A Road Not Taken…Divergence and Convergence (PG-13)

A place for Librarian_7's G to PG-13 stories
maggatha3
Ancient

Re: A Road Not Taken…Divergence and Convergence (PG-13)

Post by maggatha3 »

He moved fast, coming again to the bedside of his beloved, taking in her white hair and lined face, the shallow rise and fall of her chest. He knew it was almost time, almost time for them to say a last goodbye. He cursed himself for the decision they’d made, long ago, to let her age, naturally, and come to this final end. She was right, she had been right, all those years ago. She could be, even now, the same vibrant young woman she had been in 1955. Maybe he was a coward. Maybe he should have taken the chance.

Amazing how this could have been Mick and Beth some decades from now, considering his feeling for turning somebody. And also , amazing how these rather different in their mentalities vampires have so much in common and how often their (not so) parallel universes cross. I wonder if Beth would still leave Mick alone in NY after this meeting...
He clasped her hand, taking some comfort from the faint pressure of her hand on his.
So much pain saying goodbye to the ones you love, and how often this should happen in a vampire long lifetime..

I admit that in the series Sarah made me look at Josef in a totally different way; keeping her human on his decision in this story brings a little of ...Mick in him and I love him even more..
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Thanks, AussieJo.

And, ah, maggatha, I see Josef is starting to exert his considerable charms on you...we predicted it would happen eventually! :teeth:

(And if you REALLY want to learn to love Josef, go to Lilly's office, and read "Point of Origin." Seriously.)

Lucky
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Oh, man.....you smacked him both ways.....
Poor, poor Josef.
Great alternative......what a patron for Mick to follow.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Yikes. I'm sure it would have been Josef, and not Mick, who took care of Martan if this had happened right at that terrible moment.

Interesting that Josef denied his natural instincts for love.. and that it was Mick, of all people, raising the notion of turning. Perhaps he just knows Josef too well ever to conceive that Josef would have passed up the chance for immortal love.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Lucky

It is interesting how a small change of a circumstance results in such an elemental shift from that point forward.

This would have changed so much!!!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Such a sad story. In some ways less sad than what really happened because he has decades of memories but he will have centuries of regret.
BlueEyedMonster
Fledgling

Post by BlueEyedMonster »

Having to live with our decisions can turn out so many ways I love your alternative view on SB.

Poignant and romantic and beautiful.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I happened on this story today, and I remembered how much I loved it. What an amazing alternate view of Josef and Sarah. :hearts: :sigh: :hug:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I keep coming back to this one. :rose: I wonder if Lucky ever told Trevor that she had written this wonderful twist of Sleeping Beauty? :chin: She did such a great job of keeping her version parallel to the original. :notworthy: It's fascinating to see such a (dare I say?) human incarnation of Josef. My opinion of Josef changed a lot after I watched the original; I would have been blown away by this version.

Return to “Librarian_7's Office”