4. Terce (nine a.m.) - PG

janicevictoria
Fledgling

Re: Terce (nine a.m.) - PG

Post by janicevictoria »

Red, That was wonderful! How very like Josef to give Beth a new perspective on things and a dose of reality at the same time...Love this series! :wave:

Thanks to Pinkiepie for my lovely banner
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

:wave: janice.

Delighted you stopped by. :cloud9:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
lorig
Fledgling

Post by lorig »

:cheer: Loved it!! Josef was dead on! Nice one Red... :twothumbs:
Gorgeous banner by PinkiePie
Tag by Mags and coco
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Thanks, sweetie. As always. :hug: :hearts: :rose:

Red

rijane
Freelance freshie

Post by rijane »

I love this series and the treatment of our characters in your skilled hands. This story is no exception and I think you did Anthony proud. I know you'll continue to do so.
redwinter101 wrote:curiosity had trumped dignity
Definitely Beth :)
redwinter101 wrote:he neither wanted nor expected an answer
And definitely Josef.
redwinter101 wrote:Well I think he's a fool but he's my friend so I put up with it."
And here we have the other side of Josef, the friend to Mick year in and year out, with an edge of patronizing, but at the end loyal and true. You're always such a master with character, which is the fundamental of fanfic (and fiction) for me.
redwinter101 wrote:Isn't that what a terminal illness is? The knowledge that in a very short period of time the body will die? In Mick's case that means he'll become a vampire again but I assure you, it is as significant and meaningful to him as to any other human."
Oh, that's brilliant! I never thought of what Mick was going through in quite that way and it fits. It's a great perspective and, even better, I had one of those moments I haven't had in a while - when I discovered something new and sparkly about Moonlight. Two years gone, watched and rewatched, written and rewritten, and there still remains things to be discovered. Thank you.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Oh, Ri. :rose: :rose: *sniffle*

Your comment made me so happy - both for your kind compliments and because this story gave you something new to enjoy about our wonderful show. That's made my day.

:heart:

Red

ETA: And I forgot to mention how much I love the new avatar. :melts: :melts:

rijane
Freelance freshie

Post by rijane »

The comments are much-deserved.

and LOL on the avatar. I suppose Christmas is but a distant memory and I always need me some pretty new Mick. And an excuse to pour over pretty Moonlight pics for hours ;)
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

It's a dirty job.

Or so I've been told (having NO first-hand experience of such an onerous task).

Red

Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

Heya, Red!!

Well, girlfriend -- you should know me by now and know that my late comments here are in no way a reflection of me "dissing" your fics. I actually read this when you PM'd me some time ago, and I thought I'd left a comment, but apparently I was in a rush at the time and did not. So I'm back.

This is the Josef I love -- in control, yet so, so dangerous. However, he is being pushed here by his absolute love (and devotion--I agree with DSR) for Mick, and knowing that in order for his friend to be whole, he has to shake or scare some sense into Mick's favorite human. And he does it with such flair that I envy him. His every word has such deep meaning, but all smooth and shiny on the surface you're almost like "wait...what?" But I think he knows Beth by now and that she can take it. Not only take his advice, but understand it and work it out, move forward with it. Because that's the kind of woman she is. I like that she is brave enough not to let her pride get in the way -- not from being rankled by being "summoned" by Josef or making that phone call.

Another thing that struck me is when Josef divulged to Beth that he knew Beth had asked Mick that fateful question: "Why do you go on living?" I can only imagine how much that hurt Mick not only to have heard it, but to have repeated it... Oh man! And what in the hell would Josef have said in response to Mick at that revelation? It boggles the mind.

I'm liking the notion of this being Episode 12.5. And you've created it so well, Red, as usual!

For you always --
:rose: :flowers: :rose: :flowers: :rose: :flowers: :rose:
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Moonlighter, you KNOW how happy I am to see you whenever you stop by - there's no time limit. :snicker: The fic's here and it ain't goin' nowhere.

I do love Josef. As Alle said upthread he was so gentle in his urging to Mick to do something about his love for Beth, but with everything that had happened at the beach, I loved imagining he'd been a little more, um, forceful with Beth. I think he does eventually come to care about her for herself, but at this point, she's only important to him because she's important to Mick and has the power to make him happy (and consequently, the power to break his heart).

As for those words Beth said to Mick - grief or no grief they still make me wince every single time. So cruel (even if unintentionally so) that I could imagine Mick pondering, replaying, pondering some more and eventually sharing with Josef quite how much he's been hurt.

:heart: :heart:

Red

jen
Cleaner

Re: 4. Terce (nine a.m.) - PG

Post by jen »

Wonderful!

Wonderful to read this treasure again. Josef served up a very needed and deserved dose of tough love with elegance and style. Totally agree with what Alle said upthread. Josef reads people well enough to tell that Beth can handle what he is dishing out with the summoning and that she will make use of the information.

We see Josef Kostan as a loyal, good friend here--to both Mick and Beth.

This is another slice of life moving forward, Moonlight style.

Thank you.

Jenna

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Thanks, jen - that's very much how I see Josef, too.

Red

diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

redwinter101 wrote:
Taking a deep breath, smoothing greasy palms across her jeans she pulled out her phone and dialled, biting down the icy blast of fear that swelled in her throat. What if he didn't answer? What if she had passed the point of forgiveness?

One ring.

But she knew, as she'd always known, that point didn't exist for Mick.
:clapping: So true... He loves her so selflessly. I really love the way you have Josef portray what Mick has been through, what turning meant for him; especially coming from Josef who Beth knows has quite a different perception of vampirism, that says something. And of course the way he describes all that Beth means to Mick, what he has done for her, never expecting anything in return, not even to know of his very existence for so many years. :Mickangel: :cloud9:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

diane31 wrote: :clapping: So true... He loves her so selflessly. I really love the way you have Josef portray what Mick has been through, what turning meant for him; especially coming from Josef who Beth knows has quite a different perception of vampirism, that says something. And of course the way he describes all that Beth means to Mick, what he has done for her, never expecting anything in return, not even to know of his very existence for so many years. :Mickangel: :cloud9:
Thanks, diane - and let me add my :Mickangel: to yours. There IS such selflessness to Mick's actions - I can hardly imagine the torment of loving someone for so long from such a distance, isolated and alone. I wanted Beth to know that - and I wanted Josef to be the one to tell her (because Mick never would :roll: ).

Red

Kara
Fledgling

Post by Kara »

I know some people disliked Beth's action having stayed with Josh. I did too, but if you think about it, what was she supposed to do when Mick couldn't even figure out what to do with himself? But, in the end, they has each other. So it's all good.

Thank you Red. :rose:

Return to “The Divine Office”