Valentine's Day 1962 PG-13 Forgiveness Series

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Valentine's Day 1962 PG-13 Forgiveness Series

Post by cassysj »

Doesn't fit the challenge topic but I felt like doing another holiday with Sarah's mother. This is my alternate universe where Sarah woke up in 1960

I do not own any recognizable characters no copyright infringement is intended.

February 1962

Charles calls Anne Whitley.

“Anne its Charles, may I come over to visit?”

Anne was so excited she had only seen her daughter a couple of times since she woke up. “Is Sarah with you?”

“No, she’s at home.”

“When are you going to tell me where the two of you live? It’s ridiculous that I can’t even call or write my own daughter.”

“Anne, that’s not true. I have messengers pick up letters from you weekly and Sarah gets them all. May I still come over even though I’m alone?”

“Yes Charles. You’re always welcome in my house. When can I expect you?”

“Is an hour too soon?”

“No, come right over.”

Ding Dong!

“Come in Charles. She kissed him on the cheek.

“You look lovely Anne. You never age. Have you found the fountain of youth?”

Anne laughed. “Charles you usually don’t waste time with flattery. What can I do for you?”

“I have an awkward situation and I want your advice on the best way to handle it.”

“I’ll help in any way I can Charles. Is it about Sarah? Is she doing okay? She’s not going feral or anything is she?”

“Anne relax. Sarah is fine. Valentine’s Day is coming up next week and I’m not sure how to handle it.”

“Charles Fitzgerald, don’t tell me you’ve never had a sweetheart. I’m sure you know what to buy a woman.”

Charles laughed “Anne, I have had my fair share of ladyfriends. It’s not that I don’t know what to buy Sarah, it’s that I don’t know what Valentine’s Day to celebrate.”

Anne shook her head. “I’m confused. Isn’t the 14th the only Valentine’s Day?”

Charles nodded. “Yes, but I bought her a gift in 1955 and then she slept until December 1960. She was so busy learning how to be a vampire last February she didn’t know what month it was let alone the day. She’s very excited this year and has been dropping hints about her present but I don’t know if it’s our seventh year together or our second.

Anne stood up and patted him on the cheek. “It must have been so hard on you. All those years alone.”

“I don’t want to ruin her day by reminding her of the coma but I also don’t want her to think I never thought of her during those five years. They were real.”

Anne’s heart broke for him. All those years she thought her daughter had ran away to be with the man she loved, she never had to endure seeing her baby in a coma. She would always love Charles for not giving up.

“Charles, it’s not like it’s your tenth anniversary. Why mention a year? Just say Happy Valentine’s Day. I promise you before 1965 I’ll find out how long Sarah thinks you’ve been together.”

Charles looked at Anne and realized in over three hundred years he had never known anyone that loved their child as much as she did. Anne & Sarah were more than mother-daughter, they were friends. He realized he was going to have to let Anne enter his world and not just an occasional visit.

He stood up gave Anne a quick kiss on the forehead. “Thank you, I do appreciate your help.”

He turned to leave and then said quietly. “California.”

“What about California?” Anne asked.

“We live in California. I’ll write the address down for you. Anne she’s still a young vampire, no surprise visits but you can write her directly from now on.”

Anne caught him in a bear hug. “Thank you Charles. I won’t do anything to upset her. This is the best Valentine’s present I’ve ever gotten.”
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Valentine's Day 1962 PG-13 Forgiveness Series

Post by francis »

Love it. Anne and Charles have an understanding. :heart:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Valentine's Day 1962 PG-13 Forgiveness Series

Post by cassysj »

I just realized I never commented. I love Charles and Anne together, they completely understand each other.

Return to “Forgiveness”