The Christmas Present (Mick/Beth; PG) 2009

A place for Tam's G to PG-13 stories
Tam
Logan's WoW nemesis

The Christmas Present (Mick/Beth; PG) 2009

Post by Tam »

Rating : G
Spoilers : Moonlight, season 1
Summary : Fluffy little romance scene for Mick/Beth, written for a friend as a Christmas gift :)
First posted : ff.net, December 2009

Disclaimer : The characters are not mine, no money is being made and no infringement is intended.
The Christmas Present

"Okay, you can open your eyes now," Beth said excitedly. Mick did, and looked at her expectantly. She had been very mysterious about her Christmas present and he was curious what she had gotten him. Beth was waiting.
"So...where is it?" Mick asked.
"Right here," she answered, opening her arms. "It's...me. Merry Christmas." She was glowing, blood rushing into her cheeks. He loved seeing her so flushed, and for a moment just watching her blush distracted him from what she had said. Then, he blinked.
"You? But...oh! Beth..." The candles. The new dress...the nervous little smiles she had been throwing him all through dinner as he watched her eat... He understood what she meant now, and it felt like an ice-cold hand had taken hold of his throat, choking his words. He slowly saw Beth's smile fall, anticipation fading into disappointment and (even worse)...embarrassment. It was like watching a car crash in slow motion.
"You know, when I practised saying this, I imagined you'd be a bit more...into it. I thought you...that you'd want--" she stuttered.
"Beth, I do. I do," Mick assured her quickly, reaching out to touch her arms, pulling her closer. But Beth put her hands up between them, planting them on his chest to keep a distance between them. She looked up at him. "But what?" she asked softly. She sounded like she might break down any second. Mick hated himself for being the cause of this. He hated seeing this valiant, inquisitive, strong woman with her rapid-fire wit reduced to this insecure little girl that stood before him.
"But I can't. Not without-- I can't keep them separate. The man and the...monster. I wouldn't be able to control myself. I could hurt you."
"I don't care."
"I could kill you."
"But you won't. You said so in the desert and you were able to stop. I made you stop. We can control this together-"
"I was starved, Beth. Weakened. It was different. When a healthy vampire starts draining, there's nothing the human can do to stop them."
"But you're not just 'a vampire'. You're Mick St John." Beth looked at him, the look in her eyes pleading. "I don't want this to stand between us forever. I want to be with you. And you never know, I might like it. Simone sounded like she was enjoying herself when you drank from her..."
Mick opened his mouth to speak but Beth put a slim finger on his lips, silencing him. "I don't want to start about that again. She's Josef's freshie, you are his best friend, I get it. I suppose, after this, if you want to share me with Josef..." she trailed off, the corners of her mouth curling up. "I'm kidding!!" Beth grinned.

Mick let go of a breath he hadn't realised he was holding. "This is all for you, Mick. Just for you." Beth brushed the hair from her neck, baring her throat. She swallowed. "I can't believe I am trying to convince my boyfriend to drink my blood," she commented quietly, staring down at her shoes. Mick raised her chin with his finger, forcing her eyes up to meet his.
"Beth, I love you," he started.
"Then show me," she interrupted him, "make love to me."

It was the way she looked at him then, that look in her eye that told him 'it's now or never'. He leaned down and kissed her like he had only ever kissed Coraline before; in full abandon, giving her all he had. He felt her tongue against his lips and carefully opened his mouth, protesting quietly as she traced the ridge of his teeth, exploring his canines. He couldn't help it- his fangs lengthened and cut into her tongue. But before he could pull away, Beth had put her hands on the sides of his face, holding him close. Her blood coated his tongue, tingling against his palate. He licked it off, sucking softly at her tongue. She trembled in his arms. Mick broke the kiss only to sweep her up in his strong embrace, lifting her off the floor. He looked down on her and smiled.
"I hope you realise," he said, wanting to lighten the mood, "that fresh blood only increases vampire stamina?"
"I'm counting on it," Beth replied huskily.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: The Christmas Present (Mick/Beth; PG) 2009

Post by francis »

I love this. A late Christmas present that you brought this one over. Beth is so determined, and finds a way to convince Mick. Now this is something that begs for a sequel :flirt: .
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Lovely!

It all comes back to that barrier. Mick had better get over it.

Wonderful!

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

So sweet! Thanks Tam! :clapping: :hearts:

Return to “Tam's Office”