Half Breed-my first fic- PG-13 New section posted,Complete

A place for JosefsRose's G to PG-13 stories
JosefsRose
Freelance freshie

Half Breed-my first fic- PG-13 New section posted,Complete

Post by JosefsRose »

Hi all this was the first story I ever wrote, I never posted it here. I have to say I never got round to to it. Better Late than never. I started this story in June of 2008. Hope you like it. Here is the first part.

Half Breed

Disclaimer:- There not mine, we know to whom they belong. Thanks for the use.
Rating :- PG-13 some violence and sexy stuff

Scene setting.

French village, 1773. Near a monastery. A vampire is feeding on a woman, then he turns her (she is pregnant). A few month later the same woman is about to give birth, she is at the monastery door. She asks the monks to help her save her child, and end her curse (a short time later a baby cries). The monks vow to take care of the child, this child they see as a miracle, born of a demon into a realm of light.

1918, the Germans are advancing on the monastery and the monks have no chance in stopping the advancing troops. They know they have to hide the secret they have guarded over the centuries. As the troops attack, the monks are slaughtered, all but one die. He escaped from the monastery with the secret. He makes his way to the coast where a small boat awaits. He places his charge in the boat and tell the captain to take them to England, where he believes safety awaits. As the boats pulls away from the coast shots ring out, and all in the boat are seemingly killed. Three weeks later the boat washes up on the coast of England, it is found by a young dark haired man. Inside he finds the bodies of the monk and the captain, also he finds a young woman, she is thin, scared and hungry. She has survived by feeding of the bodies in the boat.

Part 1
Chapter 1

The young man asks ”Are you alright? What happened?” The woman, looks at the man, her eyes are pale. Almost completely white. Her skin is pale, her hair raven black. She says nothing. Again the man asks the questions, and still he gets no reply. “Come with me. I’ll help you.” and he offers her his hand to help her out of the boat. She shies away, too scared to trust him. The young man needs to leave as the sun is rising and he doesn’t want to be out in daylight. “My name is Charles, I need to get you inside. If you stay here you will die. Do you understand me?”

He still gets no reply, but he steps into the boat and takes his jacket off and places it around the shoulders of the woman. She tries to back away, and falls into the water. Too weak to help herself, she cannot get up. Charles jumps into the water and picks her up. She is very light and she no longer has the strength to fight back. He carries her up the beach and along a path to a house set back from the path. The house is small and hidden from sight, inside it is lit by oil lamps. Charles carries the woman into a room and lays her on a sofa. As he walks away to get some water he hears a quiet voice behind him. “Guinevere” The voice stops him in his tracks, turning to face the figure on the sofa. “Is that your name? Guinevere.”

She nods her head. At least he knew she understood him. “I’m just going to get some water to help clean you. Would you like anything to drink or eat?” Again he gets no reply, “I’ll get that water. Then you can rest.”

Guinevere just stares at him as he leaves. Once he is out of sight she tries to stand. She has a desperate urge to leave, but she doesn’t have the strength. She has a thirst and hunger, but she cannot explain what it is to this man. She knows what she needs and dares not take it here. She is tired, the journey in the boat nearly killed her, had it not been for the monk, she would have died. He gave her the sustenance she needed for most of the journey, but he had been dying. Then she had no choice but to eat the flesh of the bodies to survive. This Charles would never understand. Little does she know they are more alike than either of them think. She hears him returning, and is aware that she is not strong enough to leave. She has to resign herself to his aid. For now. “Here, I’ll help you wash yourself, I don’t have much to eat in the house, but I have some broth. Once you are washed and have eaten a little, you can rest in one of the rooms. You are welcome to stay till you feel better and stronger.” His voice is kindly, but there is an undertone she is wary of.

“Thank you” there is no strength even in her voice. Charles helps her to wash, he sees she is even paler than he first thought, she is pale as death, much the same as himself as he shuns the daylight. He goes to the kitchen and returns with the broth. He cannot eat it, but he knows she need food. He sits next to her and carefully tries to feed her.

As she tries to swallow, she chokes. She wants to eat and knows it will help, but it is a struggle. She has not had proper food since leaving the monastery, and her body wants to reject it. Again she tries and Charles helps, this time she manages to keep it down. Slowly he feeds her and she is grateful, but her emotions are in turmoil. She is too tired and weak to think straight. When she has finished the broth, she looks into his eyes and sees the ages of things past. There is an older gaze coming from the eyes of a young man. She wonders how can this be, but she never asks. She is too tired and soon falls asleep. He picks up her with no effort and carries her upstairs to a bedroom and lays her on the bed, where he leaves her to rest. He then takes his own leave and goes to his chambers to sleep.

Many hours pass and day once again turns to dark, she awakes to find herself in a bed, with no knowledge of how she got there. She feels stronger, but the hunger remains. Lying quietly she listens, gathering her thoughts on what had happened. She remembers little of the journey in the boat. Only that the monk fed her, and the having to feed off the bodies. The thought repulses her, she is no monster, but she needed to survive, and that was the only way. She continues to listen, and hears footsteps stop at the door. The door opens and a figure stands in the doorway, she cannot see details, the light is behind casting him into silhouette. He steps in and she see his face, he is young, maybe in his 20’s, his hair is dark his eyes brown, his face has an impish look. There is a look of concern, “Are you feeling better? You have slept through the day, I was worried.” There again that slight undertone, she has heard before but is unable to remember where from.

“Yes, thank you. I’m sorry I don’t remember what happened. Where am I?” Still weak, but stronger still.

“My name is Charles, I found you in a boat washed up on the shore, there were two bodies in it along with you. I brought you up here to my house, you were half dead.” He had no idea she thought. “I managed to give you some broth, but then you fell asleep and put you in here, one of my guest rooms.”

“Do you feel strong enough to join me in the lounge?”

She looked down at herself and her clothes, which were barely rags. He noticed the look, “I’ll find you something to wear, it may be a little large, but it will be clean. I’ll get some clothes tomorrow that fit. So will you join me?”

She resigned to the fact she needed this mans help. “I would be honoured to join you Charles. My name is..” “Guinevere, you told me last night” He finished, as he left the room. He returned shortly with the clothes. They were a little large, but at least she felt more human in them. Charles helped her to the lounge and sat in a large leather chair, after seating her on the sofa. On the table next to her was a bowl of soup and some bread. “Eat, you need to gather your strength back. You didn’t have much last night, you almost choked.” She looked at him with wary, questioning eyes. ”Are you not having anything?”

He smiled, “No, I ate before I checked on you.” This was a lie and she heard it in his voice, but he had tried to hide it. Why? Still she was hungry and the broth smelt good. He watched as she ate, following her every move, even the way her throat moved as she swallowed, noting every detail. When she finished, they sat in silence for awhile, just looking at each other. As two people do when trying to judge the other. Finally Charles broke the silence, “Why don’t you tell me a bit about yourself Guinevere? Then I’ll tell you about myself.”

She sat thinking for a moment, trying to know where to start, she couldn’t tell the truth, he would think her crazy. After another moments hesitation she began. “Well for a start you can call me Gwen, I was born in France, 21 years ago” a lie but a necessary one. “My mother died in child birth, and I don’t know who my father was. I was raised in a monastery, by the monks there. They were kind and gentle men. They knew I was a sickly child, and that I survived, they thought it a miracle. When the war started they feared for my safety, and they made plans for me to come to another monastery in England. But before we could leave, the advancing troops attacked, and we had to flee in a hurry. I don’t remember much after that."

He studied her face, looking for something but not knowing what. He took a breath and started talking.” Well you know my name, I was born 25 years ago, my mother died a few years ago, my father in the war. I have no siblings and no family left. So you and I are kindred spirits of a sort.” He smiled, it was a sad one, but once again she got the feeling that some of what he was telling her was a lie. He was lonely in his heart, it showed in his eyes. He continued, “This house is just one of many, it’s a retreat of sorts. For when things get too much in the city.” he paused “If you were born in France, how do you speak English so well?”

He had caught her out with that question, she had to think quickly for and answer. “Many of the monks were from England , they taught me. I also speak French, Italian and can read Latin. Not much else to do in a monastery. It was a sparse life, much of it spent wishing to know what else was out there.”

“You never thought to leave?”

“Where would I have gone? I know of nothing outside of the monastery. The only outside contact I ever had was with the fisherman, and odd trader that came to deliver supplies that we did not cultivate.”

A look crossed his face, dangerous but caring all at the same time. He had never thought he could care for anyone, but here was someone who didn’t know the outside world, let alone his world. She was an angel, pure and good. But he was scared, his baser instincts could not be denied, she would not be safe and he knew it. She would have to leave when she was strong enough. But that was not now. He looked across the room at her, and saw her yawning. “Are you tired?” His concern caught them both off guard.

“Yes, but I feel a little better, and yet I still feel so tired. I’m sorry I’ve ruined your evening.” something in her voice worried him.

“No you haven’t. I’ll help you back to your room. You need rest. I may not be here in the daytime. I have some errands to run. I’ll see you in the evening. I’ll have someone from the village bring some clothes and food to the house. Feel free to look around, but please stay out of my chambers. I will lock the door, but if I forget please respect my privacy.” The edge was back in his voice, it was a warning loud and clear.

He helped Gwen up and slowly walked back to her room. In a way he was glad she needed to rest, he had the thirst and he could not hunt and feed if she were awake. When he was sure she was sleeping he left and went out. He returned just before dawn, feeling refreshed and fed. He had also arranged for the clothes and food to be delivered. He check that Gwen was sleeping before heading to his chambers, looking forward to his sleep.

Gwen awoke the next day, feeling she needed get out of the house. Find what she knew would stop her hunger. She went down into the kitchen and there as promised were the clothes and food. She grabbed some apples and bread and left the house. There was no use changing clothes until she had bathed, she would do that later. First she looked round the gardens of the house, they were pretty, and well manicured. So someone took care of them. Eating an apple, she continued to explore. About a mile from the house, she came across a farm. The farm was deserted and in ruins, but a few animals remained. Carefully she eased up to one of the pens, it contained a piglet. She need to catch it and the feed, but that was easier said than done, She was still very weak and piglets could be fast and difficult to catch. She sat down t the side of the pen .”Here piggy, piggy, piggy. Come to Gwen and give her strength.” to her surprise the piglet came to her and sat down in front of her. She shook her head in bewilderment. She had some of the animals at the monastery come to her at asking but she had reared then from birth. She had never called a beast before now. She bent down and picked up the animal, she could feel it heart racing and her heart sped up in time with it. Slowly she controlled herself, then she allowed the transformation to happen, then she fed she took only enough to make the thirst bearable, but not enough to kill the piglet. She let it go and stood carefully, she felt stronger, but she new she would have to feed again. She left the farm and headed back to the house. Unaware of the figure hiding in the ruined barn watching her. The figure didn’t follow, but went in the direction of the village.

Gwen returned to the house, she was feeling better and stronger, but tired so she decided to have a rest before having a bath. She went to her room and lay on the bed. Closing her eyes she fell into a deep sleep, punctuated by strange dreams. She awoke to the sounds of raised voices. “I’m telling you I haven’t been there, I came to the village last night and saw my friend.” Charles’ voice was strained. “Your telling me there are no others here with you. One of the children was at the old farm and says he saw a female call, then feed off a piglet that he had there.” This voice was angry and scared.

“No, I’m the only one here. Anyway we don’t feed off animals. What do you want from me?” He sounded worried, and what did he mean ‘We don’t feed off animals’

“Just keep away from the village, your not welcome anymore.” A door slammed and a silence fell through the house.

Gwen stayed quiet, listening waiting. She was still buzzed from the feeding earlier, all her senses were in overdrive. She could hear Charles’ breathing, it was rapid. She turned over and looked out the window, the sun had set and it was dark again. She had slept through most of the day again. She rose and went to the door, opening it softly she went out on to the hall. Charles was stood by the front door, his head down, his shoulders slumped. She closed the door behind her with a quiet click, knowing it would alert Charles to her presence. He turn and looked up at her. “Oh, hello sleepy head. I didn’t mean to wake you.” something in his face made her heart melt, he looked vulnerable, she wanted to go to him and find out what was wrong, but something stopped her. A look in his eyes, they now looked haunted.

“It was the door slamming. Is every thing alright?” She hoped the question didn’t sound too probing. She studied him, seeing everything the way the light reflected in his eyes, and highlighted his face. He suddenly looked far older than he appeared.

“It’s nothing to concern yourself with. You look better again this evening, are you hungry?” the look in his eyes vanished, to be replaced with a genuine caring glimmer.

“I am feeling better, and yes I am hungry. But I would like to bathe before we eat. Do you have a bathroom?” Still watching him, she was encountering emotions she had never had. She was falling for this man, she hardly knew.

