My Vampire Heart (In Between 13 and 14, PG13)

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: My Vampire Heart (In Between 13 and 14, PG13)

Post by allegrita »

Ohhhh.... :hearts:
Hmmm. I suppose it would not fit anywhere in between, but I must admit that I've had this image of Mick bottle raising a newborn kitten, carrying it around in his pocket to feed it every hour. . .
I expect he would be a happier vampire if he could have a cat!
Yes, he would be. And that image just makes me all warm and happy. :kitten:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

jen wrote:Oh, Shadow

This was Gorgeous!

This is another one of those occasions where, if I were to highlight and quote every part I really liked I would just insert the entire fic, so consider it inserted.
What a lovely compliment, Jenna! I'll consider it all inserted. :biggrin: Thanks so, so much.
jen wrote:This is so deliciously multilayered with characters from other episodes--Bonnie, Travis and even an introductory email from Tierney Taylor--and wonderful original characters like Esme, Elaine and Chloe, you lay the groundwork for what will happen in other episodes--like Mick's facebook page that Josef commented on in Click.

Mick's dream of Beth wrapped in a comforter with him in his freezer, sharing his space was a fabulous tidbit. I know that most folks have written off 'smell the past and glimpse the future' but that is exactly where my mind went.
I'm so glad you've liked having all these other characters layered into it! I couldn't resist bringing Bonnie and Travis back, or introducing Tierney with Mick's Facebook page.

I did love that image of the "alternate Sonata ending" with Beth sharing Mick's space in the freezer. Such a perfect way to show her acceptance of him. I thought it would be nice if Mick could at least get to dream about it . ;)
jen wrote:You know, of course, that once you have written these amazing 'between' stories, you can drop into each episode and write many more.
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: I had not thought of that . . .
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

francis wrote:I love this chapter. Poor Mick is so confused, he's "in between". I love that Bonnie visited, and Elaine bonded with her. So many symbols of what Mick lost, the cat fleeing him, the food going to waste, the bed uncomfortable now.
I really laughed when Bonnie made him the facebook page and it was the way Tierney found him. Such a great way to connect the dots.
And Beth - the kiss and their tentative words to make things all right. Swoon.
Thanks so much francis, I'm glad you liked this one! I had a lot of fun having Bonnie work on that Facebook page, and Elaine getting to know her over that. And it was such a great opportunity to introduce Tierney. And I am glad that you liked having Mick and Beth meet in between; it was the only way I could really explain the change in mood between them from FTP to Click.
francis wrote:Your story is such an awesome director's cut of the show.
Wow, francis! What a compliment! Director's cut . . . I shouldn't say so, but I do love the sound of that . . . . :devil:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Shadow wrote:
wpgrace wrote:Only 2 more to go? Or will you do one for after 16 too? Too pushy? Too greedy? :blushing: :biggrin:
Hmmm. Alle asked about that too a while back. I still haven't really decided, though I've given it a lot of thought since she asked . . .
(Am I right that you'd be in favor of a post-16 story, Grace?) :giggle:
Well, first of all to Alle... :highfive:

And... um... hells yeah. :biggrin:
IF you find you got something to say about it... which... :fingerscrossed:
(You can't blame us all for hoping, right? :smooch: )

But in whatever case, reallllllllllllllly looking forward to the next 2, cuz the Final Four reallllllllllllllly need that Shadow touch. :cloud9:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Don't they JUST. :twothumbs:
(And :highfive: right back at ya.)
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

wpgrace wrote:cuz the Final Four reallllllllllllllly need that Shadow touch.
allegrita wrote:Don't they JUST.
Awww . . . :happysigh: now you've made me not want to leave Sonata threads dangling if I can help it.
And now that I'm plotting this part out, it looks like it will actually be easier to write a post-16 story than try to wrap things up in 15-16, soooo . . .
That's my current plan!
We'll see what happens when I actually get there. ;)
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

:hyper2:

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Mick's moment of collapse is still so utterly heartbreaking, but then, by the end of the story, you've found a way to get us to the beginning of Click, via a beautiful, beautiful kiss and a resolution to those harsh rooftop words of Beth's.

Every chapter in this series has some amazing and wonderful features, but I am so awed by how you've managed to negotiate such a difficult transition here. Really, really brilliantly done.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

redwinter101 wrote:Every chapter in this series has some amazing and wonderful features, but I am so awed by how you've managed to negotiate such a difficult transition here.
This transition on the show drove me crazy . . . it had to be dealt with! :giggle:
It was so bizarre seeing Click begin with a comic car chase and a Mick who was already completely adapted to his vampire state again.
I really couldn't deal with this without imagining what surely must have come before . . .
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

Shadow, this is a masterpiece! :notworthy:
He’d given up everything for her, she knew what being human had meant to him . . . why had she thrown his immortality back at him that way? Why had she walked away from him? He could still feel her hand pulling free of his, her warm grip suddenly gone, leaving him holding nothing. Leaving him alone.
I was just about crying for Mick while reading this. :hankie: :hankie: You did such a good job of describing his emotions, and everything he was going through.

I'm so glad that Elaine came to comfort Mick. She really is a good friend. The advice she gave Mick was excellent.

It was great that you brought Bonnie and Travis into this chapter, and gave them plausible futures. :twothumbs: I wish that Travis had been able to trust and get along with vampire Mick. Travis's fear of Mick would have been another reminder for Mick that his days as a human were over. :Mickangel:

The flashback to teenaged Beth was fantastic. The way you wove Beth's memories of that night into the story was genius. I think that Beth's mom also thought of Mick as Beth's guardian angel. She called him years later because she needed his help again. Mick's efforts to appear older were very clever.

Mick's dream about Beth and the freezer was lovely! :happysigh: I'm so glad that Mick told Beth about his freezer. He needs to open up to her if their relationship is going to work. As Elaine said,
“It matters the world to you, whether you’re vampire or human – but it doesn’t matter to her. All she sees is you. Whatever you are.”
:yes: Hopefully, Mick will listen.

This chapter leads perfectly into Click. It is so cute that Bonnie and Elaine made Mick a Facebook page. :laugh: That was a perfect way to introduce Tierney.
No regrets. Vampire or not, I’m going to be part of this world. I’m going to take a step forward.

Into the light.
Such a beautiful ending! :flowers: This decision will change all aspects of Mick's life, hopefully for the better. I really hope he continues to visit Rosemary. Like Beth, she accepts Mick for who, and what, he is.

Thank you! :rose:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Hi Marigold - hopefully this was a little easier to read than the last chapter! :laugh:

In the series it was so strange to me to not see any of Mick's anguish over losing his humanity, or over those last words Beth said to him in FTP. I'm glad you liked having that put in!

It's so great that you liked having Bonnie and Travis brought back - I had gotten pretty fond of both of them on FTP - and I'm so pleased to know that you liked the flashback! I wanted to find some explanation in Beth's past for why she would have walked away from Mick like that.
Marigold wrote: I think that Beth's mom also thought of Mick as Beth's guardian angel.
I think so too. It seems like she would always turn to him and seek his help if Beth was in trouble.
Marigold wrote:It is so cute that Bonnie and Elaine made Mick a Facebook page. :laugh:
I had been wondering just where that Facebook page came from, when Josef mentioned it in Click!

Thanks soooo much for the wonderful comment!

Return to “In Between”