Insomnia 2 PG Mick/Coraline

A place for jen's G to PG-13 stories
maggatha3
Ancient

Re: Insomnia 2 PG Mick/Coraline

Post by maggatha3 »

yeah, my thoughts were like that Jenna,too. Was it a trap, was it for real? I even thought that Beth wouldn't stay in the car in this case too, especially in this case, and could follow him. That 2nd season would have so much potential...So, are you up to it already? :winky:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

I wish.

There were so many details left to be explored, some not directly addressed in what we saw. Ones that fall into the, how would vampires react to this... or how would vampirism play into that...

The writers on this show would have a lot of room to play had that second, third, fourth and fifth seasons come about, as they should have.

One of the stupidest decisions of all time...

Just my opinion, of course.

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Well, I was sort of suggesting...Jenna... you might...:bulb:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

It's my plan to continue with attempting to write fanfic.

Hopefully, some improvement will occur in the process, but I still have a long way to go before I can equal some of the wonderful writers around here.
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

Hey Jenna!

A very interesting look at the start of Mick and Coraline's marriage. Of course being the MickBeth shipper I am, I rarely give Coraline the benefit of the doubt, but in this, even in her selfish mode, her willingness to "compromise" with Mick about the bottled blood and accept the fact that he would try to adjust for the long haul of their eternal marriage made my heart not so hard when it came to her here. However, the fact that she used his dependence on her because she was his sire rather than admitting that it was not just love for her he was feeling puts her right on that fence again. I couldn't have read a better line than the one where she told Mick she was going to introduce him to Josef, and thus, his savior.

Honestly, sometimes just the thought of Coraline alone makes me lose sleep!
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Moonlighter

I, too, favor Mick and Beth together.

Coraline made a lot of really terrible decisions about Mick. I can't think of much that she did that worked out well, except maybe kidnap Beth. That worked out well for Mick and Beth, and for us--as otherwise we wouldn't have had a show. Also, if she hadn't Turned Mick, he would never have met Beth. Didn't work out very well for Coraline, though.

In the brief story arc before Coraline's departure prior to the final four episodes, the brief look we got at her could be interpreted as someone who had learned from her mistakes and changed. Then again, it could have been an elaborate ruse. There is evidence on both sides.

Thanks for reading and commenting!

Jenna
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Coraline is trying so hard to figure out how to help Mick here. It's such a hard adjustment for both of them. I actually like the idea that bottled blood first came from Coraline out of desperation but it is a sire's job to make sure the fledgling survives.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Cassy

Thank you so much for reading this old piece!

Coraline never was my favorite character. Heck, she wasn't in the top five but fifteen of the sixteen episodes we saw on screen painted her very negatively and when they didn't, events were very much open to interpretation.

She still made a lot of mistakes with Mick, but in her own way she did love him and he did stay married to her for thirty three years. Manipulative? Sure. Selfish? Absolutely. But even given that, she didn't entirely botch the job. Mick stayed alive and he became a really great guy and an asset to the vampire community, to boot!

In the second or third season, we may have been shown that Beth isn't the crusader for truth and justice that we saw her to be in the first season and Coraline was not the devil incarnate.

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:

Return to “jen's Office”