“I’ll get you some hot water, the bathroom is down here next to the kitchen. I’ll have to get it ready for you.” He wasn’t used to having guest like her in the house. Things were going to get awkward, fast. “I’ll knock and let you know when it’s ready.” and he left heading towards the kitchen. Gwen returned to her room and thought about what she had overheard.

A short while later he knocked on her room door, She opened it, still only wearing his shirt. He stood taken back by the figure now standing in front of him ”Your bath is ready.” His eye were down cast, as if he was afraid to look at her. “Thank you Charles.” She walked past him and down the stair to the bathroom. There the tub sat, the water warm and inviting. She had never bathed in a tub before at the monastery, she had washed and bathed in the river. She shed the shirt and stepped into the bath, a small moan of pleasure escaped her. It was blissful, the water was hot and smelt of roses. Charles had put rose oil in. She just sat soaking in the water for while, letting the feeling wash over her. Then she submerged going completely under the water, letting it block all her senses for a moment. She pushed herself back up and suddenly became aware that Charles was in the doorway.

“Is the water hot enough?”

Her mind rushed, how long has he been standing there. She was embarrassed, and excited all in one go. ”The waters perfect, I have never had a hot bath, it’s heavenly.” she smiles at him.

“Would you like me to get you anything?” he studies her, as she had studied him, but he does not come into the room.
“Could you help me by washing my back.” what was she doing. This wasn’t her, she wasn’t thinking straight.

He was taken aback. Slowly he stepped into the room, by the light of the lantern he could see her alabaster skin, it looked perfect. He knelt down next to her and she handed him the cloth. She turned so he could wash her back. Then he noticed the scars, not just one or two, but her back covered. He shuddered inwardly who would do this to such a child. “Are you going to wash me or stare at my back?”

“Sorry, I just..”

“I know what it looks like, please if you want to leave, just go. I’ll understand.”

“No, it caught me off guard.” he the wet the cloth and started to wash her. Tracing the line of some of the larger scars. Slowly rubbing her back. He noticed a change in her, she was responding to his touch. She was a sensual minefield. He too was feeling emotions he hadn’t had for a long time. He had to leave, and now, before he did something he would regret. “I’m sorry I can’t.” he left swiftly. She turned in time to see him leave the room, then to hear the front door close.

Gwen finished washing and got out of the bath, she dried herself with the towel he had provided. Then she changed into the clothes he had got her, they were still a little big. She had lost weight during the journey, from not feeding properly. She noticed a necklace with an enamelled cross pendant. Holding it in the air, she watched it as it caught the light. Why had he left it for her she wondered, then she placed it around her neck. It felt cold against her warm skin. Now she was hungry, so she went into the kitchen, to see what she could find. There in the pantry she found some vegetables and a steak. She looked further but still only found one steak, this she found odd. Still she had to eat, so she lightly cooked the steak and veg and sat down at the kitchen table to eat. She heard the front door open the footsteps. “Charles, is that you? I’m in the kitchen. I was hungry, so I cooked the steak you left. Would you like some?” The foot steps stopped then headed in her direction.

Something was wrong, all her senses told her to run, she left the table and backed towards the door behind her. It was locked, she realised she was trapped. At that moment the figure stepped into the kitchen. It wasn’t Charles. Gwen wanted to scream but was unable. She knew what was in front of her, the monks had told her. This was a vampire, eyes as pale as her own, with fangs and a blood lust that needed to be sated. She could smell the decay emanating from it. This was an old soul, lost to the darkness of immortality. She had no chance now, she could fight, but she was still too weak, even if she changed, she knew what she was and her limits. The vampire crossed the room, advancing slowly, knowing its prey was trapped. Gwen picked up a knife from the counter, she might have one chance if she could sever the head from the body. She lashed out wildly, and the vampire stopped and looked at her, the laughed and continued to advance. “Leave me alone. Leave me alone.” a plea.

Then with a single leap the vampire was on her. Now she screamed, a loud and piercing cry. His fangs biting into her flesh. Then blissful darkness, as she passed out.

Chapter 2

Charles was returning to the house when he picked up the scent of the vampire. He ran as fast as he could. As he reached the door he heard her scream, then silence. He ran to where the cry had come from, there was the vampire, Gwen in its arms, feeding. She was unconscious. He grabbed the vampire and threw it across the kitchen. He leapt across the room, turning as he went. He landed on the vampire, ripping out its throat, killing it instantly. He turned back to look at Gwen. She was looking at him with, wide, compassionate eyes. He instinctively shied away, no human had ever seen what she had seen. He went to leave.

“Wait.” a single word. He stopped and looked back. “I know what you are, but why help me?” a simple question he was not sure he could answer now. She was crossing the room holding onto the table for balance. She reached him and touched his face. He changed back, his eyes once again becoming dark and welcoming, fangs retracting back to being hidden.

“I …are you alright? He bit you.” He didn’t know what to do or say. Then her legs gave way and she collapsed to the floor. He caught her, and gathered her up into his body and carried her to the lounge. He placed her lightly on the sofa and stoked the fire. Her skin was cold and she was shivering. He returned to her with a blanket and covered her. “ I’ll get something to clean those wounds” he need to get away from the blood and get himself under control. He went back into the kitchen, taking slow breaths trying to control his instincts. Gwen needed his help and he had to give it to her. He gathered some clean clothes and a bandage, the drew some water to clean the wounds. He returned to the lounge, she lay still, unmoving on the sofa. He listened for her heart beat it was slow but strong. She had fallen into unconsciousness again. He knelt down beside her and washed the wounds. He noticed that she was wearing the necklace he had left for her. When he finished cleaning the injuries, he bandaged them. The vampire had left ragged wounds not the neat marks most left. He was a rouge, a vampire who had not been taught the correct method by its sire. The smell of the vampire was fading but he could still smell her. Something was wrong, her blood smelt wrong, weak. He sniffed it again, yes, her blood was weak. No wonder she was feeling tired, she had an illness of the blood, anaemia. She needed blood, the vampire had taken some but she lost some from the wounds. He could only think of one way, and that was a battlefield method. He made her comfortable and left to go the village, he knew who he could ask for help, but only if he could get there un-noticed.

He arrived at his destination, without any trouble or being seen. He knocked at the door and a young woman opened it. “Charles, what are you doing here? Your not welcome in the village anymore.”

“Mary, I need your help. There is a young woman at my house that has been attacked. She needs blood. Not in the same way I do, but I know a way you can give it to her. Will you help?” There was an urgency in his voice she could not refuse. She nodded, and they left taking the path behind the house. They arrived Back at Charles house fifteen minutes later. Charles led the way, into the lounge. Gwen was still lying on the sofa, but her heart rate was weaker now. Charles rushed over, “Hold on Gwen I have brought help. Mary please roll up your sleeve while I get some things to help.” He left the lounge and returned a few minutes later with two hypodermic needles and some hose. “I need to give her your blood, directly into her vein. The only way to do it is by connecting the two of you. Your blood will flow straight into her.” Mary looked afraid, letting Charles feed from her was pleasurable, this didn’t. Still this woman needed her help and she had never seen Charles like this. He was almost human, he cared for this stranger. She rolled up her sleeve. ”Is there anything I can do?”

“Yes, when the blood starts flowing just open and close your hand. It helps the blood to move.” Charles the carefully inserted the needle into Gwen’s arm being careful not to let her blood escape. He then placed the second needle in Mary’s arm and connected the hose at each end. Mary started opening and closing her hand. She sat on the sofa next to the pale Gwen. Five minutes past then ten. Mary was starting to feel faint. “Charles, is that enough? I don’t feel too well.” Charles took her arm and removed the needle. He handed her a bandage and she held it to her arm. He the lent over Gwen and removed the needle from her. Her heart rate was stronger now, still slow but stronger. “ Thank you Mary, I think it has worked. Please rest, I’ll get you a drink. Is tea alright?” He left without waiting for answer. He had to get his head straight, he had just helped a human, they were food to him. He had lived nearly 400 years and yet his emotions still had a hold on him. Mary was just a willing supply, but Gwen, what was she, a stranded waif. Yet he had feelings for her, feeling he couldn’t explain. She had only been in his house three days, yet he felt an attraction.

“Charles.” Mary’s voice called out, the voice was afraid.

“What is it?” He replied as he ran back into the room.

“She has a fever.” Terror in the voice. Gwen was thrashing violently about on the sofa, The only reason she hadn’t fallen was Mary. She was struggling to hold her. “She’s so strong, I can’t hold her.”

Charles pushes Mary out of the way, “You better leave!” His eyes have paled he needs all his strength and concentration now. Mary runs from the house, she does not understand what is happening. Later she tells others that Charles was in a feeding frenzy. This comment later has disastrous consequences.

Gwen continues to thrash, striking out and hurting herself. Charles holds her, he is careful that he doesn’t hurt her more than she is doing. “Gwen, your alright, I’m here. Please Gwen stop.” He needs to cool her now burning skin. How can one person go from being cold to a burning fever in a matter of minutes he thinks. He releases her for a moment so he can reach one of the cloths. He soaks it in the water and places it on here forehead, wiping the sweat from it. He continues to talk to her in a soothing voice. After a while her shaking slows and then stops. All this time he had been using his vampire strength to hold her, he’s tired. He sits on the floor at her head, looking at her face. It’s peaceful now but at the height of the fever he would have sworn she looked like a vampire. Had the rouge turned her. He sniffed the air around her, No, there was no smell of a newly turned vamp. Maybe it was just the fever. Charles fell asleep at her feet, and awoke to someone talking to him. “You need to feed, come lets go hunting.” He looks up into the face of another vampire. Then he remembers Gwen and leaps to his feet. She is no longer on the sofa, and this vampire obviously hasn’t seen her or he would have fed on her.

“Lance, give me a moment. I have had a rouge in my house and have had to deal with it. Let me sort that out, then yes, we we’ll go hunting. I am hungry. This rouge has scared the villagers and I am no longer welcome in the village. Ungrateful fools.”

“You have had a human here? Where is it now?” Lance’s gaze is stone cold. One eye is jet black, this is one of the oldest vampires in Europe. From one of the greatest families. He is a cold blooded killer.

“Yes, she was a girl I feed from, I like my blood fresh and she keeps me supplied and I don’t kill her. She receives a generous payment for her services. She has just left and returned to her home.”

The vampires look at each other, “Do what you must, I will meet you at the village church.” with that said Lance leaves. Charles looks around, even the bloodied bandages have gone. Who? Where? Why? Questions fly through his mind. The biggest one, Where is Gwen? He checks in the kitchen, the rouges body is still there. He checks upstairs, all the rooms are empty. Just as he is about to give up he hears water splashing. He races back down to the bathroom, there sitting in the now cold water is Gwen. “I was worried about you, what happened.?” there was an edge of fear in his voice.

“I was hot, and you were asleep. So I came in here. I picked up the bandages so I could redress the wounds on my neck. Then I heard someone else and I hid under the water.” her eyes were questioning him.

“ I have to leave, I will be back later, are you going to be alright on your own?” he didn’t want to leave, but you didn’t keep Lance waiting.

“Go, I think I will go to my room and sleep. Keep safe my sweet Charles, for you are my saviour.” she went to him, and kissed him. He didn’t pull back, but returned her kiss with a vehemence that was shocking to both of them. His true feelings were on show, and she returned them with equal passion. How could this happen in such a short time, a matter of days. “Go, do what you must.” with that he left and Gwen returned to the bath, The cool water, soothing the animal within her, the beast that nearly escape that evening. She had regained control, but it had been a close thing. Later she went to her room, and lay down. She closed her eyes and slept, she dreamed of him. She could not comprehend the emotions she felt for him. She knew the beast in him, he was an immortal being. She was doomed to walk in both worlds, she would age, slowly, but she had the strength of the beast, if she needed it or if she fed from human blood. This must have happened tonight, she had no recollection of what had happened after the vampire had attacked her. It worried her she may have attacked another human. All the lessons the monks had taught her had come to nought. She had lost control again. So she thought.

Charles and Lance met at the church, and were discussing the rouge. Charles was explaining that the rouge had attacked just after the human had left and was attracted to the blood in the kitchen, which he kept for feeding later. Also that he had to kill it. There were rules in vampire society about the training of newly turned vamps.

“Well you dealt with it, but now you need to feed. Where shall we start, perhaps your friends home. I could do with something different.”

“Do you notice anything strange Lance. There is no-one around. This church square should be full of people at this time of night.”

They listen, and hear voices from within the church. They go up to the doors, and open them. There praying are all the women and children from the village. “Where are all the men folk?” asks Lance, in his most charming voice. “They have gone to the Fitzgerald house, He is a demon and they are going to burn him and all those in his house with him.” the woman laughs. Lance turns to Charles but he has already gone, Lance follows.

