Something is Found (In Between 6 and 7, PG13)

Shadow
Courtesan

Re: Something is Found (In Between 6 and 7, PG13)

Post by Shadow »

moonlightlover60 wrote:Wow Shadow outstanding. I'm just enthralled when reading your stories. Yes I often thought it was too easy the way Mick dispatched of Lola. Maybe she ended up the way she did because she was bored with her long life, and her way of suicide was to get someone to come after her.
We learned at little more about Elaine but still don't know the full story of what happened. Btw that song was hauntingly beautiful and the words so apropos to the vampire's life. Mick was captivated by the lyrics when her heard them.
You've brought in Tyler now and we need to know what his story is also. What happened to him that he wanted to be turned, sounds like he wasn't able to walk before he was turned if I read that correctly. What happened to Chloe, were her and Elaine in an accident, is that why Mick turned Elaine but was too late to save Chloe? Ah....questions, questions, questions. Can't wait to find out the answers to all of these as the story unveils.
Mick running into Beth at the hospital was an unexpected surprise or was it fate again? Mick and Beth are both torn between what they feel and want and what the reality of it all really is. He loves her and dreams of them being together but in reality knows that there is always an eternal wall between them, and right now as he sees it he will never turn her and bring her into his world. But maybe someday his thoughts on that would have changed. If we ever would have got a second season, I think Mick would have started softened to the idea of maybe someday turning Beth. You manage to completely capture these two perfectly, with their longing, desire and love for one another but yet they hold back because the rational part of them say's "it will never work".
Beth got more kisses in on Mick then we got to see, she even got some in upstairs at his loft. But the one at the hospital was amazing :hearts: and he let it happen and reveled in the moment of it. You know when you stop to think about it, yes they did seem very close in the beginning of Ep 7 with they way they looked at each other and how Beth touched his arm. Then Coraline showed up or should I say Morgan and then Mick's happiness over Beth was shot down in the flames of the Franklin fire.
Thanks Shadow for the amazing update. I'll be looking forward to the next one. :clapping:
It is so fabulous to get such a long and detailed comment, moonlightlover!
Lola struck me as such a powerful person, I thought she was someone who would always get exactly what she wanted - she manipulated Josef so expertly - and it just didn't fit to me that she could be taken down so easily unless there was something else going on..
You're right about Tyler, and he certainly had reason for wanting to be turned. (And I promise to tell more about Elaine and Chloe .... ;) )
I do think Mick and Beth were just so, so close at the beginning of 7, and Mick's voice over seemed to emphasize that.
I'm really glad you liked the song, too. :heart: Thank you!
LadyAilith
Fledgling

Post by LadyAilith »

I just love your "In Betweens". They're just so amazingly good! Makes me wish I could write...I'm looking forward to the next one. Thank you so very much!

LadyAilith :rose:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

aolver wrote::flowers: :heart: Your in betweens are so true to life, or should I say true to Moonlight. They remind me of episodes we never saw. I got wispy eyed at the end when they were holding on to each other desperately in the hospital parking lot. In my own private Moonlight world they live happily ever after, working through the difficult parts. Thank you Shadow. This story is so amazingly good. :happysigh: :rose:
Oh, thank you for the beautiful comment, aolver. It is so fantastic that these can remind you of unseen episodes. (I'm still in mourning for the ones we didn't see, I expect we all are.....) I'm so glad these can really feel like Moonlight to you. :cloud9:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

LadyAilith wrote:I just love your "In Betweens". They're just so amazingly good! Makes me wish I could write...I'm looking forward to the next one. Thank you so very much!

:hearts: Thank you, LadyAilith! I'm glad you're looking forward to the next ...
and I hope it won't take quite as long as this one did .... ;)
rijane
Freelance freshie

Post by rijane »

Red recommended this story and, as always, she was not wrong.

I just sped through your stories tonight with a wild abandon that has struck me rarely in the fic world. I love how you're weaving through the story we know and adding touches of your own - Elaine is deftly managed and such an intriguing character. You've really nailed Mick and Beth's voices, as well, something that is very hard to do.

Thank you for this great piece! :hearts: :hearts:

I hope to read more soon - and will try to give more thoughtful response rather than gorging myself on your goodness!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

:rose: Thanks rijane, how wonderful - and how fantastic that Red recommended this story to you. I couldn't be happier that you're giving it a try!

It's been interesting trying to fit a new character into the gaps in the episodes, and since Elaine is my own, I'm very glad she can intrigue you. And it's so lovely to know that Mick and Beth's voices are ringing true here.

