The Anniversary- pg13 Mick/?( I am not going to ruin it)

A place for Emma-lee's G to PG-13 stories
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

The Anniversary- pg13 Mick/?( I am not going to ruin it)

Post by Emma-lee »

Just a fic that came to my mind as i was re-reading another of mine. I wanted it to be ambiguous as to WHOM Mick is celebrating with. Maybe even write a fic that both the Mick/Cora shippers AND the Mick/Beth shippers can enjoy. And I will not tell who it really is....Enjoy

THE ANNIVERSARY

Mick smiled as he looked at the dozen red roses on the dresser, they looked perfect in her favorite red vase. She had placed them there as soon as he had given them to her. He scented them softly, and it brought back the memories of the night. He had always loved their anniversaries, and tonight was no exception. They would always start the same way, she in a hotel room and he, ever the gentleman, would come by to pick her up for the ‘date’. He would hand her the same bouquet, a dozen red roses. Mick would then take her arm in his and they would head down to their rented black limo. Then they would go to their favorite restaurant, one that gave them the utmost in privacy, as is needed when one is a vampire. Then go dancing to the wee hours of the night. Finally they would end the night in her hotel room, making love until the sun came up.

Though this time it was a little different, it was their ten year anniversary. Mick wanted it to be more special than the ones in the past. He wanted to celebrate everything they had overcome in the time they had known each other, the rocky times, and the denial of their love for each other. Most importantly how the fates had brought them together. How it seemed that the stars had truly meant for them to be together. Mick went out to the other room quietly and grabbed a glass of A+ as he sat in the arm chair. He did not want to wake his beautiful wife from her sleep. Besides he wanted to reflect about the things that seemed so important years ago and had helped shape their relationship.

Beth’s kidnapping was the first thing to come to his mind. That was the main reason that tore Coraline and him apart. Then when Beth found out years later, it put a strain on their friendship. He agonized for years over the kidnapping, knowing that what Coraline did, she did for him. It took him DECADES to realize that she did it out of love. That she was trying to give him what he wanted to make him happy. In fact it was when she came back as a human that he realized it. Seeing her again, even though she was posing as Morgan, made his heart stop…well would have had it been beating in the first place. At first he only wanted her for the cure, to know how she did it. The cure was what he thought he had wanted; it was the only way he and Beth could be together. Vampires and humans could not work in a relationship.

But once he had the cure he quickly realized that was not the best option. It was only by being a vampire that he could save Beth from the other monsters out there. Something he promised himself he would always do since the first time he saved her. What he did not realize was that by saving her this time, she was also saving him. When Josef turned him back to save her, he had a choice, and he chose the vampire. He also realized that while it was fun to do human things again, he really did enjoy being a vampire. He was determined to try and make it work between him and Beth. Despite the ribbing Josef gave him.

It was when Coraline came back that things came to a head. He thought about what she had done for him. The sincere act of bringing him the cure, at great risk to her, proved that she loved him, as both her lover and as her fledgling. It pained him that he could not protect her from Lance and that he could only imagine the torture she went through when Lance took her home to their sire. He shook his head and finished his drink. It was best he did not think about that time. She had never spoken of what happened in that year when she was kept by her sire. But once she was released she came right back to Mick, to apologize. And that had also made him think of all the things she had done TO him. How she had taken away everything he cared for by turning him, then she tormented him by coming back as Morgan. Could he really trust her again?

Of course by the time Coraline came back, he and Beth had been dating happily for a while. This did not sit too well with Coraline, or Beth. He sighed deeply as he remembered the two of them only agreeing on one thing. He had to choose only one of them, and he had to do it now. It took him a few days to think it over, it was the hardest decision of his life, and he loved both of them. Although when he finally made his choice, Mick was glad that he had chosen her.

His thoughts drifted back to her beautiful naked body, resting after their marathon lovemaking session. He smiled warmly, for ten years he has been happy, truly happy. He did not think it would ever be possible for him to be this happy. He went to his duster and pulled out a ring box, this anniversary was to be a special one. He was going to let her know that he would marry her all over again. He looked at the beautiful diamond anniversary ring in the box and then closed it with a snap.

“Mick?” he heard her voice coming from the bedroom. “Mick…Are you ok?”

He smiled and took the ring box into the bedroom. “I’m fine; I just went to get a present for you.” He got down on one knee and opened the box. “I wanted to let you know, that I love you very much. And even given everything we have been through, I would marry you all over again.”

She smiled as a tear slipped down her cheek and she kissed him deeply. “I love you, Mick.” She put the ring on and looked him in the eye. “Make love to me again.”

Mick growled and kicked the door closed. Then he made love to his beautiful wife until the sun came high into the sky…

Wonderful banner by Redwinter101, Avatar by Jen.
jen
Cleaner

Re: The Anniversary- pg13 Mick/?( I am not going to ruin it)

Post by jen »

You are right that it could be taken either way.

Thank you!
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

jen wrote:You are right that it could be taken either way.

Thank you!
Thank you for reading...I was going to really throw everyone off and say the wife's name was some random female name unrelated to Moonlight... :snicker: but was afraid of the readers...lol

jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Post by jenstc2003 »

LOVE IT Angie!! *Giggles* And we KNOW who YOU would think this is, LOL!
Jen

Mick's Synful One
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

jenstc2003 wrote:LOVE IT Angie!! *Giggles* And we KNOW who YOU would think this is, LOL!
:chin: and just whom might that be Jen...and thanks!

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, man... Mick-angst. :Mickangel: But at least it's only the memory of angst. Now he's very happy with... well, I bet I know who she is, but hey... this one is fun because we can pick. :brow:

I'm so glad you're back, and writing! :hug:

(edited to fix a typo)
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

allegrita wrote:Oh, man... Mick-angst. :Mickangel: But at least it's only the memory of angst. Now he's very happy with... well, I bet I know who she is, but hey... this one is fun because we can pick. :brow:

I'm so glad you're back, and writing! :hug:

(edited to fix a typo)
Thanks Alle, i am glad to be back. And I wanted one we could all enjoy...and have it be the ending we want.

Return to “Emma-lee's Office”