The men arrived not long after Charles leaves, they block all the doors and guard the windows. If one of the demons tries to flee, they will be staked through the heart and their body thrown back into the house to burn. They can see movement in the house, but don’t know who it is. Once the house has been secured, they throw flaming torches through the windows. They wait to make sure the fire has a good hold and that no-one escapes before leaving. Charles arrives back at the house to see an inferno. He pulls the barricade from the door and attempt to go in. Lance pulls him back, “You can’t go in there you will die.”

“I have to, she is still in there.” he tries to pull away.

“Who, who is in there?” he had smelt no other in there earlier, but the smell of the rouges blood had been strong.

“My Gwen, I saved her. It was her the rouge attacked not me.” Still he struggled to get back into the house. He managed to break free and enter the hall way. The whole house was ablaze. He swore he could hear her screams from up stairs. As he looked she appeared out of her room, fire all around her. Gwen saw him and cried out. “Leave, get out, you don’t need to die!” He took a step forward and a strong arm reached in and pulled him back. The last thing he saw was the stair and landing collapsing with Gwen on it. “No, no, no. Gwen, oh my Gwen.” his voice full of tears and despair.

“Come, you need to leave this place, it is no longer safe for you. Make a new start. In a new place. I have heard the Americas are a good place to begin anew.” Lance’s arm leads him away from the ruins of his home, and towards the future in the new world.
Last edited by JosefsRose on Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What Josef want's. Josef gets!

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Half Breed - my first Fic- PG-13

Post by redwinter101 »

Thanks so much for posting your first story here, Jenny. It's an intriguing view of Charles Fitzgerald as the lonely, tortured outsider, in many ways saved from seclusion by Lance.

I can't help but wonder if Gwen is really dead?

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
JosefsRose
Freelance freshie

Post by JosefsRose »

redwinter101 wrote:Thanks so much for posting your first story here, Jenny. It's an intriguing view of Charles Fitzgerald as the lonely, tortured outsider, in many ways saved from seclusion by Lance.

I can't help but wonder if Gwen is really dead?

Red
Hey Red, :wave:

This is just the first part of this story. There are 11 chapters in total, in 3 parts. I will post the next part shortly.

Jenny :rose:

JosefsRose
Freelance freshie

Post by JosefsRose »

Ok this is the second part of this story, there is one final instalment after this. which I may have to post in two parts due to it's length.

Part 2

Los Angeles, present day.
Chapter 3

“No, I don’t care if you think you know better. If you don’t do it I’ll come down there and rip your throat out. Yeah, love to the family. Ciao” the man closes his phone. “Sorry Mick, what did you want to talk about?”

“I wanted to ask you about tomorrow night, Josef” Mick is tall, with dark wavy hair. He has been friends with Josef, since his sire, his wife Coraline introduced them to one another.

“Oh, tomorrow. Just be there.” a cheeky grin crosses his face. He has been alive for over 400 years and has amassed a small fortune. He is currently a very successful hedge fund trader.

“I’m worried your going to do something, and I’ll regret it.”

“Don’t worry, just come to the club. It’s your stag night.” the grin was still on his face. He was happy for his friend, and yes he had organised the party.

“O.K. but I’m not going to be feeding off any freshies. I promised Beth and I won’t let her down.”

“Yeah, yeah I know. Don’t worry, there will be low fat soy vegan blood for you.” the grin still there. “Now get out and spend some time with Beth” the grin faded as memories of his past are remembered.

Mick spots the change, “Hey, don’t get all down on me now. She could still wake up.”

“She hasn’t in fifty years, she has stayed just the same.” he remembers the girl lying in a bed in New York. Still as beautiful as the day he tried to turn her. Something had gone wrong and she never woke up. “Get out Mick, go to your apartment, spend some time with Beth, and get some rest, your going to need it.”

Mick left, and Josef continued to work. He had to go to the club and finalise the arrangements. “I’m now officially out of the office.” he told the men around him. He left and got into his convertible Ferrari and drove to the club. The club was an exclusive one, only vampires could enter and some of the oldest members were pillars of the community, both human and vampire.

Josef enter the club, the interior is a classic gentlemen’s club. Wood panelled, with pictures of founding and important members on its walls. The smell of cigar smoke in the air. Tainted with the smell of blood and alcohol ,all of this could smell as he walked towards the bar. “Good evening Edward. Is everything going to plan for tomorrow?”

“Mr Kostan, every thing is ordered, the freshies will be available all night as you requested and I have a supply of A+ as you also asked, but..”

“But what? “

“My bar staff was stealing supplies from me, from the members private stock. I had to deal with him. So I have had to get new staff. She starts tonight for training.” his head bowed.

“Will one nights training going to be enough? I want the party to go smoothly.” an edge of worry in his voice.

“She has come recommended, she is a very competent person” his head is still bowed, he doesn’t look at Josef.

“Well as long as you think she…she!! Your new staff is female. Here in the club. What will the members say?”

“They will be informed tonight, she is only temporary, until I can find someone else.” still his head is down.

Josef finally notices Edwards posture. “What haven’t you told me?” There is a tone of warning in his statement.

The pause was physical, palpable. “She’s human.” Two words and they felt like a sledgehammer.

“Human, human. What were you thinking. You can’t have a human in here. Secrecy is paramount to our survival.” the shock in his voice was less than the anger on his face. “Tell me why I shouldn’t kill you here and now?”

“She knows what we are. She has been around vampires most of her life. She is shunned by her own kind. She is a special case. She shares a trait with us.” answering but giving no answers.

“Oh, and what would that be. Is she immortal and undead?” the sarcasm was painful.

“No, she drinks blood, Mr Kostan.” a shameless admission.

“So how do you know this?”

“My friend Ricardo, recommended her. She worked for him in his club. He says she is efficient and trust worthy. She has a unique form of anaemia, and so has to ingest blood on a regular basis to survive. She has developed the same contacts as many of our kind. It brought her into contact with us. She is no threat. She arrives from New York this evening. If you want to meet her…”

“No, but just make sure she knows what she is doing, I don’t want any slip ups. Mick is a good friend and I want nothing to ruin the evening.” with that Josef left. Edward was left standing wondering if he had made the right decision. Two hours later she arrived, dressed in black from head to toe. Dark glasses covering her eyes. He looked her up and down. A look of surprise crossed his face. She appeared to be a vamp, her body posturing suggested she was not to messed with. Pale skin, dark hair, no black. Cropped at neck level, her face was scarred, not badly her features were strong. Still he couldn’t see her eyes for the shades she wore. “Good evening, are you Edward?” she had an accent. He tried to place it.

“Yes, you must be Alexandra, come this way. I’ll show you around before telling what your duties will be.” He led the way and showed her where everything was, the billiard room, the smoking lounge, and the function room. “This is where you will be working tomorrow night. Mr Kostan is holding a private party for a friend. A stag night. There will be freshies on site. You don’t have a problem with that do you?”

“Of course not, I am fully aware of how you feed, and that some prefer blood straight from the vein. Will there also be blood from stock?”

“Yes of course, all types are available. The guest of honour likes A+. Do you have any questions before you start work tonight?” the looks at his reflection in her glasses.

“No, just a request. Let them know I’m not on the freshies list. My blood isn’t very nice to your kind.”

“That won’t be a problem. Just one last thing, you need to remove your glasses. House code and all that. I’ll have enough problems, explaining you to the senior members as it is.”

She pauses as her hand goes to her face.” You may wish you hadn’t asked me to take them off.” she removes the shades and her eyes are clear to view. “Wha. What happened to your face?” the shock is visible in his eyes. He is appalled.

“I was attacked and slashed, the burns were from the acid in the bottle they used.” her eyes study him. He looks past the scars and into her eyes for the first time. They are kind, the colour a hazel/brown. Deep, and they seem to have seen so much.

“O.K lets get you to work.” He doesn’t want to look in them any more. “You’ll work the bar tonight, to get the hang of things. It’s the same as what you were doing in New York. Ricardo says you know what your doing. So prove it. The members will be here later, so you need to make a good impression on them.” with that he led her to the members bar. There were a few in and she soon found what each one wanted. Edward had forgotten to show her where each of the blood types were. She had her own method for determining what was what. As the evening wore on she did her job, and she made a lasting impression on the members. At the end of her shift, Edward came up to her. “ Hey Alexandra, you did well. I’ve just come from a meeting with the members. They like you, even if you are a human. They’ve decided you can continue to work here. That’s saying something from this lot.” He shook her hand. “Be here tomorrow at 5, you can set up the room. The freshies will arrive around 8 and the guest from 9. Your going to be in charge of the bar. If you need help, call down to me and I’ll come up. There shouldn’t be any problems.” He looked relieved that she had been accepted by the members.

“No problem, I’ll see you tomorrow. Do I need to wear anything special or just what I have on now?”

“Just wear the same sort of thing you have on. It will differentiate you from the freshies. I’ll let Mr Kostan your not on the menu.”

“Thanks. See you tonight. By the way call me Alex” It was dawn and she needed to get some rest. She left and went back to the apartment she had rented. The first thing she did was to remove her contacts. They were making her eyes ache. She looked in the mirror. The pale eyes of her youth looked back at her. She stripped and got into the shower. The water running over her body was relaxing, she had been nervous at the club. Sure she had worked in New York, but that was while she was researching her condition. She was an expert in haematology. She had gained a degree in it, and published several papers on severe forms of anaemia, under another name. She was recognised as one of the worlds fore most specialists, but she had never worked in any hospitals, she wanted to stay out of the lime light. Her research had also led her to look into vampire blood, she had been working on a project in New York for a private client. A turning that had gone wrong and the girl involved had never woken up. She had been in a coma for the last 50 years without aging. She had found a cure, but someone had started to stalk her. It wasn’t a vampire, but a human. So she left, and came to LA.

Chapter 4

She stepped out of the shower and lay back on the bed and closed her eyes, she was asleep in minutes. She dream the same dream she had for years. She was younger, and staying in a house with a young man, but she can’t see his face. He calls to her, but she can’t get to him, the house is ablaze and she is trapped. This is not just a dream, she knows it is history, but the memory has been distorted by the fire, in which she should have died. She survived by pure chance. When the stair she was on collapsed it threw her out of a window and into the clear. The scars around her eyes are a reminder of what happened. She wakes with a start, in a cold sweat. She lays on the bed just staring at the ceiling, she tries to put a face to the man but can’t, the memory is hidden from her. She turns to look at the clock, and see that only a couple of hours have past. She needs more sleep, yet she knows she won’t sleep any more now. She gets up and goes to the kitchen, first she makes coffee, then breakfast. She then goes to a second hidden fridge. In here is her medicine. She takes out a syringe and then a bag of modified blood. She could just drink it, but she is going to need all the strength she has. This is going to be a long day. She injects the serum into her arm and instantly feels more with the world. Who needs coffee when you have the best pick up available. Alex dressed in blue jeans and a t-shirt, pulling on her trainers she sees the necklace on the side, she has worn it everyday for the last 80 years, there is a scar on her neck where the metal from the pendant burnt her. She has replaced the chain many times over the years, but never the pendant. She puts on the necklace, picks up her shades, and heads out the door. She doesn’t know where she is going but she just walks. She likes walking, it helps her to think when she needs to. The streets are getting busier and she stops to see where she is. There is a small park across the way, she crosses and stops at a vender selling fresh juice and bagels. Getting a juice she enters the park. It’s quiet even though it is rush hour. The commuters just ignore her, they are in too much of a hurry to get to work. She sits on a bench and watches the people as they go by. They are like ants in a nest, every one knows what they have to do and where they have to go. Just one part of a society that is the greater whole. Alex sits for a while sipping the juice she bought, she can taste the juice, there is a hint of lemon and grapefruit in it. Also a chemical undertone of the spray used to keep the fruit pest free. Dam, the serum was working well. All her senses are in over drive. She hears the birds, the sirens 2 blocks away. She sees small details about the people going past. One has got a ketchup stain on his black jacket, another’s shoe laces are untied. The breeze feels good on the skin, it’s cool, and she relaxes letting the sensation wash over her. She becomes aware of being watch from the bushes behind her. “You can come out. I know your there.”

The bush rustles and a figure comes out. He is tall, and rugged, he has blue eyes and blonde hair. “How did you know I was there?”

“You want to tell me why a vamp is out during the day?”

“How do you know I’m a vamp?”

“You answer my question and I’ll answer yours.”

“I got chucked out of my pad, and the bushes here are thick and shady.” he was embarrassed. “I am looking for somewhere to stay.”

“Even the shade here won’t be enough, you know that. What were you going to do, attack someone and make them take you to their house?” sarcasm, not the best tact but it worked.

“Hey, I would find somewhere. I don’t attack people in broad daylight.” he shook his head. “You haven’t answered my question. How did you know I’m a vamp?”

“I know your kind. I can normally spot them. Tell you what, come back to mine. I have a freezer you lie in. and get some rest. You don’t look so good, even now.” She got up to leave.

