A place for jen's G to PG-13 stories
jen
Cleaner

Guillermo (short) Rated: G Pairing: none

Post by jen »

Guillermo (short)

Rating: G

Pairing: None

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

They all think I work for them.

Humans...vampires, it doesn‘t matter.

Not many of us walk this razor‘s edge between the two worlds--living in one and pretending to be a part of the other, too.

Don't get me wrong, in ways it's a good arrangement. I fill an important place in the human world and have a nice business on the side. Oh, I understand that what I sell will never get the raves the fresh stuff does, but it does the job and some vamps like Mick prefer it. As for me, I like the good stuff but it comes with complications I’d rather avoid, so I too developed a taste for what's…easier to obtain.

There are other benefits, too. The air conditioning down here's world class and I am like another line of defense: the Cleaner doesn’t catch everything before the cops get there.

It's meant I've been in the right place at the right time to drop a word in the right ear--generally, that ear belongs to Mick.

Mick's a good guy. I trust him. Now Kostan...Kostan scare's me. He scare's all the vamps a little, That's why he's the right vamp in his position. I just want to stay on his good side and out of La Brea. The real truth is, we all work for Kostan!
Last edited by jen on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Lucy
Ancient

Re: Guillermo (short) Rated: G Pairing: none

Post by Lucy »

I love when "G" speaks.......if only there had been more than 16 episodes to hear more background!

Great job of showcasing him.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Yeah... G. doesn't really work for them. He works them. Works the system. And quite nicely, too. :thumbs: And yet he's a genuinely good guy, someone you can trust. He's a good man to have in your corner, as Mick found out more than once. And he's got a wicked sense of humor. :brow:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Guillermo is one of my favorite secondary characters. You describe him so well. :hearts:
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

you've hit the nail on the head with that opening line. that just encapsulates it all about Guillermo, doesn't it. the man is cool.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Thanks, Lucy!

Guillermo was a very interesting character--very distinctive when it would have been very easy for the character to have degenerated into cliche.

I totally agree that we should have heard from him more.

We should have heard from all of them a lot more.

Thanks for reading and commenting!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Alle

Absolutely. I wish we had been given the opportunity to hear some of Guillermo's history.

The younger vampires would bemoan things they missed about being human or engage in pursuits that were attached to their humanityh (like Gerald Stofsky and his pork buns and Logan and his guitar hero) but we never saw anything like that from Guillermo, making me wonder about his age.

Thanks for reading and commenting. You are very kind!

Jenna

jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Francis

Thank you so much!

You are always so very kind and encouraging. I can't tell you how I appreciate your kind words!

Jenna

jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Luxe

Totally agree.

Guillermo was one of those people with the professional competence that made those around him quickly come to depend on him, coupled with a talent for 'fading into the background' from time to time--talents that made him especially valuable exactly where he was.

I wish we had more details about his background.

Thanks so much for reading and leaving such a wonderful comment.

Jenna

maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

I like Guillermo so much and his interaction with Mick in ML was always so refreshing. You have made me see the vamp line of defense through his eyes : the Cleaner, Guillermo and Mick are to safeguard the secret. Add Beth, and you have the perfect recipe, I'd say.. :laugh:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Maggatha :wave:

Thanks! I like Guillermo, too. He is so comfortable in his role, so unobtrusive that his value to the community is almost easy to miss. Just because he tends to like a more low profile role does not make what he does any less important to the whole at all!

Appreciate you taking time to read and leave the lovely comment!

Jenna

Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

Very cool seeing the vamp world from Guillermo's perspective. His role in the community was very important, but also had to stay under the radar. He did walk a fine line between worlds and did it well.

I too wish we'd been able to learn more about Guillermo. That one line about him "hardly remembering anything when I was turned" was intriguing and begged for further exploration. Not surprisingly, I still miss this show so much. :sigh:
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Moonlighter

Me, too.

I really miss Moonlight :hankie:

Wasn't Guillermo a great character? Every one of the characters in this show was an absolute gem.

Thank you for reading and leaving the nice comment!!

Jenna

Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

What a great look at Guillermo! :hearts: He plays an important role in both the vampire world and the human world, and you've done a wonderful job of expanding on that.

Thank you, Jenna! :flowers:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Back for a re-read. And I love that this popped up on the same evening that Jacob gave us his five-word description of Guillermo. My dear, you nailed the "Guillermo according to Jacob" description. :thumbs: What better praise could there be than that?!? :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Return to “jen's Office”