Cinéma/Vérité (PG-13)

moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Re: Cinéma/Vérité (PG-13)

Post by moonlight_vixen »

Brilliant story, Lucky! :notworthy: I always love your detailed descriptions.
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Phoenix, M_V, thank you!

Lucky
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

I read this a while back at a time when I didn't have time to leave a comment .... and just had a lovely re-read. The setting of this story is so vivid, Graumann's Hollywood described in so much detail; it's so easy to see Josef there in his private box in those rich and ornate surroundings. He really seems to fit there, even though he's not much of a one for the movies. What struck me the most is the annoying difficulty he has in watching the film, in slowing down his perceptions so that he can see the flow. That's such an awesome way to show his elemental difference, and a fantastic perception of what vampire vision might be like. I loved the way he's having trouble with the cameras from both ends ... avoiding having his picture not-taken, and struggling at the same time to see the pictures in motion.

Such a great film for him to be watching, too. I adored his musing on how it was love that killed the beast, not beauty, and his deep thoughts about whether such a love might ever come to him. Followed immediately, of course, by his more everyday cynicism. This is a jewel of a story for Josef!

Return to “Josef in History”