Josh Lindsey

choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Josh Lindsey

Post by choccyterri »

Josh Lindsey, Beth Turner's love interest, with all the capability of being her hero, but not her guardian angel. That post had always been taken. :heart:

Played By Jordan Belfi, Josh appeared in the following episodes from the complete series :

Episode 2 : Out of the Past (Original Air Date: 5 October 2007)
Episode 3 : Dr. Feelgood (Original Air Date: 12 October 2007)
Episode 4 : Fever (Original Air Date: 19 October 2007)
Episode 5 : Arrested Development (Original Air Date: 26 October 2007)
Episode 6 : B.C. (Original Air Date: 2 November 2007)
Episode 10: Sleeping Beauty (Original Air Date: 14 December 2007)
Episode 11: Love Lasts Forever (Original Air Date: 11 January 2008)

and even has a beautiful song for his eventual demise, at the hands of the evil Tejada's henchman.

http://youtu.be/pDeCSIfW2TU

In My Opinion Josh's character's only flaw was that he wasn't Mick. Beth and Mick's connection is undisputable, but had they never met, Josh would have been perfect for her, her love of excitement drawing her to him naturally. Of course, that would never explain her crashing into his car. ' To insurance adjusters. ' :hug: We could see that their relationship was failing by the time he died. One wonders how it would have ended if it hadn't been cut short. :heart:

________________________________________________________________________________

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: Josh Lindsey

Post by Lilly »

I can't believe we didn't have a Josh thread! Image

Thank you so much for starting this, Terri! :hug: :rose: It was long overdue.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

My gosh...yes, it is time Josh had a thread of his own.

And Josh, what a great guy....really, he was. I hated that they had to kill him off.

Lucky
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Terri, thank you so much for giving Josh a thread. He certainly deserves one, and you've done a wonderful job of introducing him. :hearts:

If I'd just woken from a bad dream, it would be nice to have Josh to cuddle me and make me feel better.

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

One thing that has always struck me is how poorly Josh was lit on the show. I once tried to pull some clips for a video and quickly discovered that almost all of the Josh shots were dark and unflattering. I have to believe it was intentional. Even in the scene in Fever in Mick's kitchen where Mick and Beth positively glowed, Josh was dark and indistinct. :sigh:

I do like these two, though. :happysigh:

Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Totally agree.

Josh was a total sweetie, but he was written two dimensionally while we got to hear what Mick was thinking and feeling in those lovely voiceovers.

Add those lovely voiceovers to the chemistry between AOL and SM and put that up against the dark lighting, and clear signs that the D.A.'s romance with Beth was being eclipsed and Josh didn't have a chance.

He was a really, really great guy though. Just not the right guy for Beth.

Jenna
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

:ghug: No worries Lovelies. I really enjoyed it. :chin: And yes! Now that I think of it, apart from the publicity pics for the show, I agree! His lighting was never meant to bring him to the fore was it?? :happysigh: I know that I've heard from so many people who have met him, what a classically handsome man he is. It's such a shame that his character didn't get a happy ending. What would have happened if he'd hung around and fought for his girl, would have been such an interesting part to the tale, I think. But anyways! Happy to add to the board. :hearts:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
:highfive:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Carol, thank you for posting this. I love these new (to me, anyway) pics!! :flowers:
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

You know what I love? That the show didn't have Josh be a jerkhead. Beth clearly has AMAZING taste in men and it showed through her choices of Josh and Mick. Usually on TV, the heroine has a jerky boyfriend so that you can clearly justify her actions of falling for someone else or cheating (whatever they decide to do) and in the case of ML, they didn't do that and I appreciate that soooooo much. :ysmile:
*Christy*

jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Totally agree about the decision to portray Josh as a fabulous guy and wonderful to Beth being a good move.

While anyone can be fooled (case in point, Baby Mick and Coraline), Beth being with a great guy tells us that she is careful and intelligent about who she chooses to have a relationship with. Also, as captivated as she was by the enigmatic Mick, she was loyal to Josh.

We all have different takes on how it would have gone had Josh not been killed at the end of LLF, but most of us agree that she and Josh would ultimately have ended it.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

:hug: Hello lovelies.... :hankie: Just another one of those what if's Jen. Who knows how hard Josh would have fought for his Beth?? How involved in Mick's world or work he might have become. How could they have fit Talbot into the story with his list?? :mdrama: So many unanswered questions. :hankie:

― Marcus Aurelius.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Everyone gets to benefit from the gallery, right?

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Poor Josh... he was so brave.

Return to “Moonlight Supporting Characters”