“Do you mean it? I mean coming back to you place?” surprise in his voice.

“Yeah I mean it. You coming or what?” she continued to walk away. The vampire following then catching her up.

“My name is Brodie McCalister. Thanks, I think.”

“I’m Alex, nice to meet you Brodie. My apartment is a couple of blocks away. I think we should catch a cab, it will be quicker and easier on you.” She hailed a cab and gave the driver the address. They were there in a matter of minutes. She paid the cabbie, and lead the way into the building. They caught the elevator to the top floor. “This is my place, not much but still I can call it home.” she entered the flat. She looked round to make sure things were put away. Oh, the syringe was still on the side. She quickly headed into the kitchen and hid the needle. This Brodie didn’t need to know about her. She held her own secret as close to her heart as any vampire hides what they are. She turned around, Brodie was still stood in the doorway. “You can come in. The freezer is in the second room on the left. You may have to shift some left over’s.” She went into the lounge, and turned the stereo on. Music filled the room, strains of a rock love ballads. Alex turned around, Brodie had vamped out and was behind her. She didn’t have time to react, he sank his fangs into her shoulder. Alex crumpled to the floor, with Brodie still biting her. He was feeding, draining her, she needed to do something. She reached up to the counter. Her hand, found the bread knife. In one strong movement that took all she had, she thrust the knife into his chest. He let out a piercing cry and fell back from her. Alex scramble across the kitchen, wanting to put distance between them. Holding her neck she stared at the vamp writhing on the floor. Something was wrong here. The knife should only stop him briefly. But he was dying. The only ways to kill a vampire are beheading or fire. A wooden steak to the heart paralyses them. A knife is an annoyance. As she continued to watch Brodie, managed to pull the knife free. “What are you?” “What have you done to me?” The fear of dying was in his eyes. He never got the answer, with one last breath he died.

Alex continued to look at the body of the now dead vamp. She thought back to her research. She knew her condition was unique. Her blood was part of the cure for the girl in New York. Could it truly be a cure for vampirism. She couldn’t think of that now. She need blood and fast, Brodie had taken too much, even for her system to handle. She struggled to her feet. And went to the hidden fridge. There she kept a supply of blood. She knew what would happen but it was the only way. Slowly a mouthful at a time she drank. She hated the taste, but she knew that infusion would take to long. The last bag she took was her serum. It would help her to control the sensations she would get. She looked at the clock. Midday, she had five hours before she needed to be at work. Time enough to chill, literally. She headed to the freezer. She was annoyed she had fallen into Brodie’s trap, she should have known better. She wasn’t thinking straight. Alex opened the lid, there was a small mattress, she unrolled it. Then climbed in. The chilled air made her shiver, but she was starting to burn up. Closing the lid she lay back and closed her eyes. Darkness envelope her, and silence greeted her ears. She fell into a dreamless sleep. When she woke it took her a moment to remember where she was, and what had happened, but she felt better. Climbing out of the freezer she looked at the clock, it was 4pm. She had to be at work in an hour. She had to get rid of the body, she could have rung the cleaners in New York, she had dealt with them. Did they have them here in LA. She was pretty sure they would, she would have to ask Edward later. She changed into black trousers, a black vest top and black shirt. She put in her coloured contacts, put a little make-up on and put her boots on. Checking herself in the mirror she smiled. Oopps, side affect of fresh blood, her fangs were showing. At least they would go, she still had time before the freshies and guests arrived. Putting on her shades she headed to work.

She headed straight to the function room, the caterers had been and left the food, the blood suppliers had been and left their stock. Setting out tables she laid out the fresh food. The blood she placed on the fridges. She stocked the bar with drink and checked everything was right. This guy Kostan was respected and she needed to pull off this job. She needed to keep busy, she was beginning to get worried that whoever had been stalking her in NY may have followed her here. Edward appeared and checked in on her. ”How’s everything going? “ he looked around the room. ”Not bad, the freshies are starting to arrive. The bar is open, no charge. Mr Kostan is paying.”

“O.K. I’ll get the music on. Edward, do you think they would mind if I left my glasses on tonight? I don’t want to scare the girls. If you were shocked what would their reaction be?”

Edward thought for a moment, then answered. ”I think that should be alright. I’ll check back later.” with that he left. The first of the girls arrived half an hour later. Serving them drinks, they shot wary glances at her. Not sure what she was. Finally one of the girls asked, ” What are you?”

“What do you mean what am I? I’m not a vamp if that’s what you want to know. I just work here, and I’m not on the menu.”

“Oh, fine just wanted to know.” with a flick of her hair she left and joined the others. They all turned and looked at her. She smiled back and went back to work. A young well dressed man walked into the room, looking round he went over to the girls. Having checked on them he came over to the bar. “You have to be the new staff, what’s you name?”

Turning to face him Alex took an imperceptible gasp. She knew this man, but she couldn’t place him. “Alex, you must be Mr Kostan.” she tried to keep her voice neutral.

“ Yes that’s me. Just so you know, Edward told me your not on the menu. Have you ever?” The question was plain.

“No, I haven’t. I’m not likely to either. I suffer from anaemia. I can’t afford to lose blood. I’m a bit like a haemophiliac in that way. Was there anything you want or need Mr Kostan?”

“No I was just checking everything was alright. Thank you, Alex, wasn’t it?”

She nodded her head, and he walked away. She was desperately trying to remember where he was familiar from, but couldn’t manage it. It would come, probably when she wasn’t thinking about it. Right now she had a job to do. The bar was getting busy, the freshies wanted drinks and the vamp guest wanted blood. She was then introduced to the guest of honour. He introduced himself as Mick St John. He was getting married to a human. She was called Beth, she was having a bridal shower tonight. The wedding was in a week. She looked Mick up and down and thought Beth was very lucky, the guy was gorgeous. Still, she had to work, she wasn’t here to party. As the night wore on the vamps were also getting drunk. No real trouble but some were starting to bother the girls. Alex decided to step in when one of the girls was grabbed. She had been at the party all night and wanted to leave. “Hey, let her go. She doesn’t want to go with you.” The vampire turned to Alex at the sound.

“So why don’t you show me a good time?”

“Sorry, but I’m not on the menu. I just work here, and I say you’ve had enough. Maybe it’s time for you to say goodnight and leave.” Alex sounded forceful, but vamps are fast and strong. Before she knew it the vamp had her by the arm. She pulled away and her wrist, cracked. The pain was excruciating. It took all she had not to scream out, let alone change. The vamp then grabbed her shirt. She pulled away again and her shirt ripped and tore away. She was glad she had worn the vest underneath the shirt. The struggle had been notice by the other guests. The freshies ran out screaming, terrified they would be next. The room was now full of vampires, and Alex and her attacker were the centre of attention. Josef crossed the room at lighting speed grabbing the Vamp and throwing him across the room. Two other guest grabbed him and led him away. Alex was on the floor, holding her arm, her back to Josef. He reached down, noticing the scars on her back. “Are you alright, Alex? “

“Leave me alone.” Terror and pain in her words.

Josef waved off the others, and tried to turn her round gently. “Alex, I just want to make sure your O.K.”

“Go away, don’t look at me. Just leave me alone.” her glasses were in her hand, shattered. Josef’s strong hand turned her around, even with her resisting. She kept her head bowed. The pain from he wrist was threatening to turn out her lights. The world around her was going grey, from the edges in. She needed a boost. She looked round, there was plenty of alcohol, but no blood in reach. Slowly she looked up into the face of Josef Kostan. He still was in vamp mode. She looked into his eyes and new where she had seen him. As she watched he turned back to normal. He looked into her face, not seeming to see the scars around her eyes and smiled. He noticed she was about to faint, “Hey, stay with me. We’ll get you to a hospital.” She didn’t hear the last few words as she passed out.

Chapter 5

When she woke up she was in a hospital bed, her wrist in a cast. She looked around, Josef was stood in the doorway. ”Hey, you’re awake. Good, I wanted to apologise for tonight, I’m sorry and I mean it. Oh, the doctors here want to keep you in.”

“I’m not staying, I’ve got to get home. I need my medicine.” again she wasn’t thinking straight, this time it was the painkillers the doctors had given her. She tried to get up. Josef held her down, he looked into her eyes. She couldn’t focus, his face swam in and out. “Let me go!! Please.“ the last word a plea.

“I’ll get the doctor, I’ll see if he will let you into my care. Then we can go from there.” and he left her, lying on the bed. She thought back to a time 80 years before, and yes this Josef was there. He was Charles. Her hand went to her neck, the necklace was there. She had rarely taken it off, but she did now. She didn’t want him to remember this way. It was better he didn’t know. Josef came back in. ”The doctor has let you leave, as long as your in my care for at least the next 48 hours.” She still felt muddled. She need the serum. “Come on I’ll help you. I’ll run you back to your apartment you can get what you need from there. Then you’ll stay with me for the day. Just to make sure your alright.” a caring tone, set her at ease. The nurse came with a wheelchair to help her to Josef’s car.

“Thank you Mr Kostan, but I shan’t stay at your apartment. I need to be at home.” she tried to sound strong.

“That’s not going to happen, and please call me Josef. I told the doctors you would be with me and that’s exactly what is going to happen.” she heard the uncompromising tone in what he said.

“Looks like I don’t have a choice then do I!” she told him her address and he started to drive. As he drove he glanced at her, a questioning look on his face. “What? You keep looking at me. Do the scars repulse you?”

“No, I just have this feeling I know you from somewhere.”

“You do the club.” she sounded sarcastic. She still had the necklace in her pocket. She knew he was old, and that vampires have good memories. She didn’t need him to remember. Maybe later but not now.

“Ha ha, very funny. That’s not what I meant.” he slowed the car to a stop at the kerb, “We’re here. Let’s get what you need. The sun is up and I need my rest.” The two got out of the car and entered the building. Taking the elevator to the top floor, they arrived at the door. Josef stopped, he sniffed the air and looked worried. “There’s been a vampire here. Let me go in first.” Just then Alex remembered the body on the floor. Dam, she thought, she had forgotten about Brodie’s body in the kitchen.

“No, I’ll get what I need you wait here.”

“Not going to happen. If a vamp has been here, they may still be here. Give me your keys, you wait here.” he put his hand out. Reluctantly she gave him the keys. He opened the door carefully. The smell of blood washed over the both of them. Josef vamped out, entering the room. Looking round he saw the body on the floor. Alex was behind him. ”You don’t happen to know any cleaners do you?” matter of factly, no surprise in her voice. She pushed past him, stepping over the body.

“You want to tell me what happened here?” opening his cell phone and dialling out. He gave the address and a brief description of what appeared to have happened. Then he closed his phone. Still looking at Alex.

“Let’s just say I’m having a bad day. Attacked twice in one day isn’t good. Things are supposed to run in threes. What’s next?” She hadn’t even turned to look at him. She went to a cupboard and got a syringe out. Then went to the hidden fridge. “Do you want something to drink?” reaching in and removing the bag of serum. She placed the bag on the counter and stuck the needle in drawing out a dose. She hadn’t heard Josef come up behind her.

“No, but I would like to know why, you have blood in a hidden fridge?” she jumped at his words, and him being so close.

“I told you I have anaemia, the serum and blood are part of my treatment regime. I need to take this serum. Make yourself comfortable, I need about 30 minutes.” she indicated to the sofa, and walked towards her room. Aware he was still looking at her. Following her every step. Closing the door behind her, she went to the bed. Sitting on the edge, she took the needle and plunged it into her arm, emptying the contents into her bloodstream. A small moan escaped her. The rush was instant, she lay back letting the feelings wash through her. After about ten minutes she sat up again. She looked down at the cast on her arm. She could take it off but it would raise too many questions, she could feel the bone healing. Give it a week she would be fine. Through the door she heard Josef talking, the cleaners had arrived. They seemed puzzled, the body was a vamp, but they wanted to know how a stab wound had killed him. Josef had no answers, but he was thinking of some questions. Time for her to leave. This was a new record. 3 days, she had been in town 3 days, and now she would have to leave. Where to go, she could go back to NY, and finish the treatment for the private client. But then what? Maybe she should go somewhere completely different. A change of name, a change of location, she was getting good at this. Maybe she could go back to England, fifty years was long enough away, she liked it in the countryside. Get it, and right no-one asked too many questions. She stood up, her head swam and she sat down on the bed hard. Slowly, she thought, standing again. She went to the closet and grabbed a bag, grabbing some clothes and stuffing them in. Looking around one more time to make sure she had what she needed she went to the window. Looking back at the door, she clambered on to the fire escape. She was sorry to be leaving, she had just found the man who saved her all those years ago. She wanted to stay, but circumstances now dictated her actions. “Goodbye Josef, I’ll miss you.” and she leapt down the escape, barely touching it.

