A Special Note to My Readers: becoming 100% Moonlightaholic

A place for Librarian_7's G to PG-13 stories
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

A Special Note to My Readers: becoming 100% Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Dear Friends and Readers,

I'd hoped to mark my 7500th post with a fic...but as it hasn't fallen out that way, I decided to write a little love note to all of you.

In case someone hasn't noticed by now, I pretty much live on this board. Over the past 13 months, I've posted (or re-posted) almost 200 fic pieces, counting all the chapters, drabbles, one-shots, challenges...and so on and so forth. I used to post my fic in several venues; since last January, if it's a new Moonlight piece by me, it's here. Period. Like my best-known OC, I'm an "exclusive." I decided that if this was my home, this was where my fic would live. It was a personal decision, perhaps one that made my audience a little less broad than if I posted on multiple sites. But early on in my fic writing career, I came to the conclusion that I was writing for the ones who mattered to me. My friends. And I consider all of you who read and comment on my fic here, friends.

Many of you have responded so wonderfully to my stories, I'm in no danger of stopping anytime soon. The adventures of Josef through his long life, as I manage to visualize it, the ups and downs of Josef's relationship with Freshie Lucky, and Mick's "noir-ish" cases will continue. Sprinkled on the side with drabbles and challenges, and other random fic that pops into mind. For the record, right now, I'm working on: new installments for two in-progress multis, two one-shots, a challenge fic, and probably a couple of other things I'm forgetting at the moment. I like to think that my newer fiction is showing improvement over my first efforts, that the sheer mass of words I've set down has given me greater control over my subject matter and execution.

I'd been saying for a good part of my life, during the twenty years when I was writing no fiction to speak of, that I just wished I could write one good vampire novel. Seriously. Now, I rather feel like through my ML fic, I've accomplished that, in a way I never could have foreseen a few years ago.

I'm not sure what all this qualifies me as, if not a bona fide Moonlightaholic. Reaching the "official" rank of 100% is really just an outward symbol of a self-evident truth.

To say that I'm fond of the people here is a huge understatement. The readers who support my work, the members who provide everyone with thousands of insightful, informative, and often hilarious posts...I love you. The mods, one and all...Lilly, one of my best friends in the world, and the best beta ever. Allegrita, a truly lovely individual, and a wicked good beta, too. PNWgal, whose passion for writing, life, and justice enthralls me. Redwinter, our redoubtable and indefatiguable maven. And Phoenix, the one who brought us together, and who leads us. Her vision made this board, and her devotion to it is downright epic. Trust me on this one. Together, the team that runs this board could not be better. Six of us, all very different, but the pieces of the puzzle interlock in a way that makes the whole greater than the sum of the parts.

Many times I've seen this board praised as a peaceful, hassle-free place for us all to indulge our shared passion for Moonlight, and to come together in support of our members in good times and trying ones. My hope is that this continue, indefinitely!

Your (newest) 100% Moonlightaholic,

Lucky
one.zebra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: A Special Note to My Readers: becoming 100% Moonlightaholic

Post by one.zebra »

Congrats! /bear hug to Lucky/ :hearts:
Banner and avatar by Twilightdew!

Travelling 33rpm in an iPod world
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, dear Lucky--you are truly an inspiration to me and to many others. Your productivity as a writer would be impressive for its quantity alone, but the quality of your fiction is really staggeringly high, and you manage to continue to improve on perfection time after time. I'm honored and very, very happy to be considered your friend and fellow mod, and I share your admiration of this board and everyone who lives here. :hearts:

Thank you for everything you do for MLA, for the fandom, and for me personally. You're just a phenomenal person. :hug:
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

:hug: and :ghug:
Lucky, that's a huge decision and I thank you for your dedication to this board. This place really is something special and I feel very grateful for the quality of writing you gift us with.

