Season 2, ep 8 'Legion, II' (PG13) - PART TWO

Tam
Logan's WoW nemesis

Season 2, ep 8 'Legion, II' (PG13) - PART TWO

Post by Tam »

Rating : PG13
Spoilers : Ep 1-16 of Moonlight, season 1, previous chapters of 'Season 2'
Summary : The tension between the two sides intensifies as the morgue is attacked.
First posted : right here, right now. :twothumbs: Thanks for your support!

Comment : The rest of the 'episode' I started a few days ago.

Disclaimer : The characters are not mine, no money is being made and no infringement is intended.

Legion, Part II (continued)
Previously on Moonlight:

Josef speaks : “We lost the morgue and the blood bank. Both locations were attacked, our stocks destroyed.”

“It means humans will be killed and drained for the highest bidder,” Mick fills in dully. “We need to stop the Legion as fast as possible so you can set up shop again, Guillermo.”

“No! I will not let you bite her! It’s too dangerous!” Mick says loudly.
“We have no choice, Mick. She’s our only hope right now.”

“Are you ready?” Josef asks. Beth nods.

Legion headquarters. Beth is resting against the wall, sitting on the floor. She is pale and bleeding from a wound on her neck. She is lifted carefully, and carried inside. In the shadows across the street, Mick watches, looking worried.

Mick looks at the entrance of the building until the men from the Legion carry Beth inside. Then, he looks down on his bloodied hands.

//Flashback// Beth steps into the side room of Josef’s office. Guillermo closes the door behind her, giving her a comforting smile. Josef walks up to her and looks at her questioningly. She nods almost imperceptibly. Mick studies her, sees her swallow hard and gathers the hair at the nape of her neck, pulling it out of the way and baring her throat, the way she did in the desert. He can hear her heart hammer in his ears, growing ever louder and faster. Josef looks at her, his eyes shifting to a pale silver. His lips part, revealing fangs.
Beth’s pupils widen. She turns her head to the side, closing her eyes tightly, bracing herself. Josef bends towards her, breathing in deeply.

“No!” Mick shouts, shooting forward and putting himself between Beth and his best friend. “No. I can’t—if we must do this, I will do it.”

Beth looks up at him, a relieved smile on her lips. Mick takes her into his arms, holding her tight. Josef takes a few steps back and turns away from them, forcing down his fangs. He closes his eyes and lets out a relieved breath through puffed cheeks.

Mick kisses the side of Beth’s neck. She sighs and closes her eyes again, less tense this time.

Mick voice-over: I can’t believe I am doing this again.

He pierces her skin with his teeth and she gasps, holding onto him tightly. Visions of red, a pounding heart, a soft moan- and then Josef is putting his hand on Mick’s shoulder, pulling him away. “It’s enough, Mick. Let go.”

Mick opens his eyes and sees Beth slumped in his arms.

Mick voice-over: This is why it can never work. I have no control. And Josef won’t always be there to hold me back.

He heaves Beth into his arms and carries her away. // The Legion Headquarters. Mick lays Beth down gently. She moans and opens her eyes, blinking at the lights.

“Beth, I’m--” Mick starts, but she whispers: “Go. They’ll see you. Go.”

With a flash he is gone, retreating into the shadows across the street. //

Mick’s apartment. Mick stares at his phone. It rings. He picks it up hurriedly- and then slumps. It’s not Beth.

“No news yet?” Josef asks.
“No,” Mick replies tersely.
“Want me to come over?”
Mick pauses, closing his eyes briefly. “Yes.”

A white room slowly comes into focus. Beth blinks. A woman gets up and walks to the side of the couch Beth is lying on.
“Hey. How are you feeling?” she asks kindly.
Beth’s hands go up to her throat. “Where am I?” she asks, wincing. Her voice is raspy.
“Inside the Legion. You’re safe now,” the woman replies. “I’ll tell the others that you’re awake. You did the right thing, coming to us.” She gets up and leaves.
“I hope so,” Beth replies softly after the door closes. Then, she pats her jeans, frowning. Panicking slightly, she looks around for her purse, and then sighs with relief as she locates it on the table. She takes out her phone. Keeping one eye on the door, she starts typing a message.

Mick scrolls through it and his shoulders slacken in relief. “She’s awake. She says she’s okay,” he says, and turns to face Josef.
“Good,” his friend agrees. “Then now we can only wait and see if they take the bait.” He gets up and puts a hand on Mick’s shoulder, squeezing softly. “She’ll be okay. She’s one of the bravest women I have ever met.”

“Josef?”
“Mmm?”
“You planned for me to bite her, didn’t you?”
Josef smirks. “I hoped you would, but I wasn’t sure. You certainly know how to keep things exciting.”
Mick smiles self-consciously. Then his smile fades. “Josef, about what I said…”
Josef shrugs. “I don’t know what you’re talking about. Why don’t you get us another drink?” He offers his friend a smile. Mick nods and walks to his kitchen, sliding open the hidden blood compartment. He looks inside. There’s two bags left inside. He takes one out.

