Remembrances; chapter 5 (PG)

A place for crazy fluffy's G to PG-13 stories
crazy fluffy
Freelance freshie

Remembrances; chapter 5 (PG)

Post by crazy fluffy »

Chapter 5:

Mick brought Beth back into the house without any further problems and placed her in the shower so she could clean herself up. In the meantime, he went to get fresh clothes for her. When he came back into the bathroom, Beth was still in the shower, the cold water continuously flowed down her naked body while she stood motionless. Her eyes were directed down to where reddish-colored water mixed with blood collected around her feet and she seemed to be hypnotized.
"Beth", he said softly. She did not respond, but continued to stare down at the floor. "Beth", he repeated, this time louder.
She started and lifted her eyes towards Mick.
"Sorry", she murmured softly.
"There is nothing for which you need to excuse yourself", he said.
"So much blood", she said slowly and stared at the water at their feet. Suddenly she began to scratch herself everywhere the blood still clung to her skin.
He quickly joined her in the shower fully clothed and reached for her arms to stop her.
"Stop it", he said firmly and held her. She looked at him confused.
"I ... I feel so dirty."
" Beth, it 's all right." He held her in his arms and pressed her to him.
"Why did I attack these men?" she asked after a while.
"Beth, it was an accident." he said with certainty.
"But I… "
"No." he interrupted. "It wasn’t your fault. You are now a vampire, it's in your nature to hunt and kill people. If anyone is to blame, then it’s me. I am your sire, I should have taken better care of you. "
"I'm sorry, I ... "
"I know Beth , I know." He gently stroked her hair and gave her a brief kiss.
"Come, I 'll take you to bed. "

MLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLML

"How is she?" asked Joseph, when Mick came downstairs to the living room.
"She's sleeping, I have just put her to bed. I think she will manage another night without a freezer. " he replied wearily, and let himself sink into the couch next to Josef.
Josef nodded. "And what about you?" he asked, looking questioningly at Mick .
Mick sighed. "I don’t know. She lay in a coma for two days, and then she almost killed someone. I haven’t imagined it that way."
"It is always difficult to turn someone without any preparation. And especially with Beth certain difficulties were to be expected. You know, I still can not believe that you have never told her. This makes the situation in which we are not any easier." Josef gazed sternly at Mick.
"I wanted to, but there never was the right occasion for it", Mick answered subdued.
"The right opportunity is simply never there, Mick! And now we have a problem, " Josef’s voice grew louder. "You are lucky that these men are still alive and Lance has not yet appeared here. When he realizes that a person with AB negative blood has been transformed, he will immediately come to Los Angeles. And to be honest I do not want to have him back here."
"I know, you don’t have to tell me", growled Mick with an annoyed air.
"Then you know what you need to do", Josef said to him quietly.
Mick wanted to say something, but let it go, he knew perfectly well that Josef was right. After all it was a visit with Josef that had made his decision to turn Beth falter yet again, almost half a year ago. But he had never told Beth about this conversation. How could he tell her something that he himself had not yet understood completely, or would never want to understand ?

"She is AB negative, right? "asked Josef after a while, when Mick had told him about his decision to turn Beth.
"Yes. Why do you ask ? "Mick looked at him a little confused.
Josef sighed and handed him a glass of blood. "You better sit down. There's something I should have told you long ago. "He pointed to the chair across and Mick sat down obediently.
"You know Coraline 's brother , Lance, already. "began Josef. " And you have surely noticed that he is somehow ... very, very powerful, you can feel his strength when you are near him. "
"Yes, that's right." Mick nodded . When he had seen Lance the first time that was something he immediately noticed. "And I feel that even you 've had a lot of respect for him."
"I have respect for him , yes. Although I 'm older than him. But I would not want to run into him and I would never want to challenge him. No one would do so voluntarily. "
"Why ?"
"There is a very specific reason. You've never heard of what happens to the people with AB negative blood, if they become vampires , right? " Mick shook his head, he had no idea what Josef was talking about.
"People with AB negative blood which are transformed into vampires are something very special. They are starting out stronger and much more powerful than all the other vampires. No one has yet figured out why this is so, even though some have already done some research. "
"You mean something like ... a super - vampire? And Beth would be ... . "
"Yes, but listen to me, Mick " interrupted Joseph. "Now comes the important fact . Lance had AB negative blood as a human, and his sire who turned him into a vampire as well, which made him even stronger and more powerful. As far as I know he also has a certain immunity to fire, and he can also stay in the sun longer than other vampires. Of course, Lance has recognized this advantage and because of it he controlled Europe for nearly a century now. And to avoid anyone getting into his way he killed all the people who have AB negative blood and survive the transformation into a vampire, he chases and kills them. Even his own sire he has killed, because he wants no competition. But sometimes he himself turns someone with AB negative blood , but they must obey him unconditionally, or they are buried faster than they bargained for. "
Josef saw Mick 's eyes. "Do you understand now why Beth's blood type is so important? "
Mick sat quietly on his couch , staring in disbelief at Josef, the scope of Josef's story slowly sinking in. " This means to transform Beth would be such a high risk... "He looked accusingly at Josef. "How come you didn’t tell me earlier about this? You had at least one and a half years time, " Josef shrugged involuntarily under the sharp tone of Mick.
"I honestly did not expect that you would ever bring yourself to turn her. At least not so soon. "
Mick laughed bitterly. "Yes and now I wished I hadn’t. "
"It is not impossible if the turning is planned carefully. With luck maybe Lance will never know . "
"With a lot of luck, yeah. And if he does, he will certainly not hesitate to personally come over here, " Mick answered.
"Lance still owes me a favor. And since I was the one who turned you back, you belong now to my bloodline and therefore Beth, too. Lance will not attack someone of my blood line without a very good reason. "
Josef looked at Mick seriously. " But you really need to speak with Beth about it, because it will not be easy. "

