Difficult, Dangerous, and Complicated: Challenge #112 PG-13

Emerald
Sire

Re: Difficult, Dangerous, and Complicated: Challenge #112 PG-13

Post by Emerald »

librarian_7 wrote:Why, thank you, Em! In addition to the advice of my usual infallible beta, Lilly, I did have this vetted by someone who writes Beth beautifully, the lovely and talented Allegrita. She made my Beth, better.

Lucky
I'm always in awe of people who can write Beth really well. Even from a Slash point of view, she's still an important part of Mick's life, and overall characterisation. I wish I could do better justice to her in terms of writing. :flowers:
"Vampires are outside the realms of human constructed notions of sexuality"

I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be

Queen of the Jock (Josef/Mick) Shippers
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Re: Difficult, Dangerous, and Complicated: Challenge #112 PG

Post by Moonlighter »

What a revealing conversation between these two, setting the world to rights in terms of their respective vampires. But the bottom line is a girl's gotta ask for what she wants, expecially with these two vamps, otherwise it will only get more difficult, more dangerous, and definitely more complicated. Nicely done.
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

At the beginning of the story, Lucky and Beth aren't on the best of terms. We all know what happened the last time they were together. By the end of the story, they have come to understand one another. Both women are in similar unconventional relationships. It can help to have someone to talk to, especially someone who understands the situation.

And Lucky is right -- Communication is an essential part of all relationships, especially difficult, dangerous, and complicated relationships.

Well done, Lucky! :rose:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I love revisiting old challenges. I completely forgot this one. This conversation between Beth and Lucky is so real. It is awkward and difficult dangerous and complicated in it's own way. Two women that don't know each other very well had to be totally honest. Men are clueless!
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

(Where was I in February 2010 that I missed all these great fics? :chin: )

Awkward for them, very moving for me. And I loved how librarian/Lucky worked in the difficult, dangerous and complicated theme.

:hearts:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Lucky (librarian_7, that is) was so good at making her writing look effortless. But she put a ton of effort into that seeming effortlessness, getting the voices just right, drawing the setting, and working in the themes. In a less capable writer's hands, these stories would be heavy-handed. But she made them sing. :notworthy:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

allegrita wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:26 pm But she made them sing. :notworthy:
:heart:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.

Return to “Josef's Lucky”