Feed

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Feed

Post by redwinter101 »

I was surprised to see we didn't have a thread for this.

Anyway my specific reason for posting is that in the UK, up until now, the only DVD available to buy was the region 1 version - which will only work if you have a multi-region player. Well, finally, the region 2 version is available at Amazon.co.uk:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000 ... ss_product

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Feed

Post by cassysj »

I have not seen this movie yet. I'm usually a horror man but am a little intimidated.
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

I LOVED this movie. This was the first "other" of Alex's I watched after Moonlight, and if I hadn't been convinced of the man's incredible talent before watching "Feed", I was completely won over afterwards.

True, there are bits that are hard to swallow (no pun intended), but for any Alex fan, this is a must-see. Alex's skill in playing a sociopath is amazing - it's the first time I've ever voted for the bad guy to prevail in the end. His portrayal of Michael will floor you - at least, it did me.

It'll definitely make you see Alex (and food!) in a different light.

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I own it... I haven't taken the shrink wrap off yet, though. Mr. Allegrita says he wants to watch it with me, though... so when we do watch it, I'll post my thoughts here.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Same here, Alle -- I've got it, but haven't opened it. One of these days....
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Maybe we should all watch together?

Red

JKsGirl
Fledgling

Post by JKsGirl »

I've got it too...and haven't watched it yet :blushing:

Without the dark we would never see the stars.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Okay, if there is a group viewing I'll have to rent it from Netflix. I haven't even bought it yet I'm so intimidated. :snicker:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I think that's a great idea, Red!
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

Ooooh! Just let me know when and I'll be there. I wouldn't mind giving the movie another watch...

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Well alrighty then.

I don't want to make this any more complicated than necessary, so I'll start a new thread with a poll for most convenient times/days of the week - if you're interested in a group watch, please post there and I'm sure we can get something organised.

Red

JKsGirl
Fledgling

Post by JKsGirl »

I've been naughty and watched the film rather than wait for the group watch :blushing:

I'm not a great horror fan and then I read a load of reviews and was starting to feel a little intimidated - so I thought I'd better bite the bullet and watch it before I completely lost my nerve!

It was so different to what I thought it would be, and considering the reviews of the the film being 'sick' and 'disgusting' I never thought that (that may be saying more about me!)

Alex is utterly stunning in the film (and so beautiful, especially the first time you see him nekkid ;) :melts: )

I completely agree with PNW...
Alex's skill in playing a sociopath is amazing - it's the first time I've ever voted for the bad guy to prevail in the end. His portrayal of Michael will floor you.

PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

True, but this movie is so much more than Alex nekkid. It's a fascinating study of the sociopathic mind, how much evil can hide behind a beautiful and innocent face - and Alex's skill at bringing that across.

JKsGirl
Fledgling

Post by JKsGirl »

PNWgal wrote:True, but this movie is so much more than Alex nekkid. It's a fascinating study of the sociopathic mind, how much evil can hide behind a beautiful and innocent face - and Alex's skill at bringing that across.
I'm very well aware that it's more than just seeing Alex naked. If that's all I'd been bothered about I wouldn't have felt so intimidated about watching the film!

I was actually agreeing with you. Alex is stunning in the film (and I didn't mean physically!) and I agreed that his 'skill in playing a sociopath is amazing'.

I enjoyed the film far more than I thought I would because Alex made it fascinating to watch, drawing you into his character, and making it so believable.

With regards to his physical beauty: In an interview about Feed Alex mentions seeing the Feeder websites for the first time and "being confronted by a naked fit young man and a naked very overweight woman" and asking himself why he was confronted by that and immediately jumped to judgement and admitted to mocking it. He goes on to say that he had to ask himself why that was and then relooked at it to see that the couples (mostly) love each other.

I know that in Feed, he didn't go naked for the sake of it, he did it for a reason - to confront the viewer the same way he'd been confronted watching the websites for the first time. But I won't deny that I enjoyed seeing him naked - he is incredibly beautiful, and a pleasure to watch because you can see he's so comfortable in his own skin. It doesn't diminish his talent in any way.

Alex is an incredible actor and he's always wonderful to watch, no matter what character he's plays, due to his amazing talent. That doesn't mean I can't appreciate his physical beauty either with clothes off or on.

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I haven't yet watched Feed, but like a lot of people I've seen some clips on youtube and some stills (both nude and clothed). I like the way you describe the confrontational aspect of his nudity in this film--and it really sounds to me like that was the purpose of it. Beautiful? Heck, yeah, he's beautiful. But like Pgal, I'm a major spokesperson for the "Alex is talented too!" club. And so I worry when his physical beauty gets top billing, because people tend to forget how amazing an actor he is when they look at his pulchritude. :snicker: Not that I'm accusing you of that, because I think you've explained yourself perfectly here.

I'm glad to see your post. I think it'll enhance my experience of viewing the movie. And yes, I appreciate his beauty, as one aspect of his wonderfulness. :hearts:

Return to “Past Projects”