Jealousy - A Kylie Jenkins Freshie Story (PG) Chapter 2

MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Jealousy - A Kylie Jenkins Freshie Story (PG) Chapter 2

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Disclaimer: I do not own Moonlight or any of its characters.
Rating: PG
Characters: Josef, Mick, Beth and my OCs Kylie Jenkins and Savannah.
A/N: This is a sequel to Fresh from the Farm and Follow That Freshie. I recommend reading at least "Fresh from the Farm" (a one-shot) before "Jealousy." It will make a lot more sense that way!

Thank you dear Lorig for the support and boost of confidence. And of course for being my idea bouncer.

Special thanks to darkstarrising for the plot bunny. In a comment to "Fresh from the Farm" she asked if the other girls were jealous. Hmm...

Jealousy

Chapter 2

“Finally,” Savannah said out loud to herself. For two hours she had been sitting in her parked car, waiting for Josef to leave the club. Two hours letting the jealousy and envy fester and grow. Two hours going over all the “if only” scenarios until she had totally convinced herself that losing her job was all Kylie’s fault. That Kylie owed her. And if Josef doesn’t want me, then he shouldn’t be able to have Kylie either. Somehow, she would make Kylie lose her job, too.

As soon as Josef sped away from the club, Savannah started her car and followed. The bright red Ferrari was easy to spot in the early dawn light, and enough commuters were already on their way to work that it wasn’t obvious she was following him. She dropped farther behind when he entered Hollywood Hills, and then she slowly cruised the last street he turned onto, looking at each gated drive. Up ahead she just glimpsed a gate closing. As she drove past, she saw the red Ferrari pull into the garage. Aha! Now I have you Kylie.

MLMLMLMLML

Every afternoon for the next week Savannah staked out Josef’s house from a safe distance. Freshies would leave for a few hours, always in groups of three or four, however she had yet to see Kylie. She also saw Josef leave for work at the same time every day. She could practically set her watch by him. At last, on Saturday afternoon, she saw Kylie leave with just one other girl.

She followed them to an area “on the other side of the tracks”, as her mother used to say and was surprised to see them pull into the parking lot of a homeless shelter. Savannah was even more surprised when she saw the two young women take a large bag of apples and a box of groceries out of their car and carry them into the back door of the building. Hmm…I wonder what Mr. Kostan would have to say about his darling freshies hanging out down here? She was sure she had found some leverage to use against Kylie.

She waited several hours until Kylie and her friend came back out into the parking lot. They were busy chatting with a man and woman who had come outside with them. A couple, she presumed, since they were holding hands. The man fit “tall, dark and handsome” to a tee; his companion was an attractive blond. They all stood talking in the parking lot for several minutes before going to their separate cars. Savannah watched Mr. Handsome hold open the door of a vintage Mercedes Benz for the blond.

Now, if I can just get Kylie alone.

She didn’t see Kylie leave Josef’s mansion again until the following Saturday. Again, Kylie and another girl drove to the mission and carried food inside. Mr. Handsome arrived in his Benz again, without the blond this time. And a few hours later, they all left. Savannah decided this would be the best place to try and get Kylie by herself. Sooner or later it would happen. She would give up watching Josef’s mansion, and stake out the homeless shelter on Saturdays instead.

MLMLMLMLML

Kylie brought a tray with juice and toast into Taylor’s room. “Here you go, honey. Try to eat something.”

Taylor sneezed and blew her nose as she struggled to sit up in bed. “Thanks, Kylie. I’m sorry I won’t be able to go to the mission today. Can someone else go with you?”

“Everyone not on rotation is out shopping today. But don’t you worry about it - I’ll be fine by myself. I used to go alone all the time.” She set the tray across Taylor’s lap and adjusted her pillow. “Besides, I’m sure Mick will be there. You just get some rest and you’ll be better in no time.” Taylor gave her a weak smile before sneezing again. “I’ll look in on you when I get back.”

“You’re so sweet, Kylie. Thanks.” Kylie smiled and waved good bye, quietly shutting the door behind her.

She had just finished putting the week’s grocery donation into the car and was climbing into the driver’s seat when her phone rang. She smiled as she saw Beth’s number. “Hey Beth! I’m just ready to leave. Are you coming with Mick today?”

“Hey, Kylie. No, I’m not. That’s why I’m calling you. Mick isn’t going to be able to make it today either. He’s finishing up a big case that took longer than he expected, and I’m helping with the paperwork. We’re sorry to bail on you hon,” she said apologetically.

“No problem! Don’t give it another thought. I’ll see you next week, then?”

“Count on it! Bye.”

“Bye, Beth.” Kylie hung up and backed out of Josef’s driveway, humming along to the radio.

