Trevor Munson - Angel of Vengeance - news, etc.

mwj01
Courtesan

Re: Trevor Munson - Angel of Vengeance - news, etc.

Post by mwj01 »

HotMicks wrote:They have probably skirted the copyright issues by altering the image (however slightly)... thus our comments that the artist had no talent ('coz Bob knows we have every inch of these images memorized). :snicker: In other words, what we consider lack of talent is probably intentional.
I can't recall at the moment what the % change needed is to avoid copyright infringement but I can't imagine that altering the background is sufficient. The only other thing the artist *may have* tried to alter is the eye color. Everything else that's "off" is just that it's amatuer. Don't mean to sound harsh, but the person attempted to copy every detail down to his mole, the placement of highlights in his hair, shadows, buttons on his shirt etc.

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Just cause I like examining things from many angles...

Moonlight was based on Angel of Vengeance. Alex was pretty much an undiscovered talent (outside of Australia) at the time it all started. It is entirely possible he would have been glad at the time for the publicity of having his likeness on the cover of a book; and he could have agreed to it wholheartedly, regardless of any monetary compensation. Alex's career has come a loooong way since the early days of Moonlight.

Given the plethora of attorneys in the U.S., and the sheer number of players involved in the production of the show, I could see that image being nixed for the cover in the States, even if it were simply to avoid any possible hassles. Based on stories recently in the news (if we can even call it that) about things being printed in Italy, I'm guessing there might be different rules and customs there.
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I think that's the crux of the matter--we can talk all day about what would or wouldn't constitute infringement under US copyright law, and it honestly doesn't mean a hill of beans, because this is a foreign publication. I suspect both the publisher, and Warner Bros. (if they still own the rights to ML) are really on top of this, far more than any of us could ever be.

As far as the control an author has over the cover of a book...it's minimal, especially for a "new" author like Trevor. Anecdotally, when my non-fiction book was published in 2011, the publisher showed me a copy of the proposed cover. The picture on it was dreadful, and I asked if there was any way we could find a better one. (This was a volume about an author, and I guarantee, if they'd gone with the first pic, she and everyone else would have assumed the book was a hatchet job, because the photo was VERY unflattering.) Their initial reaction was, well, if you can find us a better one, we'll use it...but in the long run, they did contact the author's representation, and got a much better photo, which ended up on the cover of my book. So...I had a little input, and it worked out, but honestly, my advice was not really solicited.

I'm sure that any "big name" author would have much more control, but as much as we love him, Trevor is not quite at that level, yet.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Trevor tweeted this today:
T.O. MUNSON ‏@TREVOROMUNSON

Hey all! Here's a link to a recent interview I did with the Long Beach Examiner. Please check it out! http://t.co/yxQUq1Wl
Parts 2, 3, and 4 to come, I guess! Yay for us! :teeth:
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

What an interesting interview. :type:

I'm really looking forward to part two! :yahoo:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Part 2 of Trevor's interview is up! :yahoo: He tweeted:

Thanks to everyone who checked the interview out last week! Here's part 2... Please spread the word! http://www.examiner.com/article/intervi ... art-2-of-4
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

And here's part 3! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Hey guys- Part 3 of the interview is out. Please check it out and help spread the word... http://www.examiner.com/article/intervi ... art-3-of-4
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

This has been a terrific 4 part interview!! So, who would make a good spin-off character?
*Christy*

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Well, gee, I can't imagine.....
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Well, an ideal choice, as Lucky has pointed out, would be Josef. But how about a spin-off featuring The Cleaner? Wouldn't that be awesome?! :yahoo: Kinda CSI meets Supernatural... and we could bring in some of our favorite smaller characters, like Guillermo and Leo and maybe even Josef, in guest roles. Mind you, I don't think there's a snowball's chance in Hades of this happening... but it's awfully fun to dream. :cloud9:
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Obviously, Josef would be who I'd want the series to be about too. However, I think Guillermo's world might be kind of interesting. It's been awhile since Quincy was on. What if Quincy was a vampire?
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

Heh Lucky. :winky: I agree...Josef or The Cleaner would be fantastic. I also love Lance....it would be interesting to see his and Coraline's past. :yes:
*Christy*

Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

allegrita wrote:Well, an ideal choice, as Lucky has pointed out, would be Josef. But how about a spin-off featuring The Cleaner? Wouldn't that be awesome?! :yahoo: Kinda CSI meets Supernatural... and we could bring in some of our favorite smaller characters, like Guillermo and Leo and maybe even Josef, in guest roles. Mind you, I don't think there's a snowball's chance in Hades of this happening... but it's awfully fun to dream. :cloud9:
I would love the Cleaner's perspective.....CSI with LEATHER! :hyper2:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

For our members with Facebook, Trevor has posted a teaser on his Mick Angel page, from the sequel to AoV that he is working on. :teeth: It's a few paragraphs long.

Return to “Trevor Munson - Moonlight's Creator”