Good story, francis! :hug:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Don't Lie to Me (PG-13)

Post by francis »

Thank you, Jo!!! :flowers:
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

This worked out for two reasons -- Robert got some answers and closure, and Mick was able to be relieved of some of his guilt. We kinda figured Robert would seek Mick out for answers eventually, so this was a great way to show that. And Mrs. Fordham was a former freshie -- Who knew? LOL!

Thanks for a great story, francis!
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

such a lot of emotion in this one, francis. I could really understand why Robert needed to know, but I felt afraid that maybe Mick would be forced to kill him. your little twist about him bringing a gun with silver bullets was unexpected, I like it. if this had happened in the series, this is how I think their encounter would look too. In the end, although the story is sad, it washes Mick a little cleaner than he was before it. great take on the challenge theme.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you, Moonlighter. Yes, Mick got some closure, as did Robert, in a way. :flowers:

Luxe, thank you so much for this great comment. You got what I wanted to achieve, and thank you for thinking it should have been filmed like that. That's the ultimate praise for a writer. Thanks!!! :heart:
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

We know how becoming a vampire has impacted Mick's life. But his actions during his years as a human had an impact as well. Especially those years during and after the war. So much pain, so much loss. I was so happy that Mick got to speak honestly with Robert about it; he really deserved to be able to put it to rest and stop carrying around that burden.

That twist with Robert's wife having been a freshie - brilliant. I couldn't help but 'uh oh' in my head when the info slipped. A big no-no. Not that I thought Mick would turn them in. But now that it's out there it becomes a concern. Like Mick needs another concern. :roll:

Very nice.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you, GA. I thought about how hard it would be to keep the secret if personal reasons were involved, like your husband being really distressed about some mystery in his life.
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Wonderful story, francis and fabulous answer to the challenge. :clapping: Robert & Mick had such a connection on the show despite being strangers and I love how you ended the story with the haunting from his past being no more.
When the door closed and the elevator pinged, Mick ran into his living room and up the stairs to get a box out of his storage room. Taking out a photo exactly like the one Robert had shown him, only here it was Ray and Lilah, he spent the rest of the night gazing lovingly at the two people who had made him the human he once was. Tonight, he was able to stand it.

Tonight, he had been given closure and redemption.
:clapping:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Francis

This is wonderful!

It brough out one of the truths that I think remained under the surface of Moonlight. Never clearly stated but there nonetheless. The fact that freshies existed meant that in our society were people who were aware of the existence of vampires, who in positive interactions with them had learned that they were not the creatires of old movies.

Sooner or later, those people could stumble across vampires again.

Wonderful, wonderful development!

Thank you!

Jenna
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you so much, coco and jen, for reading and giving a comment. :hearts:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I love this story because Mick brings such peace to Robert. Robert is very fortunate that Mick is not like Josef.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This encounter was wonderfully positive for both Mick and Robert and both achieved a bit of peace with memories that were painful. Mick was also presented with a problem, but one he handled very well. He will protect Robert and his wife in much the same way he protected Jacob. That Jacob's mom was once a freshie adds another level of complexity to the equation, but Mick chooses to protect the lives of those he cares for.

Another great reread! Thanks again, Francis!!!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ooh, I have no idea how I missed this story when it was first posted, but I'm so glad I got to read it now! I just love it. It rings so true to Robert's and Mick's personalities, and it makes complete sense to me that Robert's wife might have put herself through college as a freshie. There must be tons of 'em out there, after all! :laugh:

What I love most is the tension between Mick's natural urge to take care of Robert, and his need to uphold the rules for the good of the vampire nation as a whole. He is truly torn here, and that dichotomy between what he wishes for and what he must do is one of the fundamental things that made Moonlight so very good. You've captured the sadness and the danger here, as well as the love and the yearning. And Robert's own concerns make a lot of sense to me as well. He must know how dangerous it is to approach Mick, so it makes sense for him to take a real weapon with him. These two strong, loving men come together through a real need to find answers, and they both come away with a gift of love and a releasing of guilt.

Thank you for writing this story, francis. :hearts: :hug:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

:hug: Thank you, alle, jen and cassy!!! :flowers:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Oh, francis! Now if that wasn't difficult ,dangerous and complicated! You found such a heartbreaking way of giving both men closure after such a long time...Beautifully done! :flowers:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .

Return to “Francis' Office”