MLMLMLMLML

Savannah couldn’t believe her luck! Kylie had actually shown up alone this time, and the Benz was nowhere to be seen. She almost got out of the car right then to confront Kylie, but thought better of it. People inside the kitchen might wonder where she was and come outside to look for her. It would be much better to wait until afterward, when the do-gooder wouldn’t be missed. Besides, “Mr. Handsome” might just be running a little late.

A few hours later people started leaving from the back door of the mission. Finally Kylie came outside and headed for her car in the parking lot. Savannah pasted a smile on her face and approached her. “Kylie! Hello!” she called as she waved.

Kylie had opened her car door and thrown her purse onto the front seat when she looked up to see who had called her name. “Oh my gosh, Savannah!” Kylie was so surprised and was genuinely glad to see her friend. They shared a brief hug. “What are you doing down here?”

“Is this where you work now?” Savannah asked innocently, standing close to Kylie.

Kylie started to laugh as she turned to look back at the mission building. “Here? No, I just volunteer here. I have a new job… OW!” she yelped. Savannah had grabbed her pony tail and yanked her head back.

“I know all about your fancy new job as a private freshie,” she hissed into Kylie’s ear. “Not that you bothered to call and tell me, or recommend me like I recommended you to be a freshie in the first place.” She yanked harder. “What do you think your rich Mr. Kostan in his fancy designer suits will say when he finds out you spend your Saturdays down here mingling with the great unwashed dregs of society?” Kylie was wincing from the pain and her eyes had started to water. “Maybe he’ll fire you like he got me fired from The Moonlight Club!”

“Jo…Josef already knows I work here,” Kylie managed to say through clenched teeth. “He gives me food to bring down here.”

Savannah’s rage exploded. “LIAR!” she shouted, just as Kylie stomped on her foot. Savannah screamed in pain and let go of Kylie’s hair. Kylie turned towards the open door of her car and tried to climb in but Savannah grabbed her arm and pulled her back out. They struggled as Kylie tried to break free. Savannah hauled her arm back and swung her fist with all her might at Kylie’s face. The impact spun Kylie around and she hit her forehead on the edge of the car door. In slow motion Savannah watched her bounce off the door and crumple to the ground, hitting the back of her head on the broken concrete of the parking lot.

Savannah stood panting, staring down at the motionless woman lying on the ground, blood already pooling under her head. Then the panic set in. “Oh my god! Oh my god!” She quickly glanced around to see if anyone was looking. Bending down she was relieved to find Kylie still had a pulse. Shit! What am I going to do now? I can’t just leave her here! She looked at her own car parked across the street. I’ll never be able to drag her that far. She decided to take Kylie’s car instead. Besides, she reasoned as she wrapped her sweater around Kylie’s bleeding head, it will only attract attention if her car is found abandoned here. She struggled to lift Kylie’s unconscious body into the car and quickly drove away.

To be continued
Last edited by MickLifeCrisis on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
eris
Sire

Re: Jealousy - A Kylie Jenkins Freshie Story (PG) Chapter 2

Post by eris »

:sigh:

Stupid freshie, thinking J doesn't know where his catering staff goes.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

What eris said. And boy, is Mr. K gonna be irked when he finds out what Savannah's done. That girl may have a date with the depths of La Brea...

Lucky
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Ya think? :snicker:

Thanks eris and Lucky! More on Thursday night!

:thanks:
MickLifeCrisis
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

O my, jealousy is indeed a green eyed monster!! Savannah isn't thinking clearly, in fact, she's not thinking at all....

What is she going to do when Kylie wakes up.....Kylie does wake up, doesn't she?

And yeah, Josef isn't going to be very happy at all with Savannah...

On to read the next chapter!!!
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, man!!! I've missed a bunch of chapters, so I'm going to go to the next one right away... :hyper2:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Did Savannah even think so far as to a) how she would tell Josef if she had no chance to approach him, b) that telling Kylie about this would not really work in Savannah's favor?
Did she really think Kylie would pee her pants in fear of what Savannah could do to her?
:snicker:
I guess her days are counted now.
Poor Kylie.
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

:gasp: Jealousy has driven Savannah crazy! Her deranged behaviour proves that she is not cut out to be a freshie. :no:

Kylie, on the other hand, is so sweet, volunteering at the homeless shelter. Savannah may have introduced her to the freshie world, but she's not the reason Kylie was chosen to be one of Josef's private freshies.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next! I hope that Kylie is okay, and that Josef deals with Savannah. :fingerscrossed:

Thank you, MLC! :flowers:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Micklifecrisis

Savannah started out going downhill and she is picking up speed!

I hope Kylie is all right.

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

jen wrote: Savannah started out going downhill and she is picking up speed!
I like that description! :thumbs:

Thanks for finding my story and giving it a read, Jenna! I hope you like it! :flowers:
MickLifeCrisis

Return to “Jealousy”