Jason on Ringer

r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Jason on Ringer

Post by r1015bill »

librarian_7 wrote:Yeah, I noticed that too! He looks a bit different, but it's definitely our vampire rocket scientist.

And okay, this is, well, a head scratcher. I'm not sure what to think.
Spoiler:
Juliet sure does know how to stick to a story, that's for sure.
Lucky
Yeah! Doesn't seem really feasible.

But this is what really caught my eye about the video
Spoiler:
Why were they both looking in opposite directions? Mr. C was looking to the left and Juliet was looking behind her. Like they were trying to see if anyone was watching them. And weren't they in Mr. C's classroom earlier? What is really going on here?
I don't think this says very much about the plot so I'll just go ahead. I also loved the snarky comment by the mom after Bridget (as Siobhan) said that she and her sister played word games as kids - "Did you sleep with her husband behind her back too?" Then there was an awkward pause - because she did!

I loved the twist that
Spoiler:
Henry and Machado thought Siobhan was Bridget.
It feels like Bridget is
Spoiler:
getting close to knowing that Siobhan is alive.
And the station went out before the end. :grumble: Did anyone see the last minute?
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Spoiler:
Well, Tessa showed up on the doorstep, and tearfully confessed that Mr. C had forced HER to have sex with him, too!
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

:gasp:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

librarian_7 wrote:
Spoiler:
Well, Tessa showed up on the doorstep, and tearfully confessed that Mr. C had forced HER to have sex with him, too!
Which is TOTALLY unrealistic considering...
Spoiler:
...how she's related to him since the first episode -- unless they want us to belive that Mr. C has been a very busy boy since the pizza party in his classroom. :dizzy: The whole thing makes no sense. And I''m not saying that because I don't want Jason Mr. C to be guilty. After Martin Walker, I would love to see him have that kind of role again. This, however, feels like just the set-up for more unanswered questions -- like Mr. C is going to turn up dead and we're supposed to wonder whether Juliet, Tessa, Bridget, Andrew or the least likely candidate for mother of the year did it. Image
Right now, I'm feeling more manipulated than genuinely caught up in a compelling, edge-of-your seat drama. :madface:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Yeah, it just doesn't seem very...consistent, for lack of a better term. It's more like ha HA we're going to throw something else at you which doesn't necessarily make much sense.

Lucky
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I've got to say, this whole thing is pretty hard to swallow. But they've done a pretty good job of spinning all these unlikely things into a pretty cogent whole so far. So I am going to reserve judgment for now.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Just to spur discussion...

Lucky
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

librarian_7 wrote:Just to spur discussion...

Lucky
OH my!! I have to watch that episode right now!!! :hyper2:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

That's the very spot in the surveillance video that is so confusing. What the heck are they both looking at? It looks staged so are there people out of site directing the action? Mr. C doesn't seem the type to just back up against the wall because this girl walks toward him...
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Well, the way I interpreted this "video tape" was that she was looking around to see if anyone was coming down the hall and he was well aware there are cameras in the school (and maybe even looked at this one, if I caught that right). He's just making sure it doesn't look (to the cameras) like he's the one coming on to her (hands up, turns face away so it looks like he's trying to avoid her kissing him, etc.).

I took it this way only because of something posted upthread that indicated he's not what he seems. If that's the case, he's been getting away with it and therefore is probably smart enough to realize there are surveillance cameras in the school. And although none of us know anything for sure (unless Lilly's holdin' out on us :winky: ), if they are gonna make him a perve, I have to say I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping he'd be more like someone the teen could confide in. I know that's probably not as interesting to the actor, but it would allow for the possibility of some longevity on the show. If he's a perve, he's gone in one season (although in RL, he'd probably be back out on the streets in 6 months so maybe there is a recurring role possibility here :eyeroll: ).