Josef had been looking around the apartment while the cleaners worked. He found the freezer, and curiosity made him open it. The mattress was still inside. There was also a smell of blood, faint but there. He lifted the mattress to get a better smell. He had smelt it before, a long time ago. It brought back some memories he thought long forgotten. He ran to the bedroom door, Standing there he heard ”Goodbye Josef, I’ll miss you”. He opened the door onto an empty room. Entering he went to the window. Looking down he saw no one. He then looked round the room. There on the floor was a necklace. He bent down and picked it up. Holding it up he studied it. The memories came back, the fire and the girl who had been in it. He had given this pendant to her. She had died and he had watched it. Humans were fragile, and mortal. He had left feeling he too, should have died in that fire. This was all just before he came to America. It was 80 years ago. How could this woman have this pendant? Now he would never know, she was gone. He could follow he scent was still in the air, but the rain that was now falling would soon disperse it. He turned and went back to the cleaners in the lounge. They had finished and were leaving. They asked him if he had any other info about the incident and he said no, but if he found anything out he would tell them. He was now left in the empty apartment.

The sun was up and even though it was raining, Josef felt drained. He had to get back to his pad. He needed to sleep. He drove home and left a message at his office that he wasn’t to be disturbed. He stripped and climbed into his freezer. His mind going over the events. He was tired, and it took him a while to sleep. Vampires don’t dream. If he could, he would have dreamt of his Gwen.

JosefsRose
Freelance freshie

Post by JosefsRose »

Hey all, This is the first section of the final part of this my very first story, written oh so long ago. I will post the final section either tonight or tomorrow depending on RL. Enjoy, and if you have the time please feed the muse with your feed back.

Part 3
New York, a week later.
Chapter 6

A phone was ringing, a dark skinned, middle aged woman walks down the hall to answer it. “Hello.”

“Good afternoon Paula, it’s Dr Smith. I’m back in town for a short while, and would like to check in on Sara. Then I would like to finish her treatment.”

“Oh, hello Dr Smith, yes of course. When would you like to come?”

“Tomorrow morning if possible.”

“Around 9am, that would be fine. I’ll see you then.” she replaced the hand set. Then after searching for a number, she picked up the phone and dialled. “Good afternoon Sir, you asked me to ring you if the good doctor came back. Well she is and will be here tomorrow, to check on Miss Sara and finish her treatment.” a pause as a reply was made. “Very good I’ll see you this evening.” again she replaces the hand set. She walks back down the hall and checks in on her charge. The girl is lying on a bed with satin covers. She is the same as was 50 years ago. Her red hair is splayed out across the pillow. Her skin is perfect, and smooth. She is attached to various machines that check her heart and breathing. There are drips in her arms, one of which is supplying blood. Paula, checks everything then sits in a chair next to the bed. Picking up a book, she starts reading. Later this evening, her boss will arrive, he has cared for Sara as long as she can remember. She hopes that the doctor can help, no one should have to live as Sara has. Time passes and she hears the door open then close. She looks up from her book. Standing in the doorway is Josef. “Good evening Paula, how is she today?”

“Good evening Sir. She is just the same. There has been no change.” she looks at his face the sadness there shows. The young man in front of her cares deeply for her charge.

“Why don’t you go and rest, I’ll sit with her a while.” he walks to the side of the bed. Carefully taking one of Sara‘s hands. As Paula leaves, he starts to talk to the prone figure in the bed. “Oh my sweet, I have missed looking on your beautiful face. I should spend more time here, but I have been busy.” he continues to talk about what he has been doing lately, finishing with the party for Mick. “The doctor is coming tomorrow” looking out the window he see the sun is starting to rise, ”I should say today, she wants to try her treatment. This could be it, we may finally be together, as we were meant to be.” As he finishes, there is a knock on the door. Paula stands there drinking a cup of coffee.

“I’ll take over now, you need to rest before the doctor gets here. Go get something to eat, you have been here all night.”

He needs little persuading, he is hungry and needs to feed. He gets up and leaves, looking back from the door he says “Call me when the doctor arrives. I would like to meet her. She has cost me enough for her time, but there is no limit on what I would do for Sara.” He closes the door behind him and goes to his room. Here, in private he feeds, then sleeps. A few hours later, there is a knock and Paula wakes him. “Dr Smith is here. She arrived a few minutes ago. She is in with Sara.”

“Thanks, Paula I’ll be down shortly.“ he rose, washed and dressed in a smart but casual suit. Heading down the stair, he was thinking about what had happened in LA. Who was Alex? Why had she left and where did she go? What had she meant by she would miss him. That suggested that she knew him, then there was the pendant. So many questions, and so few answers. He reached the doors and paused before opening them. He was worried about what may happen today. He has spent a year with Sara before he had tried to turn her. Then the next 50 years caring for her. The next few hours were terrifying to him. He opened the doors and walked in. “Good morning Dr Smith, my name is Charles Fitzgerald. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“Yes, it is a good morning. I feel confident that this final treatment will work. I have to ask one thing of you though.” turning to face the voice behind her.

“What do require?” he looks at the doctor, she is of an indeterminate age, the red hair tied back in a loose pony tail, green eyes behind glasses looking back at him.

“I need some of your blood, as it is your blood that would have turned her originally. I need some for the final treatment.” nothing spared, just straight to the point.

Charles/Josef was taken aback. “Fine, how much do you need?”

“Not much, 20ml. Less than a syringe full. Once I combine it with the serum I have formulated, I can start the infusion. We’ll know the results fairly quickly after that. Do you have any questions before we start?” again just the fact, all business.

“I guess not. Let’s get on with it. Here.” offering his arm to her. “try not to hurt me too much.” sarcasm, it hid a multitude of emotions.

Taking his arm she drew the blood required. Walking over to a table she opened a cooler, withdrawing a blood bag. The contents were milky, she injected the blood into the bag and started to mix it by squeezing. Mixing it for a few minutes, she continued to check Sara’s condition. Her pulse and blood pressure. When she was ready, she connected the bag into the drip in Sara’s arm. “We should see results in 10 to 15 minutes.” The time passed slowly, it seemed an eternity. Then all of a sudden, the monitors alarms went off. Beeping filled the room, followed by a single pitched tone. Flatline.

“What have you done you’ve killed her.” his anger changing him into his vamp self. He turned, grabbing her, lifting her clear off the floor. “You killed my Sara!”

“Charles?” a quiet voice. “Charles is that you?”

His head spun round, looking at the bed. Dropping the doctor, he went to the bedside. “Sara, my love. Your alive!” He turned back to the doctor, but she was nowhere to be seen. He heard the front door close. “I’ll be back, my sweet Sara.” he ran to the door and opened it. The sunlight hurt his eyes, but still he went out. Looking up and down the road he could see no-one, Then he heard a car start. Heading towards it, he found a red wig lying on the ground. He ran to the car. Opening the door he looked in. His eyes widened in shock. “You?”

“Me.” Green eyes stared back at him. “Go be with Sara, you have a lot of catching up to do, and explaining. Guide her well, you two are fated to be together.”

“Why did you leave in such a hurry? I heard what you said, it makes no sense. We had never met before the party, yet you seemed to know me.”

“That’s a story for another time, now you need to be with Sara. We will meet again, guaranteed.” she looks away, and he closes the door. He watches as she drives off down the street. Something is bothering him. No cast on her arm and no scars around her eyes. Had a vamp turned her, since she left. He walked back to the house. His Sara needed him now. She was with him now and for ever. Alex had given her back to him. He went back to the room. Sara was sitting up in bed, “Charles, you look the same as ever.”

“So do you my love. We have a lot to talk about. Are you hungry?” The love in his face was illuminating. He hadn’t been this happy since he met her back in 1954. He started to tell of all the things, that had happened. While she listened intently. They talked for hours and day turned to night. He then started to teach her all the things she needed, for her to survive as a vampire.

Chapter7

As Alex drove away, she looked in her rear view mirror. Josef was walking back to the house. She wondered why she had never realised that Sara was connected to Josef. She needed to think. So instead of driving to the airport, she decided to drive across country. It would help clear her mind. It was along drive and she wouldn’t hurry. She didn’t have anything really to go back to. Did she? In NY someone had been stalking her, in LA she thought they were there. Why her? She carried on driving, she would stop sometime tomorrow, stay in a roadside motel. She had some serum, she had made enough formatting the treatment for Sara. She would just have to make do. She had contacts across the country, she would have to call in some favours.

Next morning she stopped at a truck stop. She was hungry, ordering steak and pancakes, she sat in one of the booths. The waitress came round and filled her coffee cup, returning only to bring her food. Looking out of the window, Alex saw a car she had seen in NY. It had been parked near her Laboratory, then again near Josef’s house. Had it been following her? She couldn’t see anyone inside, which meant they were in the diner. She finished off her food and paid and went outside. She needed to draw them out, and she could think of one way. Walking up to the car, she started to let the tyres down, then She hit the windshield. It worked, two men came running out of the diner yelling. “What the hell do you think your doing? Hey stop it.”

“Tell me why you’re following me?” Out of breath, the action had taken a lot on her part.

“We wanted to know what you were doing with certain people.”

“Like who? I’m a doctor, client confidentiality.”

“Mr Fitzgerald, was one. You also worked in a club. The patrons there are of interest to us.”

“I don’t know a Mr Fitzgerald. As for the club it paid my bills, what any of the patrons get up to, is their business. So what do you want with me?” an edge of annoyance in her voice.

“We work for an organisation that wants to redress the balance of society. The people we are interested in think of themselves as beyond our laws and morals.”

“You still haven’t answered what do you want with me?”

“You seem to have access to this element, we would like you to come and work for us.”

“Work for you, why on earth, would I want to do that?” puzzlement crept in. She was curious, she thought they were after her because of what she was. It was in a way, but only in that she had contact with.. With who? It couldn’t be her research, that was mostly in the public domain. That only left vampires. What did this organisation want with them.

“We would help fund your medical research into blood disorders, in return you would help us locate certain people. These people would need to be tracked, till the final solution is put into play.”

“It sounds to me that you need a private eye, not a doctor. Why pay for my research? It has no outside benefits to those without the disorders I study. And what is this final solution?”

“You would be given a project to do. It would be a cure for a very rare illness. This is the final solution. You current research is very valid to this. What do you say?” the tone is indifferent, with an edge of urgency.

“Do you need an answer now, or can I think it over?” Stalling.

“You can think it over. Here, when you make your decision give that number a call. Leave you name and decision. We’ll call you back, and sort the details. Just take your time, and come to the right one.” The menace in his voice was obvious. If she gave them the wrong answer she would be part of the problem.

“One thing, what is so different about these people , that they have to be dealt with?” that was a loaded question and the response would tell her a lot.

“A question for you, as a doctor you think logically?”

“Yes, of course.”

“Then my question to you is this. Do you believe in vampires?”

Alex laughed, it caught them off guard. ”Vampires, vampires. You could say I do. Vampirism is a genetic deviation, It causes a fault in the bodies ability to make blood. Sufferers have to have regular transfusions to survive. Some people take it to the extreme, and appear to ingest blood. This doesn’t work, the acid in the stomach breaks down the bonds, and they still have to inject or transfuse blood.” The statement was true to a point, but only a point. “But then if you want to know if I believe in blood sucking Vampires, I would have refer you Bram Stoker, he wrote a very good book, you’ve probably heard of it. Dracula.” A petty comment, but it seemed to the trick.

“Let’s just say this element of society, is more akin to your second description. Our organisation keeps the balance between, them and us.”

“O.K. You want me to believe, real vampires exist, and you want me to formulate… what? A cure or a poison?” sounding doubtful she hoped. “That’s a lot to process. I will call you with my decision, when I get back to LA. Until then, leave me a lone. Don’t follow me, don’t ring me. Just leave me alone!”

“Fine, but we suggest you don’t take too long. We are patient but not eternally so.” With that they got back into their car and drove off.

Standing in the car park, Alex had just bought some time. But how much? It would take her a week to drive back LA. She needed all the time she could get, to think of a way of using this against this organisation. She lived in both worlds, she had many friends that were vampires. They weren’t deviants, just changed by circumstance. Many had not had a choice about being turned. She walked back to her car, getting in she went to dial a number. Stopping, she realised that they would probably have a tap on her phone. This was no longer secure, but she needed to ring one of her contacts within the vampire community. They had to made aware of what was happening. Driving off she, carried on thinking. She could easily stall them, once she started the research they wanted. She already had a “cure” for vampirism. She had been around long enough to know that, various events in history were not all they appeared. This group had been culling the vampire population for centuries. She maybe 200years give or take a few more, and she had heard of routs. The French revolution came to mind. History, tells a different story in human terms. But for vampires it was a reign of terror. She now knew what it was she had to do. Driving on she made a pit stop at another diner. The restaurant was cool after the heat outside. Looking round she spotted the phone. Checking no-one had followed her she dialled. The phone rang for a few moments then was answered. “Mick St John”

“Oh, hello I need your help. Your Josef’s friend right.”