I was hoping to have more of the story up this weekend, but it's not quite ready. It's close though, so next week, I think!
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

rijane wrote:Red recommended this story and, as always, she was not wrong.
:whistle: :whistle:

Shadow wrote:I was hoping to have more of the story up this weekend, but it's not quite ready. It's close though, so next week, I think!
Oh that's marvellous news! So looking forward to the next chapter. :hearts:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

redwinter101 wrote:
rijane wrote:Red recommended this story and, as always, she was not wrong.

Shadow wrote:I was hoping to have more of the story up this weekend, but it's not quite ready. It's close though, so next week, I think!
Oh that's marvellous news! So looking forward to the next chapter. :hearts:

Red

Thanks so much for recommending this, Red. It's quite an honor. I'm glad you're looking forward to the next part!
susieb
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by susieb »

Shadow wrote: Mick sighed and finished off his drink. It drove him mad when Josef said he didn’t understand things because he wasn’t old enough. But this time it scared him too. He knew more than he wanted to know about suicidal despair, but he couldn’t even imagine being too bored to go on. Would life really become so empty as he grew older? Was it already like that for Josef? The man was over four hundred, after all. And Josef couldn’t stand to be alone, couldn’t stand to be still. He always surrounded himself with people, and kept busy to the point of frenzy. Mick wondered if he was trying to fill a void, and if Josef would tell him the truth if he asked. If he answered me at all, he’d probably just tell me I wasn’t old enough to understand. And maybe I’m not.
I really like what you're saying about Josef here. It makes perfect sense. Josef embraces vampire life, yet there's a bittersweet quality about him which is reflected here.

Love knowing more about Elaine!
Shadow wrote:For an instant he saw Chloe again, lying pale and still in the alley, her dead eyes staring up at him. I got there too late. Because I tried to do something I didn’t know how to do.
So Mick tryed to turn Chloe? And he did turn Elaine?
Shadow wrote:She came on to me when she was high on black crystal, and even though she did it because of the drug . . . she came to me. She didn’t go to Josh. She came to me.
Oh yeah. :yes:
Loved the peek into Mick's head that evening. Every time I see BC, I feel soooo sorry for Beth. Poor girl, she thinks there's a bed up there! :snicker:
Shadow wrote:But I’m not really sure what’s happening now,” he said, suddenly morose. “I know she’s interested in me, but – it’s complicated.”

“Does she still have that boyfriend?”

“Josh. Yes.”

“Well,” Elaine said, “if you’ve been telling Beth that it’s impossible for a human and a vampire to have a relationship -- ”

Mick winced.

“ -— which I’m thinking is pretty likely, then it’s no wonder she’s not letting go of what she has.
Thank you, Elaine! Thank you! :whistle: And later, when Beth questions Mick... oh, if only Beth had asked a lot more questions!
Shadow wrote:“You can’t know, Beth. You can’t. And it’s my fault. There are a lot of things I haven’t told you.” Things that are so painful, I don’t even know how to talk about them. Things like what happened to Elaine. He lowered his eyes, feeling overwhelmed, suddenly, at the very thought of Elaine.
Amen to the first part :snicker: There's a whole lot more Mick could and should tell her. And now I'm even more curious about Elaine.
Shadow wrote:“Just so you know,” she murmured, close to his ear, “that kiss wasn’t an accident.”

“Was the first one?”

He could feel her laugh. “No.”

One thing you learn when you live forever is not to get too set in anything, because it’s all going to change. This moment wouldn’t last. Beth would leave to go back to work, and he would go home to his freezer; he’d wake up alone in the dark, doing his morning workout while she got ready for bed. There were still far too many things he hadn’t told her; she needed to know, at the least, that he was the one who’d saved her when she was little, and he didn’t know how to explain it to her. She was still a human; he was still a vampire.

But nothing was set. Everything changed, when you least expected it.

Even pain doesn’t last forever. With just one embrace, it can turn to joy.

“Beth,” Mick whispered, too low for her to hear.

He felt as if he’d been searching for her all his life, and that now, finally, he had found her.

