Shannyn in "The Day"

r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Shannyn in "The Day"

Post by r1015bill »

Well, you can't say that Shannyn isn't out there working!

She tweeted that this movie will be showing at the Toronto Film Festival.
The Day Douglas Aarniokoski, USA World Premiere
In a post-apocalyptic future, an open war against humanity rages. Five survivors wander along rural back-roads, lost, starving and on the run. With dwindling food stocks and ammunition, an attempt at seeking shelter turns into a battleground where they must fight or die. Starring Ashley Bell, Dominic Monaghan and Shannyn Sossamon.
I found a trailer on their facebook page. If I find one that everyone can see, I'll come back and update here.

http://www.facebook.com/the.day.the.movie
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Shannyn in "The Day"

Post by allegrita »

:gasp: :chair: That is a very powerful trailer. :Mickangel:
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

This article makes it sound like most of us may have a chance of actually seeing the movie.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/09/toronto ... r-the-day/
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

That is great news! Now I just have to decide if I've got the guts to watch that movie. :confused2:
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

This movie just came out on DVD and I got it from Netflix.

It feels like a B movie horror flick. Very violent - it is about an unexplained apocalyptic world where people are now cannibalistic. It seems to be trying hard to be another "Night of the Living Dead".

The only actor I was impressed with of the main five was the other woman, Ashley Bell, whom I haven't seen before.

I think I've come to the conclusion that she either has weird standards of what are good projects OR she's now been typecast in the nondescript and not-so-bright woman role OR she just isn't trying to expand her range and takes what comes to her easily.

I will keep watching her work but I guess I'll expect to see the same character again and again.

Return to “Past Projects”