Mick voice-over: I hope Guillermo gets back in business soon.

Beth is sitting up on the couch, facing two men and the woman who was with her earlier.
“So, let me get this straight,” one of them says. “After we told you to stay away from Kostan, you went to his house.”
“Yeah.”
“And listened in on his meeting.”
“Yeah.”
“Do you have any idea how close you came to dying?”
“Yes,” Beth whispers, closing her eyes. Visions of Mick play against the back of her eyelids.
“Do you have a death-wish, Miss Turner? Do you like flirting with mortality?” the second man asks harshly.
“I--” Beth starts, but he woman interrupts.
“Please, Peter. Can’t you see she’s frightened?”
“I wanted to help,” Beth brings out feebly. “I want him to pay for what he has done. I know about the women he has killed. He told me shortly before he started… draining me. He said I would join them.”
“It’s okay, you’re safe now,” the woman repeats, moving over to the couch to sit next to her, petting her arm.

“You said they plan to attack the university next?” the first man prompts.
Beth nods. “They need fresh recruits. I heard him say that they had selected a class of medical students. That they are perfect. Faced with death or participating in a medical miracle, most of them wouldn’t be able to resist. And those that do…”
“…become the food,” the man concludes. Beth nods again.
“He said…” she hesitates, “that for every vampire the Legion takes, he will sire two until L.A. is populated with his childer.”
“…and they too will sire,” the woman adds. “God have mercy on our souls.” She looks determined. “We have to stop them. We need to secure the university.”
The third man sits back, looking sceptical. “How do we know she’s not lying? She could be luring us all into our deaths.”
Beth swallows. The woman looks shocked. “How can you say that? Josef Kostan tried to kill her. Why should she want to protect him? She nearly died!”
Beth looks at them apprehensively. The man looks back at her. “That, she did,” he agrees, and gets up. He walks from the room.
“He’s always like that,” the woman assures Beth. “Just tell us what else you know, and we’ll take care of it.”

//flash forward// University, lecture hall. Beth voice-over : it’ll be disguised as a special lecture. Kostan will be present as main sponsor.

Josef sits on the side of the small stage, wearing a business suit. A professor steps up to the lectern- brown suit, brown shoes.

Beth V-O : A group of his…vampires will also be there.

The Cleaners, dressed in civil clothes, stand guard at the doors.

Beth V-O : They will lock the doors from the outside, sealing the students in.

“We have to get our men inside,” the man from the Legion says adamantly.

//flash forward : Several ‘students’ go inside, carrying bags. A zoom in through the bags- guns, crossbows, stakes. //

“Yes,” Beth agrees.

//flash forward : The professor is revealed- it’s Gerald Stovsky . The hall of students are all vampires- silver eyes and fangs glittering. They turn on the Legion infiltrates.//

A dark room. The man who had walked out on Beth is dialling a telephone number.
“Yes?” a voice on the other side sounds.
“It’s me. We talked to the woman now.”
“And?”
“She said they plan to attack the university.”
“Will Kostan be there?”
“She says so.”
“But you don’t believe her?”
“No.” The light falls onto the caller’s face. His eyes are pale, and his fangs glitter.
“Kostan was not the one who bit her.”

Beth is alone in the room. She’s calling Mick.
“Beth. Where are you?” he asks urgently. He sits at his desk in his office.
“Still at the Legion. They want me to stay here until I’ve recovered. They sent a woman to pick up some clothes at my house.”
“Are you okay?” Mick asks, concern clear in his voice.
“Yes, I’m fine. I think they bought it.” She hears someone come. “I have to go. I’ll call you.”
“I love you, Beth,” Mick hurries to say. The connection is broken.
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Re: Season 2, ep 8 'Legion, II' (PG13) - PART TWO

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

Yay, for some reason, I am glad Stovsky wasn't "handled" permanently in episode 3. But the Legion have employed a vamp? How can he turn against his own? Unless... :mdrama:
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Beth is indeed deep in the Legion and they know she is not being honest with them.
dundunDuun

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Oh my. A vampire who knows she wasn't bitten by Josef.
If only Josef had done it. But on the other hand, I just knew that Mick would pull through and do it himself. I just wonder why he had no control.
Oh, please continue this soon. This is so good.
susieb
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by susieb »

This is so much like watching a true season 2 that it's amazing. I love how you've done the voiceovers and the dialog between our favorite characters rings true. The pace of your story is also so true to ML. Are you sure you didn't write for season 1? :giggle: I hope your muse is quite active because I'm eagerly awaiting more. :cheer:
Susie

Sometimes the past doesn't catch up with you, it haunts you.
Tam
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Tam »

susieb wrote:Are you sure you didn't write for season 1? :giggle:
*snooty look* If I had, you think it'd have been cancelled?? :snicker:

Thanks very much for your compliments. I'm writing a new 'ep' but the magazine keeps sneaking up in between!! :blushing:

Return to “Season 2”