My Beth.
Just lovely! We did not get enough kisses onscreen. :snicker: I love that Beth has an opportunity to say the first was not an accident. And love Mick's voiceover full of hope. Great chapter!
Susie

Sometimes the past doesn't catch up with you, it haunts you.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Wow, what a comment, susieb! And it's so great that you picked out that part about Josef. I think what you said about there being a bittersweet quality about him is just right. However much he's enjoying his current party, there's just that touch of sadness about him. Partly because of Sarah I'm sure, but there seems to be more to it than that.
susieb wrote:So Mick tryed to turn Chloe? And he did turn Elaine?
susieb wrote:Every time I see BC, I feel soooo sorry for Beth. Poor girl, she thinks there's a bed up there!
Oh yeah, I always think the same thing when I watch that part, now that we know there wasn't one!

So great that you're curious about Elaine. And as you've noticed, she sees some things a lot more clearly than Mick does. ;)

susieb wrote:We did not get enough kisses onscreen. :snicker: I love that Beth has an opportunity to say the first was not an accident.
:sigh: Not nearly enough kisses. And with so few, heaven forbid that Mick should have any reason to believe that any of them weren't real!
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Another night, another episode of ML for me, another in between...you keep amazing me, how well you fill the gap between the episodes, at the same time explaining minor details and enriching the story.

Mick's connection to Elaine is really interesting, the way they talk so openly about their feelings, their fears, they advise each other and care so deeply. I didn't think that she would be so good at scrutinising Mick's relationship with Beth. Question after question, she finally makes him talk...That much I would expect from Beth, but..

Mick's feelings of guilt never seem to end..he is so hard on himself, he has his dos and don'ts and only sees things black and white. Grey there is not , for him. And he is such a guardian angel, I do love him , you know, you make him even more lovable.

That kiss scene, outside the hospital, under heat and sun, even took off his sunglasses, hey, he so much wants her, she could never tell. I like that she is so persistant, she gets her kiss and more. I so liked that you got them kissing again, but pooor Joshie.......

My Sire :thud:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

maggatha3 wrote:Another night, another episode of ML for me, another in between...
This is so great, Maggatha! Mind you, I hope it has not been too much of a burden on you to have to watch all the episodes again like this . . . ;)
maggatha3 wrote:Mick's connection to Elaine is really interesting, the way they talk so openly about their feelings, their fears, they advise each other and care so deeply. I didn't think that she would be so good at scrutinising Mick's relationship with Beth. Question after question, she finally makes him talk...That much I would expect from Beth, but..
Mick and Elaine are indeed not always so good at communicating, but they do have quite a history . . . and the issue of Beth is one that is very important to Elaine, as it reflects so much on her own experiences. So she does push Mick a bit, when it comes to that!
maggatha3 wrote:Mick's feelings of guilt never seem to end..he is so hard on himself, he has his dos and don'ts and only sees things black and white. Grey there is not , for him.
ohh, that is such an interesting way to put it. But you know, I think he is actually able to see the shades of gray when it comes to other people . . . it's just that for him and anything he has done, he only sees the black and white.

And wow, you think I can make Mick even more lovable? Now that is quite a compliment!!

Thanks so much for the wonderful comments, little fledgling!
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

The hope goes on - you can feel it growing and spreading - Mick is way past the point of no return. No matter what happens, any chance of walking away from Beth is long gone.

And it's the same for her. She knows, she just knows things are over with Josh - poor guy never stood a chance.

I loved that final kiss in the heat of the sun. Mick can stand it because it feels like hope - it feels like the future.

Simply beautiful. :flowers:

As always the backstory of Elaine, Chloe and Tyler is beautifully woven together and I could feel the warmth and joy and carefree spirit of that sunny day in Monterrey. Even as tragedy inevitably looms.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

redwinter101 wrote:As always the backstory of Elaine, Chloe and Tyler is beautifully woven together and I could feel the warmth and joy and carefree spirit of that sunny day in Monterrey.
It's especially lovely to know that the flashback to Monterey came off that way, Red . . .
that is just how I imagined it from the accounts and photos I found, and was really hoping to draw out that effect. :cloud9:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

I read InBetween 5and 6, and 6and 7 today. I completely lost myself in your story and it is absolutely amazing how much more depth our familiar characters get in their development in the In Betweens. So much more insight for Beth and Mick, even for Josef. They become so much more close and familiar to us through their interaction here.

Mick's meeting with Beth in the hospital was one more strike of fate, and I bet it was the one they -and I - enjoyed the most. Mick has no doubts now , Beth has cleared her intentions. That explains how hopeful Mick was in the beginning of the next episode.

And Mick's dreams!! Oh my! It feels they are as important and powerful as his voiceovers were in the series. :hearts:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .

Return to “In Between”