FULL MOONLIGHT---Ch 29--The Morning After.

A place for lionsonleashes' G to PG-13 stories.
jen
Cleaner

Re: FULL MOONLIGHT---Ch 29--The Morning After.

Post by jen »

Finally made it back to reread this chapter.

It is interesting that in every reread I see new things, details that I missed the first few times through. Or maybe I just need to absorb the main focuses of any scene first and only later can appreciate the little details there.

Your characters are each so rich and multilayered!

While Claudia was often remote and cold, a trait reinforced by that sleek black leather suit and the tall black boots, she is showing an entirely different side here. Josef Kostan has exhibited depths hinted at but never truly explored to this degree.

Simone and April give us glimpses of humans in romantic relationships with Josef and Phelan, at some point along the line of falling in love with two individuals who are comfortable in their non-human conditions and their mutual decisions to make a positive impact on the world they touch.

Of course, I am anxious for the discussions that Beth will have with Mick and with Josef.

Just fabulous!

Thanks, Tricia!!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Vampires are very practical creatures and intensely loyal to those who are loyal to them.

It is so interesting to contrast how Claudia related to Beth before becoming a werewolfe to after the change. Claudia was so focused on the Tribe's welfare she was prepared to terminate Beth on the off chance that she could be a threat. Now that Beth has clearly demonstrated her abilities, not only has Claudia revised her decision to insist on Beth's death, but she is now a staunch ally.

There are a number of vampires who were acquainted with Beth before she became a werewolf either liked or merely tolerated her (Josef, Guillermo, Logan) and they like her now, as well. How the tribe will be impacted is the lens through which Claudia views everything, so now Beth is a very, very welcome addition.

This was just another wonderful detail you worked into this wonderful story!

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
OnceBitTwiceShy
Freelance freshie

Post by OnceBitTwiceShy »

Just checking in to see how Chapter 30 is coming along. We are all waiting here patiently.
tucutecats
Fledgling

Post by tucutecats »

great chapter, lovely to see a continuatuion of this story, :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Back for a reread. I love to revisit favorite stories. Claudia is such a cool character. She doesn't have to apologize very often, but she does it well. And she had very good reasons for apologizing to Beth - not just because she had been wrong, but because in apologizing, she could show Beth her value to the Tribe. It might not have sunk in yet, but it will help. She's doing preliminary work to prepare Beth to be able to hear what Mick and Josef (and Phelan) have to say.

I was also struck by Logan's reaction to Beth's scent. Knowing that she's now eaten human flesh has to be a big shock to him. Beth is scary, and an unpredictable quantity. Nobody really knows what she's capable of. But seeing Claudia's calm in her presence must be a help to him. And Logan's loyalty to Mick, especially, will add to his loyalty to Beth. He might be a little worried, but I don't fear that he will lose faith in her. Maybe he'll just always know where the door is when he's in the same room with her. :laugh:

I love this story, Lions, and I'm really excited to see where you take us next. And I hope Mick and Beth get a chance to do a lot of snuggling and a lot of talking. They both need that. :hearts: :comfort2:
lionsonleashes
Freelance freshie

Post by lionsonleashes »

Thanks Alle, and Jen, and TooCute, and OnceBit! :ghug: :flowers: You all rock! :thanks2:
LIONS (Beautiful Banner by MoonlitRose)
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I so love the Cleaner now for talking to Beth like this. :hug:
lionsonleashes
Freelance freshie

Post by lionsonleashes »

Thanks, Francis! :hug: :rose:
LIONS (Beautiful Banner by MoonlitRose)

Return to “lionsonleashes' Office”