“What do want with Josef?” he sounded wary.

“My name is Alex, I worked at the club where you had you party. I need you to get a message to him urgently.”

“I don’t know where he is. He disappeared a week ago and nobody’s seen him since. What do you want with him? He was with you the last time anyone saw him.” anger towards her and concern for his friend.

“It’s a long story, and I don’t have time to tell you now. Josef’s in NY. Sara has woken up, he’s spending some time with her. Look ring him and tell him, there’s a culling due. He’ll know what that means.”

“Why don’t you ring him?” A blunt question, she had to reply to.

“I can’t, I don’t have his number. Also my phone is no longer secure. So tell him not to ring me, please.” the last word lingered.

“O.K. I’ll ring him, but we should meet. Where are you?”

“I’m on the road. Driving back to LA, I should be there within the week.” the phone crackled, “I’ll call you when I’m closer. Be careful Mr St John.” she hung up before he could reply. The crackling on the phone, could it be they had his lines tapped. If so, had she just signed their death warrants. Certainly hers if they had. She now had to get back as fast as possible. Time for another change of identity. In her lifetime she had only every used three names. She decided to go back to her original name. Guinevere de la Coeur. The monks had given her the name. She hadn’t used in a long time, but now was that time. This was a time for origins. She left the diner, filled the car and headed for the nearest airport.

Eight hours later she landed at LAX. Hailing a taxi ,she went to an abandoned complex. Over the years she had invested in property. She owned buildings and land, in just about every major city. This was only one of several she had in LA. She paid the driver and watched him pull away. Walking up to the door, she pulled a remote and opened the door. There was nothing derelict about this building. Inside was a state of the art laboratory, this was where much of her research on vampire blood was done. It was also where she created her serum. Heading for a fridge, she rolled up her sleeve. Taking the time she prepared a syringe and gave herself the injection she so needed. She had gone to long without taking the serum. She was starting to get the hunger. Going to another fridge she pulled a bag of blood. The urge to drink it was strong, instead she placed a canular in her arm, setting up a drip she lay down on bed. The blood slowly entered her system. The relief was instant, she felt calmer and able to reason clearly again. When she was finished she cleared away the used bag and needles. Walking across the lab she went into an office. Here mounted in the wall was a safe. It was hidden from view. Opening it she retrieved some documents. Her change back to who she really was needed just one last thing. She removed her contact lenses. Pale eyes glared back once more.

Chapter8

Picking up a mobile phone, she dialled Mick St John’s number. “Mick St John, private investigator.” a female voice.

“Is Mr St John there please?”

“He’s in a meeting at the moment, can I take a message?”

What to do, this had to stay within the community. “My name is Alex, I spoke to him yesterday, about a friend. It’s urgent I speak with him.”

“Can you hold a moment, I’ll see if I can get him.” a moment later St John came on the phone. “Alex, I managed to get hold of Josef, he was shocked at your message. He wants to meet up with you. He’s back here. Where are you now?”

Josef was already back in LA, where was Sara, had he brought her with him? She thought “I’m in LA, I decided to fly back. There is too much going on, to take that much time to get back could be disastrous. I’ll meet you both at the club, at 9pm. I’ll explain everything then.”

“Fine, we’ll be there.” she hung up. Now to ring the others. She would play them at their own game. Dialling the number on the other phone, she left her message. Moments later, the phone rang back.

“A wise decision, You have a laboratory, we will supply the money for the research. Each month, $10,000 will paid into your account. Use it as you see fit to obtain what you require. We will expect regular updates on how you are proceeding. If we think you are stalling, there will be consequences. Do we make ourselves clear?”

“Abundantly, I will start as soon as I can. I need to get some equipment. Are you able to supply some DNA of those who I will be working on.?”

“That won’t be a problem, you will have samples in two weeks, let us know where they need to be delivered.”

“No problem, shall I ring this number?” trying to get a fix, some thing she could trace.

“No we will send you an e-mail, your reports can also be sent there. Welcome to the Legion.” with that the line went dead. Great they had given her a way of tracking them. They just didn’t know it. Time to bring down the society that had plagued the vampire community for so long.

Looking at the clock it was two in the afternoon. She had time for a shower and a rest, she hadn’t slept in 72 hours. Setting the alarm to wake her, she went to sleep. Only for nightmares to return. Her sleep was less than restful. The alarm went off at 7.30, she rose and looked in a mirror. She felt her age, even if the face in the mirror was relatively young. Showering she thought back on here first meeting with Josef. He was kind and caring, yet there was a dangerous streak in him. She had seen both in he short time she had known him back then. He thought her dead after the fire, he had then come to America and started a new life. After the fire she had spent some time travelling around. She came to America by accident, working on a boat, that later sunk during the journey. She had been rescued. She changed her name then. Working in menial jobs to start with, learning, going to school, then college. Slowly she built up funds and property. She was wealthy, worth millions if not billions. But all the money was under different names to stop any inquisitive people, realising what she was. With all this reminiscing she had lost track of time. It was 8.30pm, she had to be at the club at 9pm. She dressed, grabbed a few things and headed to the bike, hidden in the garage out back. Grabbing her helmet she started it up, the deep growl from the engine reminded her of the beast within her, and all vampires. Driving fast she wove in and out of the traffic, even at this hour the city was never quiet. She arrived with time to spare. Entering trough the staff entrance, she headed for the members room. She passed Edward on the way. “Alex, your back?” not really a question.

“Sort of, I have a meeting with Mr Kostan. Is he here yet?” not wanting to get sidetracked.

“ Yes, he’s in the billiard room with Mick St John.”

“Thanks, I’ll catch up with you later.” hurrying past him. She walked in to the room. Stopping just inside the doorway.

St John, was the first to turn towards her. His eyes shifted to her face, His eyes widening, paling as he changed. Josef sensed the change in his friend and turned. Looking at what had angered his friend. Alex stood in the doorway. Eyes pale, fangs drawn out. “Hello Josef, or is it Charles? Long time no see.”

St John, spoke first. ”You’re a vampire!” a statement not a question. “How, who turned you?”

Josef had continued to stare, taking in what he was seeing. Remembering the past and present. “How can you be here?” disbelief evident in his words. “Mick, calm down she’s no threat.” turning to his friend.

“I’m not all I seem, what do your senses tell you?” both men smelled the air. “I’m human, right. But your eyes are telling you something else. That I’m a vampire.” pausing, she let them take everything in. “Essentially I’m both.”

“That’s not possible.” Mick spoke up. “You can’t be both, unless you have a cure of sorts, and the only cure I know of turns you completely mortal for a short while.”

“ How old would you say I am, Mick?” she looked at Josef.

“No more 35 give or take a few years.”

Alex laughed, “What about you Josef, how old do you think I am?” a trick question for him, he had met her many years before.

“I wouldn’t want to guess, I knew a younger you, you told me back then you were 21. That was eighty years ago. So your at least 100.”

“I’m a bit more than that, I was born in 1773, that makes me 235 years old. I have the longevity of a vampire, but I still age like a human, just very slowly. I have the best and worst of both worlds. I can feed normally or like a vamp, I get the hunger, but have created a serum to counter it. I have no wish to feed off humans. The blood makes the hunger worse, my inner beast cries out for the hunt. I have no longing to be a vampire, but I have no choice.”

“I thought you were dead. How did you survive?” Josef’s mind raced.

“They are questions for another time. Mick gave you my message. The Legion is about to start another cull, this time they want a chemical solution to the problem. They have approached me to work for them. I said yes.” both men Vamped out at once, sensing they may have been betrayed. “But only so I can work from the inside, delaying them. Trying to find out what they are up to.” the growling stopped, both men calmed down but did not change back. “If I can find the base of operations for them, we can eliminate the threat for good!” She watched their faces, she knew they would either talk or attack. They felt threatened. Slowly Josef and Mick turned back, Josef looking into the eyes he had once cared for a long time ago. Eyes that had been hidden by contacts. Changing their colour, hiding the identity of the owner.

“Alright, it might work, how do you intend to find them?” Mick’s PI coming to the front.

“I have to send them reports, I’ll track the IP address, I also have a phone number, but I think this is just a messenger service. Still I’ll follow up on it.”

“I know someone who can help on that front.” Mick thinking of Logan.

“No, the more people who know, the more risk of failure. For now it’s between the three of us.” she hadn’t meant to sound that forceful, but she had too much experience of things getting out of hand.

“Alex, the community needs to know what is happening.” She barley responded to this statement, she was thinking.

“You better call me by my proper name from now on.”

Puzzlement crossed both men’s faces, “Then what is your real name?” Mick asked.

“Guinevere, Guinevere de la Coeur, you can call me Gwen.” It sounded strange coming from her mouth. She hadn’t spoken it in a very long time. Josef had only known her as Gwen in the short time he had known her, but he had heard the surname before. Was history repeating its-self. She was born in 1773, eleven years before the French revolution. One of the greatest vampire culls in history. He has heard the name crop up through out his long life. Is she the same person.

The three sat and talked over what they should do, Mick and Josef still weren’t sure, they could trust Gwen. Josef was more distrusting, he knew the history. There were too many coincidences. Hours past and the talk was interrupted by Mick’s phone ringing. “Sorry, it’s Beth. I need to take this call.” he looked embarrassed. He left Josef and Gwen sitting in an awkward silence. “I know you, or I thought I knew you, but I have lived 400 years and your surname has cropped up a lot in the last 200. Are you the same person?”

“I have lived in secret for most of my life. Yes, I probably am the same person. I have not always been…. “ trying to think how to continue. “as controlled as I am now. I used to leave the monastery at night. I hunted, killed even. The monks never realised, the stories from the surrounding villages and towns were me.”

“So you weren’t able to control your impulses. What changed?”

“I came across another vampire while hunting. He thought I was newly turned, and decided that he would show me what I should do, before I went rouge. My real problem was puberty, all those hormones rushing round my system. It lasted 50 years. I was nearly a 100 by then.” a small nervous laugh escaped her. Mick came back into the room at that point.

“I have to go, Beth has been working on a case with me, and she has found something. I’ll ring you Josef, you can let me know what’s happening then.” He gave Gwen a look, he wasn’t sure about her, but Josef just nodded his head. Mick left and the uneasy silence resumed.

The two of them looked at each other, Josef got up from his chair and walked round to Gwen. He had so many questions, but instead of asking them he knelt down in front of her. He placed one of his hands on her cheek, she responded by trying to pull away. Josef held her, he saw in her eyes the truth. Moving his hand to the back of her neck he pulled. She came towards him, eyes lock on his. He kissed her, gently at first. Gauging her reaction, she responded by kissing him back. The kisses became stronger, as long held emotions broke down the barriers. How long had she wanted this? Ever since that first kiss some 80 years before. She wanted him, she always had. He was the figure from her dreams and nightmares, she had found him again. Their kissing became frantic, ferocious. Gwen suddenly pull back, “Josef stop.” breathlessly.

“Why?” whispered, still kissing her neck.

“Sara, what about her?” heart hammering in her chest, she didn’t want him to stop. Her rational mind was losing the battle.

Josef stopped, looking at her, he tried to control the passion he was feeling. A sad look came across his eyes. “She’s dead, she wouldn’t accept what she was. She attacked several people, killing one. It was broad daylight. The threat to us became to much. She was dealt with. I loved her, but in the end turning her had been the wrong decision. It wasn’t your fault, so don’t go blaming yourself. Your treatment brought her back to me for a short while.”

“Josef.” one word loaded with so much. It was her turn to kiss him. She leant forward and kissed his forehead. Then she held him, she felt his pain as he started to cry. Yes he had loved Sara, ending her life must have been one of the hardest things he had ever done. Slowly he gained some control, he stood up, taking Gwen’s hand. Leading her from the club, and to his car. “Josef I can’t be seen to leave with you. I think they are watching me.”

“Bit late now, but I want you.” a light in his eyes, “ Meet me at my apartment, please” there was longing there.

“Sure, I’ll follow shortly. This way it looks like I’m working. I’ll see you shortly.” turning and re-entering the club. She hoped they weren’t watching, otherwise it was a bust, trying to get on the inside. She went to the main bar, Edward was there. “Hey, sorry about earlier, do I still have a job or have you found someone?” she tried to look hopeful.

“Sure, the members were asking about you. What’s with you and Mr Kostan?” probing.

“In what way, I had a meeting with him.” what had he seen, or heard.

“Shall we say, I saw nothing.” his comment put her hackles up, her fangs dropped.

“What you saw, is nothing to do with you. I have been working on a project with him.” she growled and bared her fangs.

“Oh,” He instantly backed down, thinking that Josef had turned her. “No problem, can you work Saturday?”

