Conundrum - SLASH PG-13

A place for Phoenix's G to PG-13 stories
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Conundrum - SLASH PG-13

Post by Phoenix »

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Rating: PG-13 M/M Slash. Please do not read if you are likely to be offended.

Conundrum.

Eyes closed, I considered the contrast of similarities.

He laid next to me, replete, relaxed, cool pale skin against cold dark sheets.

To a casual observer, he looked slightly older than me. He was a couple of inches taller, his physique a little harder, hands work roughened. My hands were strong; elegantly manicured. For me, hard work was a distant memory. I’m the talkative one – his rich baritone too seldom heard – yet he was the one to whisper the words I longed to hear. Words that had nevertheless made me recoil.

In a tangle of limbs I’d felt him murmur against my neck.

“I love you.”

As though responding to my internal maelstrom, he stirred. I tried to will him back to sleep to avoid the inevitable.

Even so, fingers traced the unshaven roughness of my jaw line and tracked cold fire down to my most tender skin. I reacted to him. I always react to him. I tried to force myself to push him away ... to leave the bed ... anything to avoid the confrontation. But my body betrayed me. I moved into his caress. Pressed my lips against his throat. He responded by arching his neck – the invitation clear. I softly sought his jugular vein with my tongue, he pulled me closer and I buried my fangs as he groaned in response.

His muscular back was slick with sweat and my hands skated across the angles of his frame. I kissed his mouth, letting him taste his own blood. Then I explored the salty taste of his skin. His precious self-control deserted him once again. As I explored with my hands, lips and tongue, he moaned and allowed me to be in command. His hands tangled in my hair and his unnecessary breath was ragged.

Then there was stillness.

I stretched out beside him; close but not touching, even though the distance between us was physically painful.

He whispered, “Where do we go from here?”

I winced. What did he want from me? A declaration of love? Some form of commitment? Why was he pushing? I clenched my jaw to stop the words ‘I love you’ from escaping unbidden into the night. Not yet – too soon.

He broke the screaming silence again.

“You know I can’t go back to–” her unspoken name ricocheted off my bedroom walls. “Not now ... not ever again.”

How many times had I dreamed of this moment? A dozen? A thousand?

The well-intentioned warning of my confidante echoed in my mind and tore at my soul: “Be careful what you wish for – because you just might get it.”

Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Conundrum - SLASH PG-13

Post by wpgrace »

This is one of my favorite slashes... I have it printed out... it's so them.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
one.zebra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by one.zebra »

Ahh, I've read this before...it's just as delicious, every time....
Banner and avatar by Twilightdew!

Travelling 33rpm in an iPod world
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

I've read this before, but I just had to read it again--it kept calling to me!! I love, love, love this piece!!!! It is so atmospheric and tension(sexual)filled I think I was holding my breath throughout the whole story! Excellent story!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yes: :thud: :thud: :thud: :worship:

mitzie
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

wpgrace wrote:This is one of my favorite slashes... I have it printed out... it's so them.
Thank you so much, Grace. :hug:
One.Zebra wrote:Ahh, I've read this before...it's just as delicious, every time....
Thank you very much, O.Z :hug:
mitzie wrote:I've read this before, but I just had to read it again--it kept calling to me!! I love, love, love this piece!!!! It is so atmospheric and tension(sexual)filled I think I was holding my breath throughout the whole story! Excellent story!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yes: :thud: :thud: :thud: :worship:

mitzie
Thanks, Mitzie. :hug: Good thing it's a short piece, since you held your breath while reading! :gasp: :rofl2: :hug:

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

One.Zebra wrote:Ahh, I've read this before...it's just as delicious, every time....
ITA everything she said! :clapping:

Thank you for writing this beautiful piece.
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Catmoon wrote:
ITA everything she said! :clapping:

Thank you for writing this beautiful piece.
Thank you very much, Catmoon. :hug:

This was written only because Red invited me to come out and play one weekend; lots of great slash was written that weekend. :yes:

Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

This is marvelous, Phee. The situation you portray is indeed a conundrum.. so much like real life really.
yet he was the one to whisper the words I longed to hear. Words that had nevertheless made me recoil.
How often do we long for the unattainable only to find the reality is different from what we'd hoped for? The prose is simply lovely, below just two examples of my favourites from this:
fingers traced the unshaven roughness of my jaw line and tracked cold fire down to my most tender skin.
her unspoken name ricocheted off my bedroom walls.
Wonderful.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

The contrast between the desire and the fear is palpable, but so is the love.

Beautifully sensuous, Phee.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Luxe de Luxe wrote:This is marvelous, Phee. The situation you portray is indeed a conundrum.. so much like real life really.
yet he was the one to whisper the words I longed to hear. Words that had nevertheless made me recoil.
How often do we long for the unattainable only to find the reality is different from what we'd hoped for? The prose is simply lovely, below just two examples of my favourites from this:
fingers traced the unshaven roughness of my jaw line and tracked cold fire down to my most tender skin.
her unspoken name ricocheted off my bedroom walls.
Wonderful.
Thank you, Luxe. :hug: This was a bit of an experiment [writing-style wise] and it did fall a bit short of my ambitions, but over-all, I think it worked.

And yay :hyper2: you picked out two of my favourite lines. :teeth:
darkstarrising wrote:The contrast between the desire and the fear is palpable, but so is the love.

Beautifully sensuous, Phee.
Thank you, DSR. :hug: I'm delighted you think it works. :teeth:

Return to “Phoenix's Office”