And Lilly, I'm kinda with you on the manipulation. As Alle said, maybe they'll tie it together in such a way that we all go :slaphead: , but right now some of the plot twists are just a little too convenient. I am enjoying the family dynamics, tho, in Bridget-upon-Siobhan. Hubby's kinda sexy, I-wear-too-much-eyeliner FBI guy is sufficiently menacing and I get a kick out of watching how SMG plays the two sisters. But Henry just annoys me for some reason, and for awhile there, Siobhan had so many flunkies who looked too similar to each other that I couldn't keep them straight.

If not for Jason, I'm not sure I'd keep watching this one. The only aspect that would possibly keep me coming back is watching Bridget try to show this family how to be human again. Man, that kid is a brat! If she were mine, at this point she'd be "grounded for life." :snicker: I thought the transition from ice-cold to loving was a little rushed and forced, but now that they're settled into the "marriage is so on again" mode, it's sweet to watch - tho I gather Siobhan is about to put a wrecking ball to it.

It's interesting because this one is a tad similar to another one I'm also watching, Revenge (on ABC) - they both have "rich people aren't what they seem" themes. Even though I think they're also using too-convenient plots, I'm still watching Revenge because the acting is so good (looove the Nolan character!). Madeleine Stowe is just amazing, and I love seeing Emily VanCamp change her facial expression from sweet-and-innocent to raging evil revenge b*tch. On that note, VanCamp should work with Alex someday - they could both emote a whole film without saying a word. :laugh:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Well, I felt with the surveillance camera Mr. C knew exactly where the cameras would pick him up and his knowledge for that could be as innocent as two students had a fight in the hallway and he got to see the tape to verify stories a year or two ago so once Juliet got him in that hallway he knew how to make himself look innocent.

Actually in NYC schools right now a teacher is not permitted to touch a student even Pre-K/Kindergarten who often like to hug the teacher. My sister who was just a Sunday School teacher had to go thru a training session because she had First Graders. If the kid hugs you, you have to put your hands in the air like the police are saying put your hands up but speak to the child in a calm soothing voice. Looks like Mr. C had the same training session.

Regarding Tessa
Spoiler:
Unless they come up with some weird twist I believe he forced Tessa not Juliet. When you deal with sick individuals that molest children/teens they can walk into a room of a hundred kids and tell you in 30 seconds which ones will talk and which won't. I think he may want to be with Juliet but her personality would be too dangerous for him. I hope he's completely innocent so we can have Jason for more than one season but I don't know.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Carol, thanks so much for the insight into the restrictions on NYC public school teachers. :notworthy: I guess the writers really did their homework. :thumbs:

Press release for this week's episode:
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 14

"RINGER" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET)

"It's Easy To Cry When This Much Cash Is Involved"

EVERYTHING STARTS TO UNRAVEL - Bridget (Sarah Michelle Gellar) visits some of the last locations Siobhan went before she disappeared and discovers that Siobhan kept a secret office. Olivia (guest star Jamie Murray) finds out some information about Henry (Kristoffer Polaha) and blackmails him into introducing her to Gemma's (Tara Summers) wealthy father Tim Arbogast (guest star Gregory Harrison). Meanwhile, in Paris, Tyler (guest star Justin Bruening) struggles with a moral decision that could affect Siobhan and Andrew (Ioan Gruffudd). Nestor Carbonell, Zoey Deutch and Mike Colter also star. Guy Bee directed the episode written by Shintaro Shimosawa, Eric Charmelo and Nicole Snyder.
I honestly don't know if we'll see Jason this week. However, I'm intrigued by the episode title. Since we know it's a line of dialogue, who do you think says it? I can't help wondering if it'll be Tessa. Could she have been paid off to cry crocodile tears?
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

That's a very good point. I hope they will push forward the Mr. C. story at least a little, but there are so many story threads that it's hard to cover everything. But you'd think that a loving father would be ALL OVER this thing, so I hope they will at least address it this week! Ironically, several teacher/child abuse stories have been all over the news in Los Angeles in the past week or so, so the Mr. C. story really resonates here in California!
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

OMG.

Okay, we didn't see that coming. :gasp:
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Creepy, creepy, creepy. :madface:

Return to “Past Projects”