“Saturday, sure. I’ll see you then.” leaving quickly, she hated to do that, but she didn’t really trust him. It may all come to nothing, she left the club. Riding at breakneck speed she went to Josef’s.

JosefsRose
Freelance freshie

Re: Half Breed - my first Fic- PG-13 New section posted.

Post by JosefsRose »

Ok, here are the final chapters of my first story that I wrote. I hope you have enjoyed it, and let me know what you think.

Chapter 9

The door was open when she arrived, “Josef?” silence, something was wrong, “Josef,” more urgency in her voice. Entering the room she vamped out, inhaling deeply smelt a fight, there was blood, and further in there was a body. Not wanting to look, but taking a step forward to get a better look. Not Josef’s, relief swept through her. Taking a closer look, she recognised the face. It was one of the men who had approached her to work for the Legion. Quickly she checked the apartment, no-one else there. So they had managed to take Josef, he had killed one attacker, but she sensed at least two more. Gwen returned to the body on the floor, checking to see if there was anything to help her find where they may have taken Josef. She turned towards the door at the sound of someone running towards the apartment. “Josef, Mick are you here?” as Beth ran in through the open door, “Oh my god! Josef, Josef are you here?” The intruder scanned the room, blue eyes wide. The slowly settled on the body on the floor, then to the figure next to it. “Where’s Josef?” her eyes locked on Gwen’s “What have you done with Josef?”

Standing slowly, Gwen let out a low growl, “Nothing, I was looking for Josef, I was supposed to meet him here.” the two stood at opposite ends of the room, neither one wanting to make the first move. “You know Josef?” It was accusatory, from Beth. There were a lot of questions flying around, and very little trust. Gwen decided that she should try and get some facts. “O.K. I’ll start, Yes I know Josef, I have for a while, were friends.” it sounded awkward “I met him earlier this evening, with Mick St John. We’re trying to sort out a problem. Oh, yeah my name’s Guinevere de la Coeur, call me Gwen. Now it’s your turn.” as she finished she retracted her fangs.

Beth looked unsure, but her reporters nature took over. “Josef is my husbands best friend, I came here looking for him because something has happened. I think you know something about it, maybe you are part of it. My name is Beth, Beth St John. Mick is my husband.”

Gwen looked worried, if they had both Josef and Mick, it wasn’t good. She thought back over the last 24 hours, she had, been in contact with both of them. Then she had met them both at the club. Beth spoke up. “ Why do you look so worried, what’s going on?” There was a strength in Beth’s voice. “What ever it is I want to help. Mick is my life, I can’t imagine a world with out him.” Gwen felt exactly the same about Josef. She decided to tell Beth about the Legion, and what she thought was going on. When she finished, Beth sat in silence taking it all in. “So what do we do, how do we find the boys?” Beth’s look was determined.

“Does Mick’s phone have GPS?” an idea was forming.

“Yes, we trace it?” Beth’s eyes lit up.

“We can try, what’s the number?” she headed over to a computer terminal, she logged on to a system as Beth called out Mick’s number. “Call it, let it ring this may take a minute.” Beth did as she was told. Letting the phone ring, to her surprise it was answered.

“Mrs St John, what can I do for you?” The voice was slick, and snake like, hissing slightly.

Trying to sound calm she replied,” Is Mick there, I was wondering where he’d got to.” looking straight at Gwen. Gwen mouthed ‘keep him talking’ “We had dinner plans.”

“He’s unavailable at the moment, he and Mr Kostan are a little hung up.” there was a slight chuckle after, and laughter in the back ground, as if someone had made a joke. Beth was still looking at Gwen. ‘Got it!’ whispered Gwen. “I’ll let him know you rang, when he’s less tied up.” The phone went dead.

“So let’s go, I don’t think we have a lot of time. Where are we going?” Beth went to leave.

“Whoa, hold on a minute, where do you think you’re going. They are mercenaries, they would have no hesitation in killing you. Especially in front of Mick, just to make him suffer. I may have a chance with the element of surprise on my side. But with you there, that’s too many things to worry about.”

Beth thought she‘s as bad a Mick was at first, “Look, I maybe human, but I have killed to save Mick and would do so again. I’m not scared, I don’t shock easily any more. So I’m coming. Two of would make it easier. You fight, you’re the vampire, you’re stronger and faster than me. I’ll help the boys” Beth’s chin was set, there was going to be no discouraging her.

“Alright Beth, you’re right. Let’s go” no time to explain what she was to Beth now.

The two of them go down to the parking garage and get into Beth’s Prius. Gwen gave Beth the location it was down on the docks. Heading off, Gwen sat quietly, she had some thinking to do. This was all too neat. It stunk, she realised it was probably a trap. The big questions was for who though. If they wanted the vampires they had them. Why not just kill them? Gwen became aware that Beth was talking to her. “Sorry Beth, I was thinking, what did you say?”

“ I said this reminds me of when I found out Mick was a vampire. Lee Jay Spalding had him trapped at a warehouse, having shot him with silver. He was going to burn him with a welding torch, I shot Lee Jay. I followed him back to his loft after he did a vanishing act. He wasn’t in good shape. That’s when he told me what he was.” Beth was still looking at her face. “Your eyes, they’re still pale. You’re still vamped out!”

It was going to be too hard to explain what she was maybe after they got Mick and Josef out. If they got them out “Yeah, just keeping my senses on top.” She reached into her pocket and removed a new pair of shades, and put them on. “We’re here. Pull up around the corner.” Beth did so. Both girls got out of the car. Looking round they saw an open door, leading into the warehouse. “Beth, this is probably a trap.”

“I was thinking the same thing, but for who?”

“Me, I let them think I was going to help them, but I think they realised I was double crossing them.”

“Why you? What makes you so important?”

“Easy, these guys are vampire hunters, I have spent many years researching vampire blood, and finding ways to try and cure Vampirism. The cure is elusive. I had a little success, but it wasn’t permanent.”

Beth looked shocked, she thought of the cure Coraline had. Had this vampiress come up with it. “Are we going to get them back?” she sounded worried.

“Sure, can you go in and cause a distraction, it will give me time to get behind them if possible.” she was asking a great deal of someone she had only just met. “Take this.” she handed Beth a 45mm. “I fairly sure you know how to use it.” with that she disappeared from Beth view. Beth thought to herself I hate it when they do that.

Gwen silently made her way around the walls, until she could see what was going on. She looked up, and saw walkway above her. Using all her skills she climbed up, being careful not to make a sound. This was the perfect vantage point. She watched the scene below her, Both Mick and Josef were hanging from the rafters their feet just touching the ground. Mick was unconscious and he was very pale. Josef on the other hand was conscious but unable to move. They had staked him. Below their feet was a pool of blood. She heard a noise an look towards it, Beth was walking straight at the scene below crying out. ”I hope you boys are having fun. Cause I’m not. You leave me at the office and come out here investigating together. It’s my story you have no right to shut me out.”

The distraction worked, the two remaining attackers look to the sound of Beth voice. Vamping out to her fullest extent Gwen leapt down. Landing on one of the men, sending him flying and knocking him out cold. She turns on the second one, a fraction late she notices the stake in his hand. He plunges it into her chest. It hits it’s target, but not quite far enough in. The pain is excruciating, Gwen slumps to the floor, landing on her knees, eyes locked on Josef’s. A single shot rings out, Beth standing behind the attacker holding the 45mm in front of her. Dropping the gun she runs over to Gwen. She leans forward to pull the stake out. “No, help Mick and Josef first.” Beth pauses, then does what she was asked. Pulling the stake from Josef’s chest he lets out a roar. He drops to the ground as Beth release the ropes that had held him. Helping Beth, they release Mick who is just coming around. As he opens his eyes he stares into the worried eyes of Beth. “Beth?” She silences his words with a kiss, It has all the answers he needs. Josef meanwhile has gone to Gwen’s side. Her hand is on the stake. He kneels next to her holding her tight, “Hey, what are you doing here?” he is trying to sound flippant, and failing. His emotions are in turmoil. He can hear the damage inside her. She is more human than vampire and the stake has damaged the heart. She is dying.

“Someone had to save your sorry ass!” a coughing spasm, flecks of blood appear on her lips.

“Yeah, now I have to save yours.” He searches for something in her face. The colour draining from it rapidly. “I’m going to turn you, if you want it.” vamping out as he finishes

Fear crosses her face, “Josef, no. You can’t my blood is a poison, and a cure. That’s how I cured Sara, My blood mixed with yours.” another cough, more blood. Before he can stop her she pulls the stake from her chest. Blood spurts out, pints in a matter of seconds. “No!” Josef cries out, he tries to stem the bleeding but to no avail. Mick and Beth can only watch the events from behind, unable to help. Josef is aware of Gwen’s heart beat slowing. All of a sudden he bites his arm, she had given him a chance, holding it above her mouth he squeezes a few drops in. “Come on Gwen, don’t you leave me again.” Watching her, he senses her need, lowering his arm to her, she grabs it and starts to feed, taking the nourishment she needs. Her eyes open and she stares into the eyes of her saviour. “That’s twice now, why do you keep saving me?” The same question she asked 80 years ago. This time he answers her with a kiss. “Because I love you.” words he had never thought he would say again. Tears well in his eyes, and start running down his cheeks. Mick had never seen his friend cry, even when he told then about Sara, in NY.

Chapter 10

He slowly goes to Josef. “Let’s get out of here.” Helping Josef to his feet, then helping Gwen. Josef puts his arm around Gwen’s waist. Beth comes over and grabs Mick’s hand. “Sounds good to me” Beth puts in. The four friends slowly walk towards the exit. A noise behind them makes them all turn.

The man who Gwen jumped, has regained consciousness, and he is now holding the gun Beth dropped, towards the group. “You not going anywhere, Your lives have been judged. Josef Konstantin, you have been sentenced to death. Michael St John, you have been sentenced to death, Guinevere de la Coeur, you have been sentenced to death. It is my duty to serve the judgment of the Legion” His was the voice Beth had heard on the phone.

Beth stepped forward ”Who are you to judge anyone. Not all people are the same.”

“Are you are so naive Mrs St John, Your husbands kind are predators, they kill innocent people. They cannot be allowed to have too greater numbers. We, the Legion, are here, to redress the balance. Your life may well be judged in forfeit, because of your involvement.” This last comment angered Mick, but he was far too weak. Josef had fared little better. Gwen though felt strong, feeding from Josef’s blood had rejuvenated her. She vamped out.

“I don’t know who you are, but I judge your life in forfeit. I sentence you to death.” with that said she leapt forward. The gun sounded twice, but Gwen didn’t stop. Her fangs were in his throat in moments, it took as long a again to drain him. She felt sated, for the first time in her life. She looked back to the group, both vampires looked shocked, Beth looked relieved. “We make a good team, don’t we Beth. You distract , and I attack.” Josef laughed, with Beth following suit. Mick just looked confused, wondering what had he missed.

“My cars just round the corner, shall we go home.” everyone agreed to Beth’s comment. Heading out Beth turned to Josef and Gwen. There was a look of consternation on her face. “Josef, how could you turn someone who is already a vampire?”

Swapping looks, Gwen spoke up. “I wasn’t a true vampire. Not even sure now, until I do some tests. I’m a half breed.” Beth still looked puzzled. “I’ll explain later, let’s get these guys home and get some blood in them.” Beth nodded as they reached the car. Josef and Gwen got in the back, Mick in the passengers seat and Beth driving. They headed back to Josef’s. The journey was silent, too much had happened and each was thinking on it.

Arriving in the parking garage, the group headed for the elevator. Mick and Josef stopped smelling the air. There was the scent of an old vampire there. Josef spoke up, “Lance. What can I do for you?”

A tall figure came out of the shadows, “Long time since we’ve seen each other Josef.” turning towards Mick, “and you to. I heard through the grapevine, the Legion are about to cull again. They are here in LA, so I came to warn you.”

Josef’s eyes were full of laughter, “Your too late, we already knew that.” Smiling at the others. “Let’s get upstairs, I could do with a drink.” he walked past Lance, and to the elevator. The others followed all but Gwen. She looked at Lance, there was something in the back of her mind about this vampire. He was old, but that wasn’t it. Shaking her head she caught up with the others as the doors closed. The lift rose to Josef’s apartment. Stepping out, they headed in. Josef headed straight to the bar, pouring himself some AB-, Mick some A+, turning to the ladies, “What would you like?”

Beth asked for a glass of wine, which he poured. Looking at Gwen he waited for an answer. None came, she was staring out of the window. Handing Mick and Beth their drinks he went over to her, “Hey what’s bothering you?” she turned to look at him, her eyes were hazel with dark rings surrounding them, “when did you put contacts in?”

“I didn’t Josef. They changed after you gave me your blood. I don’t know what’s happening to me, and it scares the shit out of me.” the fear was evident. Josef put his drink down and pulled her to him. Instantly, she felt she needed him. She raised her head and kissed him passionately. He returned her kiss, pulling her in closer, needing to feel her touch. Their kiss was fierce, and full of pent up emotion, that had been held in for too long. Noticing this, Mick and Beth decided to leave. They needed their own space. Josef and Gwen never noticed them go.

