Something is Lost (In Between 7 and 8, PG)

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Something is Lost (In Between 7 and 8, PG)

Post by wpgrace »

Oh honey, this is amazing. :happysigh:

I love your take on Mick and Coraline. The gentleness between them as well as the passion. There had to be that, for him to have stayed that long. For her to still mean so much to him when she resurfaced on the show. Yet even he is confused by all the strong emotions he associates with her, and hate and disappointment and disapproval are all in there too, along with the bond of the sire and fledgling. How can he EVER really sort all that out? What a burden to bear for eternity.

I love the interchange between he and BabyBeth... and how even then she won't stay in the car. :rolling: You are wonderful for that interchange and that clever joke.

And then, the wistful conversation with Beth at her apartment. Ohhhhhh :happysigh: . That was quite beautiful. As a fill-in-the-blanks, that is so appreciated. A scene like this would have been painfully beautiful to see on screen... how I long to see this scene!!!!

Now the Elaine story just gets more and more intriguing. I really like her. I feel for her. Mick's love for her is so palpable, but he doesn't know how to reach her and he gets that. And it hurts. Yet another burden for our dear vampire. I love every little thing we're discovering about Elaine... and Mick's ring. LOVE stories about Mick's ring. Alex did a good job picking that ring. It was a character all on its own.

I really cannot tell you how much I am enjoying this series. It is just satisfying and delightful and exciting beyond measure. Thank you SO much for taking it on. :smooch:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

:flowers: :heart: I meant to comment previously but my service was down. I am speechless...this series is amazing. It fills in everything the show did not. It can only get better with each chapter. Thank you. :reading: :hankie:
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

wpgrace wrote:I love the interchange between he and BabyBeth... and how even then she won't stay in the car. :rolling: You are wonderful for that interchange and that clever joke.
Oh wow! You won't believe this, but somehow I didn't even realize I'd done that. Thank you so much for pointing it out! BabyBeth just got out of the car on her own and I didn't even notice .... I guess that is a pretty strong character trait for Beth, she absolutely will not stay put there!

Thank you so much, Grace, for the beautiful comment. I really wanted to put this scene in for Mick and Coraline, because just as you said there would have to be something like this in their relationship in order for it to last so long and to be so powerful. And how I adore your comment about Elaine! Interesting how you describe Mick's ring as a character of its own, I think there is a lot of truth in that. Right from the beginning it seemed obvious that it was something important with a story behind it.

I'm so glad you are enjoying the series so much! :hearts:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

aolver wrote::flowers: :heart: I meant to comment previously but my service was down. I am speechless...this series is amazing. It fills in everything the show did not. It can only get better with each chapter. Thank you. :reading: :hankie:
:hearts: How lovely, aolver, thank you!
That is so wonderful to hear; I hope I can keep it up with the next chapters.
:thanks:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Shadow wrote:
wpgrace wrote:I love the interchange between he and BabyBeth... and how even then she won't stay in the car. :rolling: You are wonderful for that interchange and that clever joke.
Oh wow! You won't believe this, but somehow I didn't even realize I'd done that. Thank you so much for pointing it out! BabyBeth just got out of the car on her own and I didn't even notice .... I guess that is a pretty strong character trait for Beth, she absolutely will not stay put there!
YOU ARE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolling: :rolling:

When he left her in the car, I briefly thought of him leaving her in OOTP... but I was so wrapped up in what he was going thru, it was just a brief flash and I quickly moved on to see what was happening with him. THEN when she showed up a moment or two later, I was so not surprised... but so enamored of her doing it... coming to his rescue already... :happysigh:

Foreshadowing. You must have had it in the back of YOUR mind, when he left her in the car, just as I had it flash in mine. :twothumbs:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

wpgrace wrote:YOU ARE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolling: :rolling:

When he left her in the car, I briefly thought of him leaving her in OOTP... but I was so wrapped up in what he was going thru, it was just a brief flash and I quickly moved on to see what was happening with him. THEN when she showed up a moment or two later, I was so not surprised... but so enamored of her doing it... coming to his rescue already... :happysigh:

Foreshadowing. You must have had it in the back of YOUR mind, when he left her in the car, just as I had it flash in mine. :twothumbs:

No kidding, really! I can't believe how that worked out. I would have loved to have been clever enough to have done it on purpose! ;)

I guess the subconscious is a powerful thing, all right ... and goodness knows these characters have minds of their own. ( I can just see BabyBeth sitting in the car wondering, is this writer ever going to figure it out? No? Sheesh, I'll just have to do it myself.)
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

OMG, girl, is this a piece of work, a masterpiece. You are the master of pathos, hon. I felt every heartache you described, from Mick's wish that he had not killed Coraline, to Beth's anguish that Mick still felt something for Coraline, to Elaine's sorrow over Kevin, to Beth understanding Mick's torture about killing Corline through her experience of killing Spalding. The story of Mick and Beth at the pond made me cry. Beth has always been special. Poor Mick, he wants so badly for her to remember, yet a part of him recoils from the thought that she may. I am intrigued about his missing-person case. Is this leading to something? Great job. :clapping:
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
Rennie
Kostan Industries intern

Post by Rennie »

:heart: I am soooo loving every bit of this. This weekend, I watched Episode 1, then read your In-Between Episode, then watched Episode 2, and read your episode, etc. For me, the In-Between episodes made the show so much richer. I knew it would enhace my viewing, but I had no idea how much.

