Jordan in "The Millionaire Tour"

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Jordan in "The Millionaire Tour"

Post by Lilly »

Jordan is currently shooting a film, The Millionaire Tour, with Dominic Monaghan and Ray Wise.

Here's a behind-the-scenes pic: http://yfrog.com/h0xjzbhtj

----------

Thanks to The Dominic Monaghan Resource -- http://dommonaghan.org -- we have a bit more info about the film:

New Dominic Monaghan Film "The Millionaire Tour" SPOILERS
Tuesday, 17 May 2011 20:31

The new Dominic Monaghan film currently shooting is called The Millionaire Tour. Thanks to Dom's costar Jordan Belfi for passing on the information to this site.

The film is directed by Inon Shampanier from his script with Natalie Shampanier. According to IMDB, Shampanier previously wrote and directed the short "8 Ball" and produced two documentaries on Yiddish theater. Other cast members include Rick Gomez, Agnes Bruckner, Ray Wise, and Dave Vescio.

The film, produced by Michael Eisner's Vuguru, a web television/new media production company, may be destined for some kind of Internet distribution. The Millionaire Tour is Vuguru's first feature.

Plot blurb:
Spoiler:
A mysterious cab passenger who is taken hostage must convince the hijackers that he is not the legendary con man they set out to kill. His various attempts to prove his identity only persuade the hijackers of his devious conman trickery. Is it a case of mistaken identity, or a clever act of deception? A series of mind games, confessions and escape ploys will determine who's taking who for a ride...
There is more detail on the website under the heading "Bigger spoilers" which I'm now sorry I saw. It could really affect one's enjoyment of the mystery, so I'd strongly advise not to peek. :2cents:
Last edited by Lilly on Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: split into new topic and updated first post
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Re: Jordan - general discussion, news, interviews, etc

Post by librarian_7 »

Wow. That sounds really interesting....thanks for finding that info, Lilly!!

Lucky
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ooh... that does sound really interesting. And thanks for the tip about the big spoilers. I won't peek yet... I'm hoping I will get a chance to see the film! :twothumbs:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

:heart: :heart:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Jordan shared this LA Times article on both his FB page and Twitter: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/ne ... 2728.story

It deals with the new concept of "digital studios" and the concept of making movies for distribution on the web. Vuguru, the company featured in the article, is the one producing Jordan's new film The Millionaire Tour.

The section specifically referring to the movie:

Consider the accelerated pace of Vuguru's "The Millionaire Tour," a thriller with elements of Tom Cruise's 2004 cab driver hostage drama "Collateral" and Kevin Spacey's suspenseful 1995 crime mystery "The Usual Suspects." Jones said she read the script in February. The series started shooting in May. In the feature film world, such development could take 18 months or longer.

Dominic Monaghan, who has appeared in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy and on the ABC-TV series "Lost," said he was attracted to "The Millionaire Tour" because of the quality of the script as well as the opportunity to be in the vanguard of the changing media landscape.

"Right now, there is a slight novelty value … to making a movie that is specifically made for an online release," Monaghan said. "But I think in the next five to 10 years, everyone will be doing it and this film will be recognized as one of the forerunners. And that's important to me."
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Thanks, Lilly. This is interesting.
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

VERY cool. Thanks, Lilly - and thanks to Jordan for sharing the article with us.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

From Jordan's FB page, a picture of the movie's poster at ComicCon: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 2976396195
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oooh - that poster looks wonderful! :hyper2:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: Jordan in "The Millionaire Tour"

Post by Lilly »

The Millionaire Tour now has its own FB fan page: http://www.facebook.com/themillionairetour

They've added a handful of production stills, including a couple of good shots of Jordan. :teeth:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Check out this trailer! :teeth: --> http://vuguru.com/projects/millionaire-tour-sneak-peek

And it's being shown in "episodes" on YouTube. First episode is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=362KmXrRge4

Five minutes in -- and I'm hooked. :thumbs: :woohoo:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ooooooh... That's going to be quite a ride. :gasp:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I am ridiculously pumped up about this. :teeth:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

OK, it turns out that, for a limited time, ALL of the episodes are up here: http://vuguru.com/projects/millionaire-tour-sneak-peek

I've just watched the first 10 chapters,and - OMG - this is riveting. :gasp: It takes some time to unravel, bit by bit, but Jordan is awesome. He's got so much more depth as an actor than we usually get to see. Not having been a fan of Lost, I've never seen Dominic Monaghan in anything before, but he's fabulous as well.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I finished the last 5 chapters yesterday, but didn't have a chance to get back here and post. There are fifteen 5- to 8-minute chapters in all. If you don't have time to watch a whole movie in one sitting, you can very easily watch a couple at a time -- although I have to warn you that it's very hard to stop once you get started. :winky:

The movie is intense and almost claustrophobic with most of the "action" taking place in a cramped taxi-cab. In this case, the close quarters really work to heighten the drama. I do want to note that, although mentioned in the article above, Ray Wise does not appear in the film. He was apparently replaced in that brief-but-critical role by the equally phenomenal Bruce Davison.

I desperately wish I hadn't read the "big spoilers" I mentioned above. I think the film would have packed an even bigger punch if I hadn't. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed it and will be watching again when I have time. :thumbs:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index

Return to “Jordan”