The Cold -- PG-13 Challenge #124

A place for Luxe deLuxe's G to PG-13 stories
jen
Cleaner

Re: The Cold -- PG-13 Challenge #124

Post by jen »

Lux

First, let me start by saying this is wonderfully written--coldly logical and it would be very, very like Mick to act in this fashion.

That being said, you enjoy hurting us, don't you? You enjoy shredding our emotions and leaving us in a quivering mass of jelly with blood all over the floor.

I adore your writing, you know that. You have fabulous vision and are an artist with words, but you are cold.

Love you anyway, but you are cold... (continued next day after I had thought about it for a few hours)Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

It is now the next day and I have thought about it for a few hours and things don't look quite so bleak.

Beth Turner is a lot of things, but passive isn't one of them. First, she needs to realize what is going on, then she needs to decide if she wants her relationship with Mick to be The One or just one of those affairs she will look back fondly on years later after having moved on.

Personally, I don't think she would take well to being manipulated and the idea of Mick doing this to himself would just make her angry. She loves Mick. Has taken care of her for most of her life from a distance and I don't believe she is willing to return to that situation.

Insert fic where Beth talks to Josef about how to get Mick to bite her ('Deep Dark Forest' in Luxes other office).

Mick loves Beth, he is just being Mick here, but between Beth and Josef, he hasn't got a chance.

I feel better now.

You aren't so cold.

Thank you!

Jenna

Last edited by jen on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

This one was nothing but cold, Luxe, it was absolutely heartbreaking and also so unexpected..but always welcome :flowers:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Maggatha

I read Luxes wonderful fic, 'Deep Dark Forest' in her other office (the R/NC 17 one) before I read this fic, and it made me feel much, much better.

Just sayin

:yes: :biggrin: :yes:

jenna

Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

Oh this was heartbreaking. I feel that Simone is crying a little for herself as well as Beth at the end. And it's just like Mick to protect Beth from something she probably doesn't want to be protected from. But in my happy little MickBeth world, I am reminded of other fics where it was written that Mick "leeched" warmth from a very human Beth, so -- problem solved! But alas, that's in my happy place and after reading something as wrenching as this, that's where my mind goes.

Nice job!
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

I came back for a re-read Luxe...and just got the same old feeling that somebody dragged me out of my :cloud9: Mickbeth light blue cloud and threw me in the mist of doubt and loneliness..and cold..and pain...thank god it is spring, I ll come back in the summer..see how it fits then.. :chin:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Luxe

Just came back to reread this wonderful, tragic tale.

You have given us a heartbreaking exposition on Mick's words, "it never ends well."

So sad. Beautifully written, but...

I need some nice, warm MickBeth now.

Off to look...
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Thanks, jen! ... and thankyou for always leaving a comment. :hug: .... and here's one for you too, maggatha! :hug:
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

:Mickangel: :hankie:

I don't know what made this one so sad - the subject matter, or the matter-of-factness of it all. Probably a bit of both.

I completely agree with your depiction of Mick. He would rather suffer alone than make Beth addicted to him. I wish he weren't so noble and selfless...

Luxe: Thank you! This was amazing! :flowers: :smooch:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Marigold wrote::Mickangel: :hankie:

I don't know what made this one so sad - the subject matter, or the matter-of-factness of it all. Probably a bit of both.

I completely agree with your depiction of Mick. He would rather suffer alone than make Beth addicted to him. I wish he weren't so noble and selfless...

Luxe: Thank you! This was amazing! :flowers: :smooch:
Yeah, this was meant as a gut-punch. And that comes from the fact that Mick is all noble and selfless and would never do anything to harm Beth. Thanks for reading.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

This is such a sad story. It's very possible and while I do write "happy" freshies but that's because they are in the middle of the experience or the one in a million who becomes the fairy princess. Life after freshiedom must be hard, how do you go back to the way things were before you were touched by fangs. Mick is so noble here.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

cassysj wrote:This is such a sad story. It's very possible and while I do write "happy" freshies but that's because they are in the middle of the experience or the one in a million who becomes the fairy princess. Life after freshiedom must be hard, how do you go back to the way things were before you were touched by fangs. Mick is so noble here.
thanks cassy. this must have been a bit of a hard read, given my bleak view of the 'freshie' condition.

PS. hope you're okay and not too storm damaged where you are. :comfort2:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

So glad to see this pop back up on Active Topics.

Exceptional fics make an impression and this was definitely one of those. The logic here is impeccable and heartbreaking. So very true to the characters we saw on screen. Mick would do something like this, knowing what is meant for both of them. Simone struck me as very comfortable in that role in both human and vampire society, privy to information that Beth didn't yet know.

Taken alone, this leads to a very sad and solitary place.

Cold, indeed--but beautifully written.

Thank you!

Jenna

Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

This story is masterfully written, Luxe. :notworthy: It hit me just as hard as it did during my last read. I love how matter-of-fact and practical it is.

Having the girls in front of a mirror, putting on lipstick and fixing hair, was a nice touch.

:rose:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

thanks jen and Marigold. I re-read this to reply to you both, and hell.... it is pretty hard going isn't it? Especially when you think of what Mick understands about the likely outcome between him and Beth. :Mickangel:

... glad you liked the little bathroom moment, Marigold. We girls really do a lot of talking in there. :yes:

Return to “Luxe deLuxe's Office”