You really wanna know? -- PG-13 - Champagne Challenge #125

A place for Luxe deLuxe's G to PG-13 stories
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Re: You really wanna know? -- PG-13 - Champagne Challenge #

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

hi cat, yes this is really very different in style to the stuff I usually write and I had a lot of fun fooling around with the form. I'm sure this kid has a very different relationship with the Big K than most of his other freshies.

hey, dsr. yeah, the horrors came from my speculation about why a girl might be ok with selling her blood, the thing that keeps her alive (!) on a regular basis. She definitely wants to get something back for her trouble. I secretly suspect all 'freshies' have a particular form of damage to their esteem, but I know that others have a completely different view, one that isn't predicated on that assumption.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
RangerCM
Rogue vampire

Post by RangerCM »

Wow, this is so different...... I love it! I like this style too. Not only does she have a attitude when it comes to her circumstances, but she has an attitude with her audience as well. Makes it fun to read :twothumbs:

Sooooo..... when do we get to read the rest?
banner by Cprav
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

Wow, Luxe -- this was fantastic! That soon-to-be-Freshie had a mission from jump, didn't she? And didn't falter for a minute. I loved her nicknames for Josef. The fact that she was able to share her tale is proof that she never called him any of them to his face. :snicker: I would love to hear more about this wondergirl.

:clapping:
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Hi Ranger :wave: I haven't seen you around for a bit... thanks for the read and review. So glad you liked this. Not sure I could do the story justice, so the little bit more I've written will remain in mothballs I think.

Hey Moonlighter... thank you so much! :hearts: Ha, ha.. I had fun with those nicknames... they just totally came from her 'voice', it was uncanny.
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Wow! Where have you been hiding this little gem? No fair sticking it in your office and out of the "view active" topic.

Our girl may be selling her blood, but she surely is not what the term freshie conjures in one's mind. I love the way she snarks her way through. You captured so well the brassy bravado of a young woman who has seen more than her years warrant. Well done. :twothumbs:
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Thanks, nm. :flowers:
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

:clapping: This was a fascinating look at the world of freshies. I really like this girl's voice, and how she uses her sense of humour to address the truth:
Luxe de Luxe wrote:It’s an issue of pride, okay. But I’m not lying about this. Why would I? I had a ten-year plan and a cashed up vampire was part of it.
:snicker:
Nicely done, Luxe! :rose:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Marigold wrote::clapping: This was a fascinating look at the world of freshies. I really like this girl's voice, and how she uses her sense of humour to address the truth:
Luxe de Luxe wrote:It’s an issue of pride, okay. But I’m not lying about this. Why would I? I had a ten-year plan and a cashed up vampire was part of it.
:snicker:
Nicely done, Luxe! :rose:
Thanks Marigold! :smooch: A sense of humor can be a lifesaver.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

This is such a brilliant story. This girl is a survivor in every sense of the word. There are so many destructive ways she could have escaped her difficult life, drugs....abusive men. Even though she is a damaged soul knowing she has a "special" type makes her feel worthwhile....even valued in a world of vampires. That gives her the first step in valuing herself since her parents never taught her how to do that. Even if the vampires "use" her she entered their world pro-actively instead of re-actively, it is the beginning of the healing process.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

What an empowering way of looking at her story, Carol!
BlueEyedMonster
Fledgling

Post by BlueEyedMonster »

Nice touch to the challenge. Just who will be taking advantage of who in the dark, mysterious world of vampires. Think Josef will have his hands full with this one.

Well done loved it!

Return to “Luxe deLuxe's Office”