You know, now that we have 'zines' happening on this board, maybe you could have your vampire novel. You've certainly written enough words to qualify! I can see your 'Lucky/Josef' stories collated in order between a pair of covers (we do 'zine covers, why not others sorts?) as a collection of short stories. Now that would be amazing. (Not to dob you in here, Lilly, but any cover you came up with for that would be awesome.)

thanks again Wonderful Lucky and congratulations!! :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Congratulations, Lucky, to being officially moonlightoholic. :flowers:
Congratulations to us for having your stories. Thank you for not stopping to write. :rose:
I live here too, even when I go out once in a while and spread my activity a bit. But I feel like at home here, so I guess we're kind of roommates (only that Phee pays the rent). :hearts:
You mods are all such great people, I'm so proud to be part of this board. I'd never have thought that I'd feel so connected to people all over the world. Lucky, you are a big part of this.
Thank you back!
:twothumbs:
AggieVamp
Rogue vampire

Post by AggieVamp »

And I too want to add lots of :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: and :hug: :hug: :hug: to this thread. I have to say that it was one of your fics that got me involved into Moonlight fan fic. I'm not a stranger to fan fic have read other fandoms. But I have to say yours touches my Moonlight heart in a very special way - and I will always :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: and :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: whenver I get a note that there is a new chapter/fic available to read!

so - :smooch: and thank you for all you do!

Karen
Banner by HotMicks

Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional - and I Opt NOT to Grow Up!
:petcat: :petcat:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Congratulations Lucky. We are very fortunate to have your fic and I always look forward to a new story from you. I pretty much live here as well though like francis I do pop in on other places.

This really is a wonderful peaceful place and that has a lot to do with you and all the other mods.

Here's to a long future with many more stories to come. :champs:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Image She likes me ... she really likes me.

*ahem*

Dude, when you can write like that, you really don't need much of a beta. That's why I'm perfect for the job... :teeth:

I just want to say congratulations on making it official :hug: -- but it's not like we didn't always know you qualified. :snicker:

All kidding aside, your thoughts about the board echo my feelings completely. We Moonlightaholics are a diverse bunch here; we complement and challenge one another in ways that I never thought possible.

Thank you for everything you do to make this the special place it is. :hearts:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Aw, Lucky... you are one of the main reasons I stuck around after poking my head in the front door (the other mods/members can punish you as they see fit :laugh: ).

on your milestone! You were 100% long before it became official, though. :giggle:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

:hyper2: *tackles Lucky in a Texas-sized bear hug*

Oh you insanely talented, poetic, humorous, open-minded, hassle-free, and exclusive 100% Moonlightaholic!!!!!!!!!!!
Do YOU have any IDEA how much YOU are loved??????? :hearts: :heart: :hug:
Just sayin'. :devil:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
OnceBitTwiceShy
Freelance freshie

Post by OnceBitTwiceShy »

Since becoming a Moonlight fanficaholic I have loved reading your fics. I am thrilled that you are posting new fics and reposting old favorites. As long as you keep writing, I will keep reading. Thank you for supplying me with my fix!
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Congratulations, Lucky, on becoming an official 100% Moonlightaholic.

You have always been 100% to all of us. :hug:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

Lucky, I don't read fanfic really, for various reasons, but one of these days, I'll get around to reading at least one story from all the various writers here. That's my non-New Year's Resolution. LOL

Even if I don't think about ML as much as I used to, again, for various reasons, it still lives on in my heart and soul. If I see something that reminds me of Mick, Beth, Josef or ML in general, I sigh to myself. That said, I want to ALWAYS be a 100% Moonlightaholic because it really did change my life, for the better. I've met some amazing people on and offline, including you, gave blood for the first time in my life, wrote a fanfic and started writing another that is STILL not finished. LOL

Thanks for being a fair and wonderful Mod here. We all appreciate you and the other terrific mods. :notworthy: To my fellow Texan.... :hug: and congrats on 7500 posts!!
*Christy*

MoonlitRose
Fledgling

Post by MoonlitRose »

:rose: Congratulations, Lucky on becoming and "official" 100% Moonlightaholic! :rose: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Thank you for all of your fanfic, some of which I have yet to experience, and some which I know are absolutely A-#-1 First Class all the way! :ghug:

-MoonlitRose
To view additional Graphic Art by MoonlitRose.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Congrats, Lucky!!! :hug: We always knew you were 100% Moonlightaholic and then some, but now you have the title to prove it :heart: You're one of the key reasons this place is so vibrant and so fun to be! You've graced us with your wonderful works of fiction, giving us all a window into the many lives of one Josef Kostan. May you get your wish that it goes on indefinitely!!
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!

Return to “Librarian_7's Office”