Alex's Photo Shoot with Aussie GQ Style Magazine Cover!!!

JKsGirl
Fledgling

Re: Alex's Photo Shoot with Aussie GQ Style Magazine Cover!!

Post by JKsGirl »

jmc wrote::cloud9: I'm absolutely blissful seeing the pecs tats again! They cover them so well on 5-0 I had feared for their continued existence.
Yup, the gecko lives!! :yahoo:

I was really worried that he'd had them lasered. Kudos to the H50 make-up person for covering them up so well - they have one of the best jobs ever!!

And thank you to the photographer for GQ :hearts: That Contents Page' pic is magnificent - lovely to see that trail of tummy hair :brow:

Without the dark we would never see the stars.
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

I knew he hadn't had those pec tats lasered off.

maggatha, I've read that article several times now, and I guess I just don't see the negativity in it. The interviewer was tough on Alex, but I'm glad he was - I learned a few things about him I didn't know before. I thought it was refreshing after some of the ridiculous American interviews I've heard.

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

No writer who refers to Three Rivers' reviews as "decent" can be considered negative. :giggle:

But seriously, I think the difference from many other interviews is that it seems like it was a feature writer rather than a TV hack, someone who's interested in digging a little deeper - and whether you think he did a good job or not, just answer me this, "How did you feel about Alex after reading this interview?"

I felt like I knew a lot more about him AND got confirmation (if any were needed) that he's as close to perfect as our species can manage. So, job done.

Red :heart:

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

I feel that he proved he is as beautiful on the inside as he is on the outside.
I think I kinda like this guy. :heart: :hearts: :heart: :hearts: :heart: :hearts:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

redwinter101 wrote:just answer me this, "How did you feel about Alex after reading this interview?"
That's exactly it, Red - and thank you for summing it up better than I was able to. I came away from that article knowing just a little bit more and loving him a whole LOT more. I learned more about his struggles as a child (which made me want to hug him) and that he's VERY closed-mouthed about his family and personal life (which made me respect him even more). I learned he gets mad when he's provoked, but he's classy about it.

I don't want to constantly read about how wonderful Alex is - I KNOW that. I want to know more about what makes the man tick, and this article did a pretty good job of it.

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Hmmmmm... Writers.
You all put things so very very well. :clapping:

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Well... I have difficulty forgiving that writer for calling Moonlight bad names. But other than that, I agree that the interviewer did a good job of getting information out of Alex in such a way that he revealed a lot of wonderful things about himself, without revealing the things he was not willing to talk about. I'm satisfied. But I do know what you mean, maggatha. It was pretty rough in places, and I think the guy raised Alex's hackles more than once. (I'm saying "guy" in a generic way, although I suspect that the interviewer was a man, from the tone of the article... plus, I'm not sure Alex would use that word I hate when talking directly to a woman.)
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Sorry, out for a while, but glad to find your opinions about the article. I said previously that Alex's quotes were as perfect as they can get. Best part of the whole thing. I am for one sure that in some more superficial interviews ,still Alex gives the best of himself, being funny and serious in proper doses..still opening up the parts of himself he chooses, cause he is clever enough to saveguard the important, which I will not say for many other big or small stars of acting. The part that I did not like is he uses strong expressions considering his previous jobs as a string of disasters, and the quote he used for Moonlight even was a bit -or more ridiculous.I also think it was a man asking the questions, what woman would treat Alex with the least of tenderness.... :cloud9:
Still, I am ready to drop the subject for good, just forgive me , I am so new in the In-Love-with-Alex situation :blushing: ...I do not want anyone even implying anything negative. :no:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

I would like to think, given this is International Women's Day, that a female magazine reporter would be as tough, professional and in-depth as a man would be, Alex or no Alex. And I suppose those "in the business" would see Three Rivers, Moonlight and BUP as "disasters", even if we didn't.

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

maggatha, no worries, sweetpea. Every day is a new day to fall in love. :hearts: :hearts: Some of the things I've read about Alex in the past have made me indescribably furious, but this one didn't because it felt like the writer was trying to find out about Alex - it didn't feel like he was trying to tear him down. But I think we all understand that urge to feel just a little protective of our guy.

(And Brendan is definitely a bloke.)

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

I also think that some of the harsh language judging Alex's previous work is that ML, TR, and BUP all did worse in OZ than they did in the US.

ML lasted its full (albeit strike-shortened) season here; it was canned after a few eps in OZ. TR made it 8 eps here, only 1 in OZ. And BUP was not a huge hit, but it did ok here, less well in OZ.

So from the POV of an Aussie journalist, Brendan likely represented the local truth. And he's writing for an Aussie audience, ignorant of the international Alex fandom who are judging HIM! :cheer:

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

That's an excellent point, grace. I can see how Alex's career would look different from that perspective. Still, "disaster" is a really strong word. :roll:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

well, girls, if .... if Alex were Greek :cloud9: , and if he were more succesful in the US/ or elsewhere than here, and if...I were the one to interview him :cloud9: , I would not even think of calling his jobs a string of disasters. I mean , come on, it is impolite :banghead: , anyway you look at it even if it had been totally catastrophic. Then, why do the CBS guys believe in him so much? I would like to see the interviewer's first jobs then, was he a ''hit''? Sorry, I have a thing for reporters and a kind of different think for Alex. And , sorry in the case that we have a reporter among us, don't take it personal. I just.... oh, don't get me started...again. I already said I will drop it, besides I too love the whole of the interview and how wonderful Alex is proved to be once again. Just, if I were Australian, I 'd be proud of him!
-It never ends well...
-Never?
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Lilly wrote:That's an excellent point, grace. I can see how Alex's career would look different from that perspective. Still, "disaster" is a really strong word. :roll:
Well, one would have hoped that in doing his homework for the interview, Brendan MIGHT have noticed ML's international "cult following", as well as Alex's rather healthy fan base, given his string of "disasters". :laugh:

But I do wonder how cognizant Brendan was of having many American fans critiquing his critique. :2eyes:

I also kinda wonder how many of us there really are... We're a force on the 'net, but not so much with tv ratings... So :shrug:

And Maggatha, I hear you... We have long been puzzled by his lack of stardom at home. If that man was my homie I'd be praising him from the rooftops. Hmmmm... I mean more than I do now... :blushing: :biggrin:

maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Thank you , grace, thanks. My thoughts exactly :smooch: Then , I would be over the edge...totally. But, here in Greece I am so lonely...( I hope things will change drastically when they air Hawaii 5-0 ).I thank god, to have you, all moonlightaholics to share my thoughts.
-It never ends well...
-Never?

Return to “Pictures of Alex”