"I will do anything to make sure no-one hears about Beth’s transformation, but I can not guarantee anything. You have to be ready for everything. If Lance is on the way here, I want you both out of the city. "
Mick nodded. "Do you think it would be better to tell her now ?" he asked , his voice sounded uncertain.
"I do not think this is such a good idea. She is confused enough at the moment. But you must not let on that something’s wrong or she would immediately feel your insecurity and be even more confused and we can’t risk that. "
Mick breathed out once unnecessarily. "Okay, okay, I 'll try. "
Josef laid a hand on his shoulder. "Well, I know that her transformation didn’t go as you have wanted, but to turn the clock back isn’t possible. What 's done is done now and now you shouldn’t worry about what you could have done differently. "
"I know you 're right , it's just ... "
"You will make it, you will both make it. "Josef patted him encouragingly on the shoulder and stood up finally. "So, and I must now unfortunately say good-bye. Business and dealing with Lance are waiting for me. See you later. "
"Goodbye Josef. "Mick stood up a little later and made his way to Beth.

MLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLML

Beth stood outside the entrance to a large white house and took a deep breath. She could smell everything and feel everything exactly . The individual voices of the two people in the house, a woman and a man as she could hear. Their two rhythmic heartbeats , the noise of the blood in their veins as it called incessantly to her. She was overwhelmed.
"So, as I have heard, Mick has finally turned you, " she suddenly heard a male voice with a slight French accent behind her.
She startled in surprise and turned around, she had not even heard the man who was now standing directly in front of her.
"Who are you? " she asked suspiciously and instinctively made a step backwards, almost overwhelmed by the power and strength that emanated from this man.
The man made a derogatory gesture. "Who I am is not important. At least not yet. " He smiled and looked at her with interest. "Are you thirsty? " He made a sweeping motion to the house. "Take what you want , they all belong to you. "
Beth turned and stared at the front door . Slowly she raised her hand to press down the latch , while the man behind her, watching her carefully.
"No , I do not want to hurt more people , I will from now on only drink blood from donations", she said with determination and went away again.
"But Beth , you want to drink fresh blood , otherwise you would not stand in front of this house ..." He walked slowly around her while he went on. " Vampires are at the top of the food chain. We are killers, you are a killer , it's in your nature, Beth. We take what we like. "
"But Mick ...", she protested weakly.
The man made a derogatory gesture. "Mick a fool if he thinks to keep someone like you to himself. Just as Josef. "
He came closer and was now standing directly in front of her. She took a step back involuntarily.
"You need have no fear of me, but you are so strong now, do make use of it, "he said.
"I am not strong, I was only just turned", she answered him.
He smiled. "You will see, Beth. You're something special. "
He walked slowly around her, and finally stopped again directly in front of her.
"Your blood makes you special. "
"My blood? "she asked, confused.
He nodded , smiling.
"What about my blood? "she asked.
He put a finger on his lips. "Shhhh. You will find out soon enough, trust me. But now ... " He stepped to the front doo , opened it and disappeared into the house. After a few seconds he came back with a woman in his arms, she looked at them both with eyes wide with fear . "Drink as much as you like. " Beth felt her fangs come down, and her eyes changed. A second later she latched her teeth into the neck of the woman.

Beth sat up in cold sweat . A dream, it was all just a dream, she tried to calm herself down, when she realized that she was in bed next to Mick.
"Is everything all right?" she heard Mick's concerned voice beside her.
She drew a deep breath, in and out. "Yes, I think so. It was just a bad dream. "
"Come here. " He wrapped his arms around her and moved to get closer to her.
"Mick ? "she asked softly.
"Yes? "
"Promise me, to take better care of me. I don’t ever want to hurt someone again. "
"Of course, Beth. I promise. "

TBC
Sorry for all english errors I write!
NightAir
Fledgling

Re: Remembrances; chapter 5 (PG)

Post by NightAir »

This is not good. Beth's special, more powerful, but it also makes her a target for Lance.
What can her dream mean? Is there some sort of connection between Beth and Lance since they share a common blood type? Did he invade her dream in order to tempt her? Or did she have a premonition? Can't wait to see.
Whatever the case, I know Josef and Mick will do whatever it takes to protect Beth.

Thanks for the update! :flowers:
lorig
Fledgling

Post by lorig »

Uh-oh...she will be seen as competition now!! Oh crap...Lance is sure to be there soon... :witsend:
Gorgeous banner by PinkiePie
Tag by Mags and coco
crazy fluffy
Freelance freshie

Post by crazy fluffy »

Thank you for you comments lorig and NightAir! :hug:
I'm glad that a few people are still reading my story. :teeth:
Sorry for all english errors I write!
carniegal
Kostan Industries intern

Post by carniegal »

Still reading? I am late to the party, got to go find the start.

Please keep writing, I"ll catch up. :wave:

Return to “crazy fluffy's Office”