He grabbed him from behind and pulled him off of Curtis, throwing him against a brick wall. Gerrard slumped, but shook it off and was on his feet, charging towards Mick. Mick charged back, lifting Gerrard up in the air and flipping him over his head, letting him land with a thud on his back. Gerrard was a bit slower getting up this time, never taking his eyes off Mick.

“Who the hell are you, anyway?” Gerrard asked, taking his time standing up. His ribs were not healing quite as fast as he would have liked.

Mick matched his stare. “I’m Mick St. John. You kidnapped my daughter, you bastard. And you’ll pay for that – with your life.”

Gerrard was on his feet now. “Says you.” He lunged at Mick and managed to connect enough to send Mick sprawling onto the asphalt. Mick immediately rolled to the side as Gerrard came crashing down, missing him. Mick took advantage of the few seconds Gerrard was down to look around for some sort of weapon, but there wasn’t much to choose from up on the rooftop.

Curtis was also looking around for something, anything, he could use as a weapon. The fight had moved out of his view; they seemed to have forgotten about him. By now his neck wounds had stopped bleeding. He was in desperate need of blood, but he still had some strength left. He thought he saw something long and narrow lying next to a drainage grate so he crawled over towards it. A screwdriver! A maintenance man had probably lost it years ago and it had rolled towards the drain. He grabbed it and scooted back to the corner of the ventilation shed, peeking around it.

He watched as Mick and Gerrard stood and ran at each other again, the impact knocking them both down once more. Mick skidded across the roof and banged into the shed that Curtis was hiding behind. Momentarily stunned, Mick stared at the rusty base of it, and suddenly got an idea. If I could just yank off a piece of this rusty old sheet metal, I could use it as a blade. It was then that he caught Curtis’ eye around the corner. Curtis showed him the screwdriver and made a stabbing motion. Mick nodded.

Gerrard had rolled to his hands and knees as blood dripped from his head. He hadn’t eaten before his hasty departure, and it was taking a toll on him now.

“Hey Gerrard.” He looked up to see Curtis in a fighting stance, the screwdriver hidden in his hand. “Not so tough now, are you?” he taunted.

Gerrard groaned. He had forgotten all about this punk. He pulled himself together. “Tougher than you think,” he growled out as he came to his feet. Behind him, Mick was crouched next to the shed, his hands on the loose edge of the shed’s thin metal wall ready to rip it off. He caught Curtis’ eye and nodded.

At Mick’s signal, Curtis yelled and ran towards Gerrard, who yelled and ran straight at Curtis. At the same moment Mick used all his vampire strength to tear off a piece of the metal shed. Just before impact, Curtis brought up his hand with the screwdriver, plunged it into Gerrard’s chest and quickly backed away. Gerrard stood frozen to the spot for a second, and as he started to fall forward, Mick swung the jagged piece of metal like a sword clean through his neck. Mick and Curtis stood panting as they watched the body fall forward to the ground and Eric Gerrard’s head roll backwards, his eyes still looking surprised.

The sudden silence was deafening. Mick looked down at his bloody hands and then at Curtis; they smiled. “Good job,” Mick said. “Are you okay?”

“I will be if I can get some blood soon.”

“There’s more in the car.” He looked at Gerrard’s body. “Check his pockets and look for his briefcase. I’ll call for a Cleaner.”

One more chapter to go...
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: BJ's Freshman Adventure - Chapter 9 (PG 13)

Post by r1015bill »

Great fight scene!
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Clean up on Alley 10!!!!
You packed the action in, didn't you?
:woohoo:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Wow, Curtis and Mick are resourceful. They are a good team. Maybe it's time for Mick to get a junior partner.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Go team!

:cheer:

Super fight scene, MLC.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Gosh, thanks everyone! :flowers: I think fight scenes are hard to write. I want the readers to picture it in their minds the way I'm picturing it in mine. Glad it seemed to work for you!

Next we check in with Beth and the girls and tie up a few loose ends. Final chapter on Thursday!

:ghug: :thanks:
MickLifeCrisis
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, my GOSH! That was a great fight scene! Mick and Curtis are already acting like partners. I love this story, MLC!

And as for what happened to Gerrard, well, it couldn't happen to a more deserving guy. :devil:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Wonderful!

Glad to see this particular vamp get his. He had ruined a lot of lives.

Looking forward to the neat wrap up.

Thank you!

Jenna
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Thank you again! I'm so glad you liked the fight scene. :flowers:

Are you sure it's Mick you want to see paired up with Curtis?? :whistle: :snicker:
MickLifeCrisis
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Well, I think they'd be great partners... if Mick doesn't stake Curtis for thinking BJ's the cutest mortal he ever did see... :batseyes: :snicker:
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

allegrita wrote:... if Mick doesn't stake Curtis for thinking BJ's the cutest mortal he ever did see... :batseyes: :snicker:
...Really love your peaches, want to shake your tree.... oh, sorry, I digress.

Whew! I don't know about anyone else, but I'm actually tired from that fight! Good tag-team fighting, Mick and Curtis!
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

:clapping: :yahoo: That's how it's done! :devil:

I love that Mick let Curtis borrow a Henley. :snicker: :hearts:

Thanks, MLC! :rose:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!

Return to “BJ's Freshman Adventure”