Josef picked Gwen up in one swift movement, carrying her to his bedroom. The kiss never ending, not wanting to break apart, the two barely breathing. Chests rising in ragged and erratic movements. Slowly Josef pulled away, taking in the scene in front of him. “why did you stop?” Gwen could hardly talk. Her eyes darting back and forth across his face.

“I wanted to make sure you’re not a dream.” his face in rapture.

Gwen sat up, her hands going to his shirt. Slowly one by one she undid the buttons. Placing her hands on his chest, she placed gentle kisses there. Then pushing his shirt off, she embraced him His skin was warm to her touch. He felt her warmth, and responded by sliding his hands under her t-shirt and raising it up over her head. She was naked beneath. He reached for one of her nipples, it came hard in anticipation of his touch. When he touched, a jolt ran through her. She arched her back, he rained kisses down her neck, and across her face. Her hand wandered down his back, then down into the waist band of his trousers, pulling him forward. She felt his growing passion there. She needed him more than ever. Reaching to his belt she deftly undid it, pulling down his zip. Raising her hips ,she pushed against him. His member throbbed against her, pulsing in time with her thrusts. “Oh Gwen.” was all he could manage. He lifted her hips and pulled her jeans down. Her body tensed in anticipation. He reached down slowly stroking her clit, sending shockwaves of pleasure through her. She placed her finger tips on his member, so sensitive was he to her touched he moaned in delight. She pulled him down, sucking and nipping at his nipples, while continuing to stroke him. He could barely contain himself, his eyes paled and his fangs drew down. He lowered himself down to her awaiting nub. Smelling her, tasting her pleasure and passions. He drank deeply of her, all time the shockwaves of her orgasm were shaking her. Josef, needed her, wanted her now, pulling up he lay onto of her. Thrusting his member in to her core. She cried out, he silenced her with a deep and animalistic kiss. Both their hips pulsing in time, and perfect rhythm. She raked her nails down his back, leaving a blood trail, Josef cried out arching his back. As he did it, the monster in both of them was released. They came simultaneously. Each biting the others neck, drinking and tasting each others passion. Drawing back they lay like that for a while, unable to move. Not wanting to. Breath still ragged and harsh.

“Oh boy, I have never felt anything like that before. I …”

Josef hushed her, rolling off her and laying next to her. His head turned to look at her, she was crying. “Why the tears, I didn’t hurt you did I?” turning onto his side pulling her close, her mere touch arousing him again.

“No, no Josef, you didn’t hurt me. I have never felt anything like that before.” She turned to face him, her face glowing, she kissed him gently, Tasting him, lightly pulling at his lower lip. Her tongue asking for admittance to his mouth. He granted her access, she ran her tongue around, exploring him. Running it over his teeth, stopping at his fangs, tasting her blood on them. His tongue then advanced on hers. Tasting her and his blood in her mouth, gently pulling away to lay a kiss on her forehead. They fell asleep in each other arms, two parts of the same whole. Josef woke up, turning to look at Gwen. She really was an angel. Placing a light kiss on her cheek he went to his freezer, he needed to sleep and recover. He had never felt happier. Gwen had reawakened his emotions to him again, something after 400 years he didn’t think possible. He fell asleep thinking of her.

Chapter 11

Gwen awoke, Josef had gone. She checked his freezer and saw him lying there. He looked so peaceful, but she was worried. Padding to the bathroom, she looked in the mirror. The bite marks on her neck were barely visible, but they were there. She hadn’t healed like a vampire should. Josef had drunk her blood, and she was concerned about the effects it might have on him. Going back to the bedroom she grabbed one of Josef’s shirts, only doing up a few buttons. She headed into his kitchen, she was hungry, looking in his fridge. Only blood, she need proper food. She headed down the corridor into the freshies quarters. No-one was there, but the fridge had been stocked. Grabbing eggs, bacon and the trimmings she started to cook. The smell of frying bacon, permeated the apartment. With her back to the door she didn’t notice Josef standing behind her. “That smells amazing.” Gwen jumped. “It actually smells good enough to eat. Shame I can’t taste it.” regret in his voice

Looking over her shoulder “How long have you been stood there?” her heart racing, but not from the shock.

Walking over to her, putting an arm around her waist. Her pulse skyrocketed, “Long enough, you can’t eat normal food now.” His breath on the back of neck felt amazing.

“I’m hungry, and blood doesn’t do it for me, not totally anyway.” scooping the contents of the pan onto a plate. Picking up a fork, she started to eat. “Well I can still taste it. Sure you don’t want some?”

“I’ve not had any solid food for 400 years,” she had turned to face him, fork in hand with bacon on. “Though I have to admit is smells nice.”

As he finished, Gwen placed the fork in his mouth, pulling it out empty. Josef nearly choked in shock, then he started to chew, his eyes widened. “I can taste it, not a lot but I can definitely taste it. How?” Gwen just nodded, putting the fork down on the counter, and pulled him to her, He was only wearing pyjama bottoms and his holding her, aroused her again. Josef was still shocked, his mind was racing. So when she kissed him, he pulled back. She re-instigated the kiss, forcing her tongue into his mouth, this time he came back with as much passion as she gave him. He could taste the food she had just eaten. He wanted to devour her, her and now. He didn’t understand it, but she had done something to her. Leading her back to the bedroom, he struggled to keep control, the beast in him wanting to be released. Gwen suddenly pulled away from him. “Josef, wait, I need to know how you feel.”

He didn’t want to stop. “I feel for you, I need you now.”

“I mean, how do you feel physically? You drank my blood last night.” the concern in her pulled Josef back to earth.

“I feel like I always have, apart from tasting your food. Why?”

She didn’t know how to proceed, here was the man who had awaken passions in her, she didn’t know she had. She wanted nothing else, but for him to take her again. She could see he wanted that to, but her logical scientific mind need to find answers. She may have condemned Josef to a life of being mortal. She couldn’t live with that. “I need to find out what happened to you, I’ll take some blood samples, yours and mine.” there was an urgency in her tone. “ I’ll test them, until then be careful.” Looking out of the window, she realised they were standing in sunlight, Josef hadn’t reacted to it. One more thing to add to the list. Josef followed her gaze. Then it dawn on him.

He looked terrified, he stepped back away from Gwen, as if she was a monster. He shuddered and sat down hard on the floor. His body shook, “How could you? How could you do this to me?” The hatred was in his words, poison and venom in them.

“I…I..” Turning, she ran from the room. She locked herself in the bathroom. She turned on the shower, pulling off Josef’s shirt, she stepped in. Letting the water rundown her body. She started to cry, she had found and lost the one person in the world, that meant everything to her, in one night. She slid down the wall of the stall, to the floor. Sobs wracking her body, the noise of the shower hiding her crying. She didn’t here the knocking on the door, or the lock turning. She had turned inwards, nothing else registered. She wanted to die.

Josef had sat on the floor, looking at the widows and the daylight outside. The thought of what had happened made him angry, so much so that he vamped out and trashed the room. Hearing the disturbance, his security guard checked to see what was happening. He decided to ring Mick, and ask him to come over. Mick arrived, his vampire senses went haywire. He could smell the passion from last night, but also the anger and fear that purveyed now. Heading straight to Josef’s room he found it trashed. Mick went through to the lounge, Josef was standing in the kitchen drinking a glass of blood. “You want one?” His friend stood in the doorway.

“Want to tell me what’s going on Josef. I get an early morning call, from your security, asking me to get here fast, because your trashing the place.” eyes locked on Josef’s. “So yeah, I need a drink.”

Josef hands him a glass, and motions for him to sit down on the sofa. Josef starts telling him what happened. Then stops, looking around. “I tasted food, for the first time in 400years. I stood in the sunlight and felt it’s warmth. All this after last night. It scared me Mick, I’m a vampire, it’s all I know. I blamed her, I blamed her. All she wanted to do was help and I blamed her. She ran off, I don’t know where. I was so angry, I vamped out and trashed the room. I thought she had made me mortal.”

It was a lot to take in. “Your still a vampire Josef, but we need to find her.” Both men sat silently for a moment. Mick’s hearing heard the water running. Standing up, he headed down the hall to the bathroom. Trying the door he found it locked, “Gwen, Gwen are you in there?” no reply. He tried the door one more time. Carefully he picked the lock, opening the door. The heat and steam from the shower hit him. Josef came up behind him. “Oh shit, what has she done?” the question was rhetorical. Mick strode up to the shower turning the water off. “Josef, open your freezer now.” Mick picked up Gwen and ran with her to the freezer room. Josef had opened it and stood back. Mick placed the body of Gwen in the freezer. Her skin was red, and she appeared comatose. “She’s going to need blood, when was the last time she fed.” Josef was just staring at the prone body in front of him. “JOSEF!” Mick shouted at his friend, “when was the last time she fed?”

“This morning I think, she said the blood didn’t do it for her and she had cooked breakfast. If not then it was last night.” He thought back to it, how good it had been. “I’ll get some, I can’t lose her Mick not now.” He left , returning shortly with the blood. He had no way of intravenously giving it to her. “She needs to drink it, but how, she’s not responding to anything.”

Mick opened the freezer, “Climb in and talk to her, tell her how you feel. Try and get her to feed.”

“Mick I can’t, I’m the reason she’s like this.” self pity and tears made is body shake. Mick grabs his friends shoulders, turning him towards the freezer.

“Look at her Josef, she tried to kill herself, because of what happened to you. She loves you. Can’t you see it.” Josef looked at Gwen, he dropped his head, Mick was right, and he did love her.

“Give me the blood.” He put his hand out to Mick, as he climbed into the freezer. Mick handed him the first bag. Josef knelt down. “Gwen, I need you to drink this. You’ve got to. Please.” He looked back at Mick, but he was gone. He continued talking to her, slowly the blood in the bag went down. Although she seemed to be feeding, she still didn’t respond to him. He stayed with her, feeding her blood for 48 hours. He hadn’t slept himself in 72hours. He climbed out of the freezer, and headed to the kitchen to get some blood for himself. He needed some rest, or he was going to kill himself at this rate. Finishing the blood, he headed down to the guest room. He needed to chill, even if it was for a couple of hours. He lay down in the spare freezer, and fell into a deep sleep. Josef slept for 12 hours. When he woke , he sensed someone watching him. Looking up he stared into the eyes of Gwen. “Hey, what are you doing here?” too shocked to say anything more.

“Do you really?” a question nothing else.

“Really what?” Josef sat up, she was in front of him. He reached out and touched her face. She was cool to the touch. Her skin had lost the redness it had before. The question dawned on him. He pulled her forward, and answered her with a passionate kiss. “I thought I had lost you. I don’t care what you have done to me. I have you, so, yes, I love you. I want you for all eternity.” then he kissed her again, and she kissed him back.

She climbed into the freezer with him. At the touch of her body, he convulsed. She had an effect on him nobody ever did. She moulded her body to his. She wanted him as near as possible, to be part of him. His touch exhilarated her, she wanted him more than ever. He was raining small kisses down her back and neck, his hand roamed over the rest of her. She shivered, “Are you cold, Gwen?” Josef asked. Gwen turned to face him. Her eyes were full of rapture.

“No, you warm me Josef.” Running her hands down his nakedness, his body responded immediately. At vamp speed Josef had gained position above her, Straddling her hips and pinning her hands above her head. Eyes locked on each other. He leant down and kissed he. She tried to pull up to him, but he still held her down. “Your not going anywhere.” the mischief in his voice, was clear to Gwen. She smiled, he truly was hers, and she his. Josef reached up and closed the freezer, thinking he needed a larger one.

fin :mooncat:

There is another story which follows this, let me know if you'd like to read it.

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Half Breed-my first fic- PG-13 New section posted,Complete

Post by francis »

I liked this. Your concept of half vampires is different, original. Gwen is a good character, I like her. It could do with a bit of editing here and there, but your storyline is really good. Yes, I would like to read the sequel. :flowers:
JosefsRose
Freelance freshie

Re: Half Breed-my first fic- PG-13 New section posted,Complete

Post by JosefsRose »

francis wrote:I liked this. Your concept of half vampires is different, original. Gwen is a good character, I like her. It could do with a bit of editing here and there, but your storyline is really good. Yes, I would like to read the sequel. :flowers:
Thank you Francis :flowers: I appreciate comments from one such as yourself.

This was the first time I had written anything that the general public could read :pray: . I haven't used a beta, as I think my nerve would go and it would never get posted. Although I do re-read it before posting :reading: . I will start posting the next story in the next couple of days. It is longer than this one, but not as long as some out there.

Jenny :rose:

Return to “JosefsRose's Office”