My Soul's Not the Same

Shadow
Courtesan

Re: My Soul's Not the Same

Post by Shadow »

jen wrote:Excellent choice pairing this song with Moonlight. It highlights both Mick and Beth's lives on different sides of a great divide and Mick's pain that this is so.
I'm so glad you liked the song choice! I had a Mick video in mind before I'd even finished listening to this song the first time I heard it. I loved the amazing way the lyrics fit Mick's story. Thank you so much!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I'd forgotten how abruptly this song (and video) ends. It really is a shock! (Which is very cool!)

This video feels almost like a really long voiceover--a very sad, pessimistic one. Mick's self doubts and fears are at the fore here, and the heartbeat-sound of the drums emphasizes his lack of humanity to me. (Well, his own perceived lack of humanity, because we all know that he's got a huge, human heart and soul...) He wants so much to be able to partake of Beth's humanity, but he believes that, as a vampire, his only way of partaking would be to destroy her humanity. He's so tortured here, so alone, and yet he can't help but reach out to her, over and over.

Just brilliant, and so very sad. :Mickangel:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Love your description of this as a voiceover, Alle. I had never thought of it that way but that's exactly how the song feels.

This song gave me chills even the first time I heard it because it seemed as if it could have been written to express Mick's doubts and fears. There's such a sense of separation from the rest of the world.

(And it's great to hear that the ending could still be a shock! As many times as I heard this song while making the vid, the ending always still startled me. ;))
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Beautiful... and sad, but a beautiful sad, if that makes sense. :howdy:

This is so artistic, it could be a professional job, Shadow! :clapping: :cheering: I particularly loved the transition from black-and-white to color in the rooftop sunrise section of the vid. That was perfectly timed! And yeah, that ending was like a slap in the face (which is exactly what Mick was surely feeling at that moment). Well done! :heart:

:Mickangel: Angsty Mick is on full display in this one. :laugh:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”