This changes everything (PG-13, Mick-Beth)

A place for Fleur de Lisa's G to PG-13 stories
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

This changes everything (PG-13, Mick-Beth)

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The plot is the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Rating: PG-13

Author's Note: A first for me. A Mick and Beth ficlet, drabble, dribble, whatever you want to call it....

I own nothing related to Moonlight, except my smutty thoughts of Mick, and those I refuse to give up!

~~~September 2011 update~~~
**Dedicated to all my ML friends on the upcoming 4 year anniversary, and the great writers who've inspired me--PGal, redwinter, GuardianAngel, and dsr...to name just a few. And my granola chewing compatriot, grace**
Originally posted Nov 8, 2008.

This Changes Everything

His love fuels me. His touch, his body, soul--though he believes his is nonexistent--are the beginning and ending of my world. And this night, the promise of our new future shines bright.

Decisions have been made. Arguments have been had, and he finally agrees with me. Cedes to my deepest desire. Calmly, patiently he has answered my unending questions. With some reluctance, he understands my reasoning. Tonight is the night that everything in our world changes. I have never felt such unwavering hope for what lies ahead.

He makes love to me slowly, but I am anxious; the night is upon us and I cannot wait. I need him with a fierceness that I have never felt, longing for him, yet feeling such an incredible sense of urgency.

My sweat clings to him as he licks his marks. His husky laugh a tease as he knows how impatient I am. He rolls off, I grab his discarded shirt and make my way downstairs to ready the champagne, to begin the celebration.

As I hear the shower turn on, I notice the letter lying on the counter. I pick it up and feel a chill run down my spine. The one I never thought I would have to compete with has shown herself. My heart breaks. Hope fades.

He descends the stairs; dark hair damp and curly. The smile for me on his face-until he sees mine. He senses my heartache and pain. He sees my hand crumpled around the paper. The explanations begin---He cannot help himself, he is old-fashioned, he really tried to change, he understands why I feel the way I do but there are parts of him that are inflexible to time, he knows what I want, but he needs more time. SHE understands this part of him. He tells me that this doesn't change the way he feels about me. He tries to convince me that we can still share this night of new beginnings together.

I cringe at his words, sick and heartbroken. "This changes everything!", I scream at him. My night of hopeful anticipation at the beginning of a new life, a new time, is ruined. I head home to try and salvage what is left of this momentous evening.

The letter, still partially crumpled, mixed with my tears, lays on the floor as I leave. The words still visible:

"Sarah Palin thanks you for your support and generous donation to the McCain/Palin campaign..."

My vampire is a Republican. This changes everything.
Last edited by Fleur de Lisa on Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: This changes everything (PG-13, Mick-Beth)

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

This one is for grace, who actually remembered that I wrote it when I had all but forgotten about it.
Forgive me, once again, for making Mick a Republican!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

:coffee: OMG, I don't care what your politics are, this is one of the funniest things I've read in quite some time. You had me going, honey -- I thought it was Coraline. And then it turned out to be another sort of monster entirely! :snicker:

Beautifully done, and this is yet more proof that your silly claims of not being a writer aren't worth the electrons they're imprinted on... :hug:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:Forgive me, once again, for making Mick a Republican!
I have done some terrible things to Mick in my time - torture, despair, even death FFS, but I have never, never conjured anything so heinous for my hero. :no:

I remember so well when you posted this (without telling anyone you were doing so) - and it made me giggle this time just as much as the first.

They were good times and this is a super reminder. :smooch:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

So beautifully done!! I really didn't expect it at all! What else will poor Mick suffer in the hands of writers :rolling:

Fleur, brava!! :clapping:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

That you can write a piece that starts with sensuality and tenderness, then delving into despair and anger, and then ends on a humorous punch line, is awesome.
Today I must be in a funky mood because the humor got lost on me. I could just feel Beth's despair and loss of all hope so much that I couldn't laugh in the end.
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Alle---glad you had a laugh. For me, this is akin to looking back at old high school photos and cringing a bit at the hairstyle you had! Thanks again for finding this...if not for maggatha and grace it probably wouldn't have seen the light of day again.

Red--i know, it's almost unforgivable! But he was a conservative dude who was just coming out of his shell with Beth. In my mind, he followed Beth, they watched Obama's speech, had hours of hot sex and today is an active volunteer for several democratic organizations! Better? :heart:

Maggatha--thank you :hearts: you, my dear, were the impetus for these being found. For better or worse!

Francis--see red's comments above, you are not alone! Seriously, the purpose as I've learned of writing, is to put it out there for the readers to expeience whatever emotions the piece elicits. There is no wrong way to feel...Beth was hurt, and that overrode any humor in your eyes. That's totally cool and I appreciate you seeing it in a different way :hearts:

Thanks all--- this whole 4 year anniversary thing is making me nostalgic and very sappy. What a wonderful world ML created for us. It's been such a gift.

See?
Sappy.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:This one is for grace, who actually remembered that I wrote it when I had all but forgotten about it.
Forgive me, once again, for making Mick a Republican!
:rolling: So good to see it here.

After I recovered from the horrible shock at Mick's bad taste and poor judgement, I began to conceive that you and I, Cherie, might be kindred spirits. So I've never forgotten this piece. even if you did. :laugh:

Now to rid myself of remaining ew, gonna go eat some granola, chill some Chardonnay, recyle my newspapers, and save a whale. :biggrin:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Plant a tree while you're at it, 'k?

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

redwinter101 wrote:Plant a tree while you're at it, 'k?

Red

Well that just goes without saying... :whistle: :snicker:

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Don't forget the composting.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

And sing a folk song or two... :batseyes:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Wow.

I must say, this one pulled me right in. I was certain that letter was from Coraline and when Mick descended the stairs with his hair wet and curly, that certainty was reinforced. Then, that ending.

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Well, after all, Beth is in L.A.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

How lovely to see this again, Fleur. :clapping:

This made me giggle out loud. :hearts:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

allegrita wrote:And sing a folk song or two... :batseyes:

Kum Ba Ya? Or Puff the Magic Dragon? But only if Mick accompanies on guitar... :winky:

Return to “Fleur de Lisa's Office”