Thank you so much for writing this.....
~Rennie

"....dream as if you'll live forever; live as if you'll die tomorrow"
MoonlitRose
Fledgling

Post by MoonlitRose »

Another wonderful look at what happened In Between our beloved episodes of Moonlight! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Thank You for filling in of the gaps , Shadow! :rose:
:friends:

:twothumbs:
-MoonlitRose
To view additional Graphic Art by MoonlitRose.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Thanks so much, woll, for the amazing comment! :flowers:
wollstonecraft61 wrote:Beth has always been special. Poor Mick, he wants so badly for her to remember, yet a part of him recoils from the thought that she may. I am intrigued about his missing-person case. Is this leading to something?
I just had to put in that scene by the pond, to give an extra reason why Mick would watch over Beth all her life that way. I'd always thought that maybe little Beth was there for Mick as much as he was there for her .....
Good question about Mick's missing-person case! I don't actually know the answer yet, though. ;)
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Rennie wrote::heart: I am soooo loving every bit of this. This weekend, I watched Episode 1, then read your In-Between Episode, then watched Episode 2, and read your episode, etc. For me, the In-Between episodes made the show so much richer. I knew it would enhace my viewing, but I had no idea how much.

Thank you so much for writing this.....
Rennie, as I mentioned to Lupine I'd never even imagined anyone doing this! It's just wonderful to know that you have. And to hear that it made the episodes richer for you -- WOW. :cloud9:
I couldn't ask for better motivation to get the rest of them done ;) .... and many, many thanks for letting me know about your weekend!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

MoonlitRose wrote:Another wonderful look at what happened In Between our beloved episodes of Moonlight! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Thank You for filling in of the gaps , Shadow! :rose:
:friends:

:twothumbs:
Thank you so much, MoonlitRose ... I'm really glad you're enjoying these!
It's been a lot of fun finally writing down my ideas for what might have happened.
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Oh, my dear Lord... I am so hooked and desperate....never thought I would read an in- between story with tears in my eyes...the ups and downs of their feelings and their deep , unspoken connection...it is heartbreaking.. just when they could almost believe they had found each other... Sorry to bring it up here, just need to let it go...damn CBS fools(ooops)
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

maggatha3 wrote:Oh, my dear Lord... I am so hooked and desperate....never thought I would read an in- between story with tears in my eyes...the ups and downs of their feelings and their deep , unspoken connection...it is heartbreaking.. just when they could almost believe they had found each other... Sorry to bring it up here, just need to let it go...damn CBS fools(ooops)
Oh, but I am glad that it could bring tears to your eyes . . . this interval especially seemed as if it must have had some very turbulent ups and downs for Mick and Beth. It was so very strange the way Beth walked away from Mick - rather bitterly - at the end of ep. 7 and then was so loving in ep. 8. And of course this is no ordinary relationship . . .
:sigh: and I am so with you on your last line.
susieb
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by susieb »

In some way I think this might be my favorite In Between so far. I always find it jarring... the end of ep 7 and beginning of ep 8 in terms of Mick/Beth. You've filled in the time between so well!
Shadow wrote: Were you disappointed?
This was such a heartbreaking moment. We know so much more than Beth does at this moment in time. Mick's not going to enlighten her and dreading/waiting for her memories to overcome her mental blockade. She's so incredibly drawn to him; falling in love with him. Then this realization pulls her up short: Mick was disappointed Morgan was not Coraline. Heart breaking.

Re: Coraline
Shadow wrote: He was lost in her. Lost.
Well put. Love her? Yes. But more than that, Mick was lost in her.

Shadow, your vampspam from Logan and the emails from Nigerian vampires who can't access their bloodbanks... :coffee: Loved this! :twothumbs:

Hmmm... Elaine and the "Dad" references. So, Mick is Elaine's sire. And, of course, Mick has never told Elaine the whole story of her turning. A theme of his life: withholding information. Telling himself he's protecting the other person by doing it, when it really is himself he's trying to protect.

The conversation between Mick and Beth.
Shadow wrote: (Beth says) Then did you really know her at all?
Excellent question, Beth! :yes: This whole conversation is lovely and makes the relationship between them in ep 8 more believable for me. Throughout ep 8, I keep wishing the two of them would refer to the whole Morgan/Coraline thing. Nice touch with the parallel of Beth's jar of silver bullet fragments and Mick's box of little Beth's hair, as well as each killing to protect someone they care about. Also with Beth's adult taste in art and the touching scene when Mick pulls over the car after rescuing her. Even as a child Beth could not stay in the car! :snicker:

Great In Between! :twothumbs: :twothumbs: :twothumbs:
Susie

Sometimes the past doesn't catch up with you, it haunts you.

Return to “In Between”